Reply The L Guild Forum
Death Note FAQ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheAc30fSpades

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:41 pm
I pronounce Ls like Ts when I saw Japanese words. As I watched animes, it kind of started to have an effect on me. I've noticed that they basically pronounce Ls at Ts but they say it fast so it kind of sounds like L.  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:54 pm
My thoughts on L's name are that as he is an orphan, perhaps his mother died as she was about to write down his name and as the last name was going to be hers she had filled that out first and had just decided on a name and then she died or something. (It also makes it fun for me to guess what L could have been named)

And I think that somewhere in vol.13 (the how to read) book. It is stated that Misa kills herself on Valentines day of the following year after Light dies.

And in the Anime it is a different timeline compared to the manga, in the manga I think the story spans from 2005- 2009 while in the anime it starts later.

(What gets me is that according to volume 13, I'm around 9 months older than Mello)  

Iszumi

Special Agent Odd

3,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:12 am
TheAc30fSpades
I pronounce Ls like Ts when I saw Japanese words. As I watched animes, it kind of started to have an effect on me. I've noticed that they basically pronounce Ls at Ts but they say it fast so it kind of sounds like L.

{{{They're not pronounced like Ts, my friend.
In the Japanese language, Rs sound like Ls.
There really are no Ls in Japanese, though.
Rs just sound like a combination of an L's sound and an R's sound.
That's why, in Japan, you will see a sign indicating a Liquor store, when it says "Riquor" instead of "Liquor," and why a hair sallon will have a sign that says "Sarron" instead of "Sallon."
In short, they're not Ts. They're just Rs that sound oddly like Ls.
}}}

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:01 pm
Tea with Bubbly
Dark Spellmaster
I have a quick question. Did the creator ever say if there was someone before L? Or was he the first, since he's not the only one at the orphanage?

No, they don't ever mention it. Theres theories saying Watari was the first L but I doubt that.
Theres a HUGE hint that the creators are kind of lazy about things they probably didn't think about or they're just messing with their fans to keep them guessing. xD

What about BB?

Blizzard snowstorm

Fritessaus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:26 pm
I always feel like I am saying his name wrong >.<  
The L Guild Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items