Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lyndria

Back to Guilds

This Guild is dedicated to hardcore fantasy and sci-fi Roleplayers alike! Enjoy! 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Sci-fi, Literate 

Reply The Lyndrian Academy
Beasts of Lyndria Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:24 pm
{I'm hoping to revive this with a new teacher, since I've got a lot to do as it is. In the mean time, I'll continue playing that lovable crazyface you all know and love. xD}

With a grimace, she did not protest as Quork excused himself from her presence. Wonderful to have time to herself once again. Unfortunately, it was not to last. The delicate silence was shattered by a rap on the entryway. "Do not want," was her thoughtless reply, but she mustered up the will to bring her to the door and opened it. A shivering stranger stood before her. He looked all too near to collapsing. Then, another creature looked up at her with doe eyes. Oh, two additions in one, eh, she thought to herself. "Welcome, welcome, welcome," the catlike professor tilted her head and with a flourish, beckoned the two of them to enter. "Wonderful to have you!" You both look like you're ready to keel over and die.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:42 pm
Finally Erik thought to himself. "Hello. My name's Erik. And I'm here to learn a bit about whatever creepy crawly monster thingies roam Lyndria. I'm going to be doing a lot of traveling, and I need to know."  

Rachetgirl11
Vice Captain

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 8:10 pm
"Oh, hello there! I'm Fae. Nice to meet you, Erik," Fae greeted with a fantastic plastic grin carved into her tired face. "Well then, you've come to just the right place. Step into my office and we'll commence the learnin'." She motioned for him to enter and then sat down at her desk to shuffle through random parchment of no actual significance. "So you're an adventurer, then? An adrenaline junky or are you embarking on a perilous quest for the future of humanity?"

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:52 pm
The soft rasp of scales on stone introduces a third newcomer to the academy. He looks a bit worse for wear: a few scars mar the handsome pattern of his tail and decorate his dark chest, and his mail shirt looks recently repaired in places. He had been jumped by something he didn't recognize, not for the first time, and had finally admitted to himself that he probably wouldn't last much longer on his own without a bit more practical education. Fortunately, that last battle hadn't been a total loss. His pointed teeth show in an eerie smile as he remembers lifting his enemy's coin sack as he escaped. So now he was at a place capable of giving him the knowledge he needed, and had the means to pay for it. Excellent. Now just to find whoever was in charge. He peers into a room labeled "Beasts of Lyndria" just in time to see two figures heading for another, smaller room. Unused to the ways of civilization, he isn't really sure what they're doing, but decides not to announce himself yet. If they notice him, well then they noticed him, otherwise he'll spend time poking about in the areas of the room close to the door, looking for anything interesting, valuable, or edible. He probably won't actually take anything unless it's the last of the three: while he knows better than to steal from someplace he hopes to purchase a service from, he might not be able to stop his instincts if something tasty comes by. Their fault for leaving perfectly good food unattended.  

Horntastic

Dapper Phantom

Rachetgirl11
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 4:53 pm
Erik was a bit shocked about Fae suddenly guessing what he was doing. "Believe it or not, yes. I could be responsible for saving two worlds, if I'm successful." Erik had lowered his voice, mostly because he felt an ominous prescene behind the two of them.  
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:32 pm
Having failed to find anything remotely edible, Eren looks over to the two when he hears one of them drop his voice. Ooh. What were they talking about? He gives the trinket in his hand a halfhearted tongue flick before slowly sliding closer to them. He sloppily steals glances at them as he gets nearer, but tries to hide his interest by feigning interest in anything he comes across on the way.  

Horntastic

Dapper Phantom

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 12:22 am
"Mhm," she nodded and giggled at the youngster's reaction to her abilities. "I assure you, I'm not psychic. Just been doing this a while." She was admittedly oblivious to the sobriety of the student's claim.

"You all right," she took out a quest scroll and smoothed it out before turning a concerned eye to Erik. "Ya look like you just got licked by a gnome. ...And I see you there," Fae pointed dramatically to the odd little sneak creeping nearby.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:20 pm
Erik had turned to actually see the man who had tripped his sixth sense. "State your business, now, or else I'll chuck a Fireball at you."  

Rachetgirl11
Vice Captain

Horntastic

Dapper Phantom

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:25 pm
Eren freezes into reptilian stillness when the woman notices him. He isn't sure how to respond at first, people don't normally... point at him like that. His tongue flicks out on reflex, but as it turns out he doesn't have too try to hard to think about what to do next as the other man speaks. As soon as the threat is out of Erik's mouth, he earns Eren's undivided attention. His mail might be light and breathable unlike plate, but it didn't stop fire. A quiet hiss escapes his mouth as he opens it to speak.
"I seek knowledge, fool," he says, drawing out the s. The fear he's feeling from the threat doesn't show on his face, he knows better than to show weakness to a potential enemy. However, he's not stupid enough to leave himself undefended either: his long, muscular tail has wrapped itself around the leg of a table, and is tensed to throw it between the two of them to protect from fireballs in case he needed to make a hasty retreat.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:26 pm
Erik was not the fool this boy believed him to be. Erik knew the best way to come out on top in a one-on-one conflict was to counter every blow your opponent threw. And to do that, one had to know in advance his opponent's moves. I see the tail, fool. If you throw a desk up to block my fireball, a quick 'repulse' spell should send it right back at you...yeah...
"You think me a fool? I ask you, who is the fool? The one who can see you coming from a mile away, or one who tried sneaking up on a dead man?"  

Rachetgirl11
Vice Captain

Horntastic

Dapper Phantom

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:48 pm
"You are a fool for reacting so quickly with violence. Do you threaten retribution upon everyone who has the misfortune of standing behind you?" Eren spits. His syllables, particularly his s-es are distorted, tangled on his anger and serpentine tongue. "I will laugh on the day when you threaten someone stronger than yourself and less forgiving than I."
Despite his fury at being so mistreated, he knows he has little chance in a direct confrontation with a fire magic user: his magic, while powerful, is slow, and is not useful when he is ambushed. He does not dare release his hold on the table, as it is the only thing that could possibly protect him at the moment, and he knows not of the other's full abilities. The claws on his bracers remain in the unarmed position: their spring action is fast if he needs them, and he does not want to appear threatening. In his agitation, he has failed to analyze the exact wording of Erik's sentence, and misses the comment about dead men.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:16 am
"Whoa, whoa, whoa," Fae scrambled out of her seat at the elevating levels of stress in their voices. It was the learned instinct of any educator. "What's going on here, kids--people--Lyndrians?" She cleared her throat, "If either of you takes a step--makes a move toward the other, you're going in the dungeons. Understand?"

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

[Z_]
Vice Captain

Aged Noob

8,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:53 pm
"Meow, meow, you're both equally foolish," Miles remarked, removing his right boot and emptying it of sand. He placed a sack on the table before him, replacing his boot on his foot and leaning back in his chair. "I'm ready for my next assignment, teacher," He grinned, removing the hood from his head.  
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 11:07 pm
"I... don't even know what to do with you," Fae said with a sigh. "Just go converse with the sphinx. And take a partner. Safety in numbers, et cetera, et cetera."

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Rachetgirl11
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 4:43 pm
To the careless observer, Erik relaxed. Internally, Erik was still ready for battle. "I apologize. But when someone sneaks up behind me, they usually want to put a knife between my shoulder blades. Forgive me, but my life is one big war, and Fate is a fickle b***h."  
The Lyndrian Academy

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff