Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Tibetian Revolt & Olympic torch relay discussion thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should Tibet be separated from China?
  Yes
  No
View Results

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:26 pm
Controversial topic, this one...

Mostly, though, people who call themselves humanitarians and like to make a scene by yapping about stuff they know nothing about should get ******** by that three-headed dog in HP.

On the other hand, communist policies has always being a problem... stare  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:38 pm
the Anti-CNN has already started.

Anti CNN  

Etaf Evael

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:52 am
'elfy - Yeah, I think the "why bother" thing is the only reason I'm not in the ED right now fighting it out.. and why I use kitty's account when I do XDDD;; pockybot is an idiot, full stop.

CBC - rofl @ Fluffy reference <3;; but China is.. not really communist, now, is it? P:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:20 pm
xu650863441

Anti CNN

That's an awesome site. Now I see the full truth of the media coverage at last. ROFL at all the Nepal police being presented as Chinese police. Do the media even know what Chinese police actually look like? rofl Practically the only true photograph there was the large amout of Chinese riot police barricading themselves against whatever the tibertans are going to throw at them.

CBC: China's government may still be communist in name, but the rest of the country resembles a capitalist paradise right now.  

Minielf

Cat-Whiskers

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:54 am
Hey CBC still has that cat pic in her sig eek  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:51 am
Cat-Whiskers
And you're still in a white outfit! surprised  

cold_blooded_chick

Etaf Evael

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:26 am
Minielf
xu650863441

Anti CNN

CBC: China's government may still be communist in name, but the rest of the country resembles a capitalist paradise right now.

And that's why Pelosi and her crew hate China.

Why they hate China, well, you have to hate someone.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:52 am
That is a very, very good article.

Niphz
Crew

Minielf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:27 pm
Bloody awesome, AAA+++, Noble prize winning article. Seriously, this is this the kind of mind that the US needs right now. Someone who can actually think rationally and not be swept up by the current crazed tide of Sinophobia, which seems to be at its highest level since the Tiananman Square massacres.

I look at the state of the US right now with a thought of pity and disgust. It's bogged down in two wars without end, is still vulnerable to another 9/11 attack, is in the beginnings of a protracted recession, and is trillions of dollars in debt. Plus, the entire political system is a shambles. If both the liberals and the neocons, which represent the two major blocs in American politics, are united over 'freeing' Tibet and hating China, then the US is doomed. None of the candidates for President, McCain, Obama or Clinton, will be able to take the country out of its current mess.

Compared to the US, China is in a much better position. The riots in Tibet have only served to distract the remarkable economic progress that is being made in the perparations for Beijing. I'm especially excited about Beijing Airport, now the world's largest, most advanced and busiest airport, which was built in the space of four years.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:31 pm
cold_blooded_chick
Cat-Whiskers
And you're still in a white outfit! surprised

Yes but I've gotten one extra cat! mrgreen  

Cat-Whiskers

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:17 am
Gees, that was along read, and very stirring. I don't know what the scene is like over in the U.S., but in Australia, at least in Sydney, everything is infinitely calmer. Anglo-Saxons are concerned, but they're not fat-heads that play politics based on "moral" grounds.

This all makes me sad.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:32 am
But Australia is a lot nearer to China, both politically and geographically, than America is; the politicians can't afford to be so idiotic, because the Chinese presence is that much closer to home.

Niphz
Crew

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:38 am
Niphz
But Australia is a lot nearer to China, both politically and geographically, than America is; the politicians can't afford to be so idiotic, because the Chinese presence is that much closer to home.
That is a very good point, there's a lot of trading of resources going on. But I hardly think America has any less trading with China, or any other country for that matter. Freaking everything's made in China right now. But my dad's saying that that's not going to last long, at the rate China's developing right now, labour's not going to be this cheap for long.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:42 am
Yeah, the "West" should bloody well enjoy it while they can, instead of bitching about it day and night. >__>;;

Also the guys in power in Australia seem to be more sensible than the outgoing Howard faction, right? They probably don't want to ruin that image, especially with so many Chinese people in Australia.. the US gov't just doesn't give a damn about its Asian citizens, is all.

Niphz
Crew

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:47 am
Yeah, the new guy, Kevin Rudd, or K. Rudd xd is the leader of the labour party. And I don't think this is going to turn out to be like Blair's labour party.  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff