Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pokémon Defenders

Back to Guilds

A Guild for all lovers of Pokémon! 

Tags: Pokemon, gaming 

Reply Pokémon Defenders
__[Hey PokéRPers! C'mere a sec. I need opinions.] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:05 pm
arrow J@son__Someone in the real world came up with the name "Pokémorph" years ago. That's what I meant if you were confused.

No, the Golemmorphs would be more practical then the Cleffamorphs. Maybe in our real world the latter would be better, but I doubt Team Rocket, with it's desire for brute strength, would want the weak baby Pokémon.

Just think about it; the experiments take on the physical and mental characteristics of the Pokémon they were infused with, so the Cleffamorphs would become timid and shy and run at the first sign of danger, not to mention be weak because they're a pre-evolution, whereas the Golemmorphs would become tough and fierce, with a high endurance and need for a fight.

So, to a group hellbent on world domination, which would seem like the better choice to make a super-army out of?

And how would changing times bring Magma and Aqua into the plot? How many times must I say that they are not involved with the Pokémorphs in any way, shape, or form? Besides, don't the games and anime imply that they stick mainly to Hoenn, and Team Rocket has its "fingers" everywhere?

As for the war, I think you're thinking of a full-out, World War I/II war. But that's not what it's like. Think... gang fights in L.A.

It's like that.

arrow Panda__No, no, calm down. xd It's not made yet. In fact.. I haven't even started and it STILL needs a name. *coughcough*

And yea. What Dorkuu said. But also, the humans' attitude towards Morphing and the Pokémorphs is MUCH like the rest of our world's attitude on cloning. They see it and the 'Morphs as unnatural (and in religious cases, unholy) and abominations against nature/god/whatever other deity they happen to worship, taking it upon themselves to exterminate the 'Morphs and thus, "do God's work".

Priestesses do the same thing. neutral A priestess is just a female.. uh.. priest. But like I said, I don't see why you couldn't do that. Who knows? Maybe your character could convert my Alexa and Dorkuu's Hoshi. xd

arrow Sui__Join! Join!
biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:25 pm
redface I really am shy when it comes to these sort of things....but I do want to join. Should I start developing my rp character? I guess I'm just paranoid that somehow it'll become a "god-modding" character....the last thing I want. >>;;  

Sui Kune

Moonlight Lunatic

10,100 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Panda.Ba

Aged Noob

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:20 pm
Okey, then I will I will think of a name and you will open site, yes? *is getting a tad obsessed and will begin creating character as soon as she gets on the computer* xd How about "Stars of Chaos" or "Morphs Almighty!" Duuuuude.

Oh. I thought you meant that priestesses were, like, actual servants of the PokeGods. You know, like the priestess would be able to see them and talk to them and actually go do their will. I guess more like angels than priestesses. I just get myself confused a lot. Anyway, would the Legendaries be like that? Going and doing the 'Gods wills? Or are they kinda on their own? Or does each PokeGod have a Legendary that is their servanty-thing? *is thinking too much again, and will get confused very soon*

I think I'll just stop now. whee And go create character. And maybe draw her! 3nodding I can't wait for my scanner to be re-hooked up so I can color my pictures on the computer again!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:15 pm
Sui__You can start developing your character anytime you want. This site's gonna take AGES to make. I mean, these are all things that have to be done before it can open:

Teh checkerzlist, yo
~Get a name
~Set up the boards (for now, one for each major city and town in Kanto as well as a few others)
~Make the descriptions for the said cities and towns
~Rejoin with Tripod
~Plan the site
~Verify the plots and ideas
~Find a picture to base the layout on
~Actually make the layout
~Get another Photobucket account to hold all the graphics
~Organize all the information here and incorporate it into the site
~Elaborate more on a few things (like UR'MA)
~Have Seth and Renée born atleast whee (right now, their parents only recently got engaged)
~Take a refresher course in HTML/Java/Javascript/ect
~Find the cheat code for site frames
~Find the cheat code for tables
~Think up and polish texts like the various histories
~Come up with some damned rules, minimums, and expectations
~Make banners to advertise the site
~Think up a short and long summary for the site
~Possibly create a timeline for easy viewing and understanding of the overall history
~Create a whole lotta NPCs to get a few RPs going and encourage joining and stuff of the like
~Create the biopages for the major characters
~Whip up some thumbnails for pictures so everyone can see what the major characters look like
~Brainstorm ideas for other "aims of the game"
~Compile a dictionary to define the unusual wording and other things like that to prevent confusion (like what "Morphed" means and how to read the brandings)
~Advertise like it's the end of the world
~And finally OPEN, out of all things

And that's just all I could think of right now. sweatdrop I'm sure there are more that I've just forgotten. What do you think, Dorkuu? Did I miss anything?

Panda__The legendaries are like demi-gods.
xd  

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

SilvernKnight

3,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:50 am
Alexa-sama
arrow J@son__Someone in the real world came up with the name "Pokémorph" years ago. That's what I meant if you were confused.

No, the Golemmorphs would be more practical then the Cleffamorphs. Maybe in our real world the latter would be better, but I doubt Team Rocket, with it's desire for brute strength, would want the weak baby Pokémon.

Just think about it; the experiments take on the physical and mental characteristics of the Pokémon they were infused with, so the Cleffamorphs would become timid and shy and run at the first sign of danger, not to mention be weak because they're a pre-evolution, whereas the Golemmorphs would become tough and fierce, with a high endurance and need for a fight.

So, to a group hellbent on world domination, which would seem like the better choice to make a super-army out of?

And how would changing times bring Magma and Aqua into the plot? How many times must I say that they are not involved with the Pokémorphs in any way, shape, or form? Besides, don't the games and anime imply that they stick mainly to Hoenn, and Team Rocket has its "fingers" everywhere?

As for the war, I think you're thinking of a full-out, World War I/II war. But that's not what it's like. Think... gang fights in L.A.

It's like that.

Fair enough. But I am pretty sure I did not mention those Magma and Aqua in my last post, and I never say about changing times, and I don't care much if they are in the plot or not. So... Don't say I said it. But nevermind...

Secondly, Pokemorph might be created by rockets and they would had made stronger monster. But why can't you give cute pokemon lover a chance by adding new story like the technology was stolen and praticed in secret or something.

Gang fight. Roger that. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:58 am
J@sonWind
Alexa-sama

It's like that.

Fair enough. But I am pretty sure I did not mention those Magma and Aqua in my last post, and I never say about changing times, and I don't care much if they are in the plot or not. So... Don't say I said it. But nevermind...

Secondly, Pokemorph might be created by rockets and they would had made stronger monster. But why can't you give cute pokemon lover a chance by adding new story like the technology was stolen and praticed in secret or something.

Gang fight. Roger that. 3nodding

I'm sure if you wanted to be a cute pokemon-morph, you could. When Team Rocket makes new technology, they would HAVE to choose a relatively harmless pokemon. What if the morph went out of control, insane from the injection of the DNA? They would have to experiment with cute pokemon first, just to make sure that the PokeMorphs would not go out of control and destroy the entire lab or something like that. So there wouldn't need to be another story.

If I'm gonna be a PokeMorph, I'm gonna be a cute pokemon-morph. Me luffs cute pokemon. 3nodding

Panda.Ba

Aged Noob

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:44 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:33 pm
I could help you with stuff! Where would you make the site? Depending on where, I might be able to help out more than others. But I know that I can:

Help out with the site.
Help you with ideas and plots.
Edit whatever you give me (for grammar and punctuation and stuff)
Find pictures.
*knows HTML and can make websites and stuff*
I know how to make iframes on regular websites, or do you mean the rp site?
I can make tables on a regular website too, but I dunno about on a rp site.
Make banners.
Can help with summaries.
Can help be an NPC if you want.
Can help draw...sorta. sweatdrop *isn't that good*
Can help with ideas...again. 3nodding
Can help advertise.
Can help OPEN. *tugs on a random set of doors* We'll get this damn thing open eventually! xd

See, I can help!

Panda.Ba

Aged Noob

Panda.Ba

Aged Noob

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:49 pm

And did you say you had some extra information on the whole PokeGods thing? I'd really like you to send me it. I wanna know!

Especially since I want to begin constructing my character. Okay, my idea is that my character was not very religious, but, after being experimented on by Team Rocket, she got a strong sense of faith in the PokeGods. ('Cuz you said that people who didn't have certain characteristics before got them when they were turned into Morphs. I thought that was a cool concept to use 3nodding )

Okay, so after finding her faith, she wants to become closer to the PokeGods, to find out what they truly want, because she doubts that the Gods would want the PokeMorphs to suffer as some humans say. (See, the different interpretations like Dorkus was talking about 3nodding )

So yeah. Does the PokeReligion have a holy book? Or a name? sweatdrop And what do you think is the most religious pokemon? Since this pokemon will give my character her faith, its important. Chimecho? I'm gonna have to look through the pokedex. To the PokeMobile, Boy Wonder! *Panda and Tropius jump into the PokeMobile and dash away* biggrin

-EDIT- I think Xatu is the best choice.

Quote:
XATU is known to stand motionless while staring at the sun all day long. Some people revere it as a mystical Pokémon out of their belief that XATU is in possession of the power to see into the future.

I'm going by the whole "revere it as a mystical Pokémon" thing. So, now to create my character.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:22 pm
CPanda

And did you say you had some extra information on the whole PokeGods thing? I'd really like you to send me it. I wanna know!

Especially since I want to begin constructing my character. Okay, my idea is that my character was not very religious, but, after being experimented on by Team Rocket, she got a strong sense of faith in the PokeGods. ('Cuz you said that people who didn't have certain characteristics before got them when they were turned into Morphs. I thought that was a cool concept to use 3nodding )

Okay, so after finding her faith, she wants to become closer to the PokeGods, to find out what they truly want, because she doubts that the Gods would want the PokeMorphs to suffer as some humans say. (See, the different interpretations like Dorkus was talking about 3nodding )

So yeah. Does the PokeReligion have a holy book? Or a name? sweatdrop And what do you think is the most religious pokemon? Since this pokemon will give my character her faith, its important. Chimecho? I'm gonna have to look through the pokedex. To the PokeMobile, Boy Wonder! *Panda and Tropius jump into the PokeMobile and dash away* biggrin

When I need help, I'll be sure to come to you. smile

And the info really isn't that much. I did a set of Gods and Goddess sometime ago, and this newer list is just an updated version of that. I have a lot of.. areas, so to speak, but only a few names and representing Pok�mon.
sweatdrop

The Pok�Gods and Goddesses

Happiness- ??? [will be female]
Love- ??? [will be female]
Life- ??? [will be female. And possibly Ninetales]
Death- ??? [will be male]
Sin- ??? [will be male]
Betrayal- Suunique (Sue∙kneek), female, Houndoom
Dreams- Syekae (Sigh∙kay), male, Hypno
Music- ???
Legends/Heros- Lontice (Lawn∙tiss), male, Dragonite
Knowledge- ???, female, Alakazam
Sun- Ezara (Eee∙zar∙ruh), female, Espeon
Moon- Zyiae (Ziye∙ehy), male, Umbreon
Stars/Heavens- ???
War- Daenoh (Day∙no), male, Arcanine
Peace- ???
Travel- ???
Imagination/Intuition- ??? [Will be female]
Harvest- ???
Royalty- Lacatara (Lah∙caw∙tah∙ruh), female, Delcatty

Yea... I still have a alot to go, but, then again, I really haven't had the time to brainstorm for ideas...

And no, it doesn't. It's like the Greek gods and goddess; the people didn't need a super old book telling them what happened and what to believe. As for a name.... not sure..
neutral  

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Sui Kune

Moonlight Lunatic

10,100 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:37 pm
I can also be of some help.....I know a good amount of HTML, can Photoshop decent-looking stuff (though you seem to Photoshop things very well!), can draw somewhat, and I can make tables layouts, though I need a mild refresher to do it right. I once had a site that I could show you what I could do, but it got hacked. >>;

I've been having some trouble finding a Pokemon that suits my character, though I've been throwing around the idea of either Vaporeon (though there's already a Vaporeonmorph) or Absol, though there are other possibilities. I've considered a Psychic-type (since this character is quite weak in body, having just barely survived the experimentation), but still unsure as to exactly what. I'll go through Pokemon UK's Pokedex to see which Pokemon suits my character.

And the Imagination/Intuition God sounds like it could be a Gardevoir.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:55 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Panda.Ba

Aged Noob

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:56 pm
Okey dokey! So my chara will quest for the truth about the PokeGods, and try to better understand their great wisdom.

Happiness could be Togetic or Chansey/Blissey. Death could be Duskull/Dusclops and Sin could be Shuppet/Banette. Love could be Jynx. Stars/Heavens could be Lunatone/the sun one that matches it. *forgot the name redface *

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Does that look good? I wanted to do a gaia avatar interpretation of Xatu on the Gaia Avatar Creator. That's me character, Einna Thesp. Which is the last five letters of my name backwards (annie=einna) and the first five letters of my name scrambled (steph=thesp). I luv my name. heart

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:57 pm
Post teh information!!! If I am to understand this stuff I MUST KNOW!!! Knowledge is power, MUAHAHAHA!!!!! *chokes* X_X  

Panda.Ba

Aged Noob

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:59 pm
CPanda
Okey dokey! So my chara will quest for the truth about the PokeGods, and try to better understand their great wisdom.

Happiness could be Togetic or Chansey/Blissey. Death could be Duskull/Dusclops and Sin could be Shuppet/Banette. Love could be Jynx. Stars/Heavens could be Lunatone/the sun one that matches it. *forgot the name redface *

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Does that look good? I wanted to do a gaia avatar interpretation of Xatu on the Gaia Avatar Creator. That's me character, Einna Thesp. Which is the last five letters of my name backwards (annie=einna) and the first five letters of my name scrambled (steph=thesp). I luv my name. heart

3nodding R0Xx0rz.

Just don't forget that the Pokémorphs also inherirt phsyical traits as well...

And bah. Fine. I really should be writing those essays for school but........... bah! *Goes off to type it*

Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff