Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Umbrella Waste Factory:: (Caution! Biohazardous waste!)
The Arsenal of Resident Evil 4 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tyr525

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:51 pm
If you haven't noticed, the rifle (The first you obtain in the game) is actually based off the infamous Springfield rifle, used mainly in WWII, pictured thus here:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:14 pm
Psi_Mu_Merc
User Image
User Image
Hmm... I don't know, but I'll try to find out. (By the way, you have the Socom in your list...and the Mk. 23 is based on the USP frame.*cough cough*)
Cosmetically speaking, they are nearly identical. Though I admit the Mk. 23 does look closer to being the pistol than the USP. I found this a bit confusing until I saw the Five-Seven listed as the Punisher. This pistol is NOT a 9mm PB at all! It's chambered for the 5.7mm round (the same round that is used by FN's P90), so I can see that Capcom likes screwing around with the caliber's in weapons. evil
That would be all the more accurate theory. It seems that Capcom skews the weapons... Yet, it's not against copyright to use real weapon names... Maybe Capcom doesn't want to advertise. Hmm..  

Biohazard EXTREME

Das Jabberwockie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:25 pm
Heh. I remember there was an article like this over GoldenEye 007 where they revealed what guns were real and what weren't. Or what they were based off of. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:54 am
HeroCasey
In The Mercenaries, it looks like Hunk has a modified UZI or Mac 10 or 11. It seems like it has the Fold Stock but it has a grip attachment with a laser on the front. Even if it takes TMP ammo.

It just takes 9mm. In "the real world," it would probably just use 9mm Pb. I'm still trying to figure out why Capcom won't let players share 9millie between pistols and smgs.....  

Psi_Mu_Merc

Psi_Mu_Merc

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:56 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Psi_Mu_Merc
User Image
User Image
Hmm... I don't know, but I'll try to find out. (By the way, you have the Socom in your list...and the Mk. 23 is based on the USP frame.*cough cough*)
Cosmetically speaking, they are nearly identical. Though I admit the Mk. 23 does look closer to being the pistol than the USP. I found this a bit confusing until I saw the Five-Seven listed as the Punisher. This pistol is NOT a 9mm PB at all! It's chambered for the 5.7mm round (the same round that is used by FN's P90), so I can see that Capcom likes screwing around with the caliber's in weapons. evil
That would be all the more accurate theory. It seems that Capcom skews the weapons... Yet, it's not against copyright to use real weapon names... Maybe Capcom doesn't want to advertise. Hmm..

But it's usually not very hard to identify what weapon you're using in the games...
*shrugs* I'm just happy that they decided to mix some of the weapons up in RE4...I wish that they'd bring back an assault rifle though... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:15 am
I'm still Pro-more Melee weapondry. Like, why is Leon the only person with a knife, seriously. Hunk doesn't even carry a knife, that's dumb.

I'd like to see a Bat with a nail in it or something.  

HeroCasey

Das Jabberwockie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:50 am
HeroCasey
I'm still Pro-more Melee weapondry. Like, why is Leon the only person with a knife, seriously. Hunk doesn't even carry a knife, that's dumb.

Krauser also carried a knife....But some melee weapons would be nice to see. (Ie. crowbars and hooks. But that would make RE seem a bit like Silent Hill if Leon tore into an enemy with a clawed crowbar. sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:28 pm
DasJabberwockie
HeroCasey

Krauser also carried a knife....But some melee weapons would be nice to see. (Ie. crowbars and hooks. But that would make RE seem a bit like Silent Hill if Leon tore into an enemy with a clawed crowbar. sweatdrop )

That's not necessarily a bad thing. It could add a little more realism...  

Psi_Mu_Merc

HeroCasey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:29 pm
I think everyone should get a knife. Seriously, it's so annoying that you have to waste ammo in Mercenaries if you play with Ada, Wesker or Hunk to open a box or barrel.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:41 pm
HeroCasey
I think everyone should get a knife. Seriously, it's so annoying that you have to waste ammo in Mercenaries if you play with Ada, Wesker or Hunk to open a box or barrel.

Yeah, I know what you mean. My beef with RE4 is that they should have made an Assignment Ada-ish minigame for all the mercs. Add a knife, give everyone some decent weapons, and viola! instant fun. razz  

Psi_Mu_Merc

HeroCasey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:52 pm
Psi_Mu_Merc
HeroCasey

Yeah, I know what you mean. My beef with RE4 is that they should have made an Assignment Ada-ish minigame for all the mercs. Add a knife, give everyone some decent weapons, and viola! instant fun. razz

I agree. Well, except for that fact that I don't think Hunk has a job anymore. Since Umbrella is done with, he doesn't have a job. Unless he's working directly for Wesker or HFC. I don't think he was ever actually there..but he could have been!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:59 pm
Psi_Mu_Merc
It's not Resident Evil though. It's Silent Hill. Sure, it would be more realistic if in RE you had to heal yourself with disinfectants, styptics, and bandages, but then it would be Metal Gear Solid. What separates games is the way they have their little things that are realistic about them (SH's weaponry, and MGS's healing method) and have things that are very UNrealistic (MGS: mentioning the fact that it's a game) It's what makes those games unique, that's why they have their own fanbases. I happen to be a fan of all three, but never the less, mixing them up=BAD IDEA!  

Biohazard EXTREME

Tyr525

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Psi_Mu_Merc
It's not Resident Evil though. It's Silent Hill. Sure, it would be more realistic if in RE you had to heal yourself with disinfectants, styptics, and bandages, but then it would be Metal Gear Solid. What separates games is the way they have their little things that are realistic about them (SH's weaponry, and MGS's healing method) and have things that are very UNrealistic (MGS: mentioning the fact that it's a game) It's what makes those games unique, that's why they have their own fanbases. I happen to be a fan of all three, but never the less, mixing them up=BAD IDEA!

Agreed. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:20 am
Mitsurugi_Heishiro
Biohazard EXTREME
Psi_Mu_Merc

Agreed. 3nodding

And if RE5 does this?...
I'm not saying that melee weapons should be the main things used in RE. I just think it would be nice to have an axe or something that can cause some damage without requiring bullets. Of course, the RE games of late seem to filled with ammo... confused  

Psi_Mu_Merc

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:07 pm
Psi_Mu_Merc
And if RE5 does this?...
I'm not saying that melee weapons should be the main things used in RE. I just think it would be nice to have an axe or something that can cause some damage without requiring bullets. Of course, the RE games of late seem to filled with ammo... confused
The thing is... People complained that RE4 didn't feel like Resident Evil because Resident Evil is about zombies. But Resident Evil was never just about zombies. It was about zombies and guns. And even though they got rid of zombies, guns have always been an integral part of the series. You have an enemy, you could run, but it's easier to just shoot. Therefore, Guns are the main tool in Resident Evil. Outbreak was different because we were dealing with civillians, who had to be resourceful. But even there, you find all kinds of guns. If RE5 mainly concentrates on Melee weapons, then it will suck, because that's not what Resident Evil is about, especially when concerning a professional marksman.  
::Umbrella Waste Factory:: (Caution! Biohazardous waste!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games