Welcome to Gaia! ::

Neon Love

Back to Guilds

A place to hangout and be yourself among friends who Love you. 

Tags: Friendship, Love, Activities, Craziness, Anime 

Reply Neon Love's Gang
I feel like I don't know some of you. (Moved...) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

Dangerous Conversationalist

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:26 pm
Basically the same thing I do every day... stay inside and watch TV and do different things on the computer... maybe get in my car and buy something.

... I'm not exactly the most outgoing person in the world, mostly due to being rather shy in social situations, because I don't know what to do in most social situations... and bcause of that, I don't really go out and learn how to be sociable like most other people do, so it kind of never gets solved. Although, to be fair, I've gotten somewhat better at it because of Gaia.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:18 pm
cool it's great sorry I got off so quick stupid storm decided to cut off the electricity  

loopylupe
Crew

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:10 pm
ChainsawDooM
Basically the same thing I do every day... stay inside and watch TV and do different things on the computer... maybe get in my car and buy something.

... I'm not exactly the most outgoing person in the world, mostly due to being rather shy in social situations, due to not knowing what to do in most social situations... and bcause of that, I don't really go out and learn how to be sociable like most other people do, so it kind of never gets solved. Although, to be fair, I've gotten somewhat better at it because of Gaia.

Well, I must say....Gaia....looks mighty good on you!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:50 pm
I agree too  

loopylupe
Crew

Gweener

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:35 am
Oh, oh!
*jumps up and down*
What's your favorite flavor of bubble gum?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:12 am
I really like Cotton Candy Bubble Gum.  

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:07 pm
... My favorite flavor of bubble gum is probably bubble gum flavored bubble gum... I swear. The pink stuff.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:37 am
Uhm, uhm... Your favourite movie? xd  

PieMonster2000
Crew

Hilarious Phantom

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:52 am
What would you consider to be your most favorite awesome weapon ever made?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:16 am
PieMonster2000
Uhm, uhm... Your favourite movie? xd

Monty Python and the Holy Grail, hands down.  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:43 am
LittleTnCo

A difficult question, since you have range and the type of enemy your going after to consider (generally speaking, human or not human). I also have to consider the weapon that has the greatest track record of all time, and pretty much made the territories of every single ancient kingdom... By which I mean the bow and arrow. Although... the bow and arrow isn't my favorite weapon.

As far as overall goes, the Indian katar is my favorite weapon of all time (but not for the undead...). The assassins guise has a type of katar as one of its poses. Katars were created by the Indians during the Crusades and holy wars, when, not only did they have to fight the armored crusaders of Europe, but the barbarians of Asia. They are almost always wielded in pairs. I have no idea why the hell you'd only want one, because some types can defend as well as a shield against melee attacks.

Here's a image of a basic katar. Some katars can have multiple blades, or split blades. This is just a basic, single-bladed katar with a basic handle and minimal wrist guards.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

As you can see, you hold the katar in your fist. Generally, to attack, you use stabbing attacks (probably the most deadly types of attacks, other than slashing major arteries. Probably moreso, because an enemy is more likely to counter-attack after getting an artery slashed then getting stabbed in the torso). However, it's really, really easy to attack with a katar. It's pretty much just like a punch... which means katars are wickedly fast and deadly, as well as easy to use. Slashing is pretty simple too... but the real damage comes with the stabs. Since most katars are longer than 6 inches, you're pretty much going to destroy several internal organs in a single hit.

If you look at those side guards that run down the sides, you can see that it's even easier than you might think to defend with, too. I personally like katars that have the entire wrist enclosed in metal, since they offer superb guarding ability. In fact, I wouldn't consider a katar without it one of my favorites.

My favorite type of katar is sometimes called an armor piercing katar. Basically, you have either several blades that are on top of eachother so they appear to be just one blade, or a blade that's hollow like a sheath that holds several smaller blades. These blades are spring loaded, and can be flicked open violently, usually by some variation of squeezing the handle. As most of you probably know, the only ways to defeat a foe in heavy armor are to either attack through unprotected or less protected areas of the armor (usually the joints), break through the armor or deal trauma via concussion with a heavy weapon (claymores, maces, flails, etc.), or pierce it with a stab (or arrow). Although pretty much every katar is armor piercing, these types are incredibly devastating. With an armor piercing katar, you stab into an enemy (armored or not) and trigger the opening mechanism. The multiple blades then split inside of your enemy, instantly eviscerating them internally... at which point they are pretty much not going to fight anymore... ever.

So... My favorite would be an armor piercing katar - the type with several blades on top of eachother since I think the hollow one wouldn't pierce as well - with a full wrist guard.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:05 am
However, my favorite close-range weapon for zombies is a 1918 WWI trench knife, as I'm sure you've heard me talk about before. Either that or a crowbar.

My favorite mid-ranged weapon for people is the flamethrower... since it really doesn't matter how much body armor you have, you're going to get owned with a flamethrower.

As far as thrown goes, I personally like WWII German stick grenades (or Stielhandgranate), because, in all honesty, they were better balanced, could be aimed better, thrown farther, wouldn't roll downhill, could be hung on fences to make a trap, carry more explosive, and even have further explosives wrapped around the tip. The only reason we have round ones is because of baseball, and the only reason nobody uses stick grenades now is because they remind us of Nazis.

I honestly don't know much about guns, so I'm not going to say anything.

For animals, range is what you want, so if you're going melee, you probably want a spear (cavemen got it right...). Spears are fast and can stab quickly, as well as sweep and slash. A spear would be good against humans if it weren't so damned easy to parry, and then break the shaft. Animals can't parry... so it's great against them. However, to be honest, barbed spears are bad. Very, very bad... unless you want to throw it. Barbs make things stick into targets, which is meant to have the animal bleed to death, a very stupid concept if you're hunting something big (I'm thinking, like a bear). You're going to stab it, and it's going to yank the spear out of your hand, maul you in the face, leave your corpse, walk around for a bit, and eventually bleed to death... You can see how useful that is (not...). However, I don't even like throwing spears... because they leave you without a weapon... which is really bad if you either miss... or are fighting something big... like a bear. You want a smooth-bladed spear, with a fairly long tip.

And as far as blowing s**t up goes, you can't go wrong with an old fashioned thermonuclear bomb to the face... which, to be honest, actually is as American as apple pie.
Very radioactive apple pie.

Neutron bombs (a type of tactical nuke) are cool, too. They don't really go boom. They just release a crap-load of radiation in a short burst, killing all organic matter in a certain radius, but leaving many more buildings (except where the bomb crashed into them... and exploded at about 1/10th yield of a nuke of the same power) completely intact.  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:52 am
ChainsawDooM
LittleTnCo

One picture and a giant wall of text about katars

Oh my; that is a most awesome weapon! It is well crafted. I like the look of it. Maybe the "hint" of Green has something to do with it. stressed  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:50 pm
LittleTnCo
I really like Cotton Candy Bubble Gum.

Mmmmm, that sounds really yummy!
And there's nothing wrong with the traditional bubble gum flavor.
Personally, I love Spearmint.

Gweener

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:09 am
LittleTnCo
ChainsawDooM
LittleTnCo

One picture and a giant wall of text about katars

Oh my; that is a most awesome weapon! It is well crafted. I like the look of it. Maybe the "hint" of Green has something to do with it. stressed

You have no idea how happy I was when they decided to put a type of katar in the assassin's guise. They've been my favorite since I learned about them about... oh, say 5 years or so ago.  
Neon Love's Gang

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff