Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Where is Capcom taking this? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Resident Evil is
  Going down the toilet quickly, but the classics are still just that: Classic.
  Getting better and better with every game.
View Results

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:13 am
I did pay attention... >.> I'm just missing the point...  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:54 am
In the last video it discussed the two final bosses for each character. I believe it was with the Golgotha creature *SPOILER*

The face on its tail in its final form: Super Golgotha EX, it says and shows a closeup of a face on the tail. This face is speculated to be either "Wesker or Nicolas" So on the off chance that Wesker was planned to appear in RE1.5, that would hint to why he reappeared in Veronica instead and then why they retconned his death. If he was originally to appear as a huge horrible mutating abomination, then they are using Sergei as a catalyst story wise, showing Wesker's eventual fate.  

Vinessa_Valentine

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:59 am
Yes, that's true. But later on in the interview, he said "We stood in utter shock and realized... this wasn't Resident Evil. And we started over"

Wanna bet he doesn't work for Capcom anymore?  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 2:03 am
Well, that's very different. Back then Wesker was thought to be dead. So if they were to bring him back in any manner, it wouldn't matter. They would've done whatever they wanted with him.

Now, they brought him back as a superpowerful, iconic villain. And if they were to make him transform into a monster, it would totally change who the character is.

Not only that, all we knew was that Wesker was planned to play some part in the game, and that... Part of him was on the monster, I guess? Which could mean anything. I mean, look at NYX, it absorbs other things into itself, so for all we knew, that creature absorbed Wesker as well.

And I'll tell you what... He felt that this game wasn't Resident Evil. But I bet it's a HELL of a lot more 'Resident Evil' than RE4 OR Umbrella Chronicles.

Also, we don't bother with spoiler alerts in this guild so you can actually say what you wanna say. Especially for games that never actually got released.  

Biohazard EXTREME

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:50 am
Oh I have no doubts that it's more 'Resident Evil' than 4. As for UC, I can't really say. I haven't played it for myself.  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:45 pm
REaceofclubs
Oh I have no doubts that it's more 'Resident Evil' than 4. As for UC, I can't really say. I haven't played it for myself.
I don't have the money curently to get the game... so I'll just check Gamefaqs and Youtube for info on Sergei.  

Vinessa_Valentine

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:51 pm
He wasn't even a likable character. Even if his transformation didn't look like something out of Onimusha... Capcom tried to introduce a new character as if he was there all along, in the Mansion, in the training facility, in Raccoon City during the outbreak... They could've at least made him a good character. He was boring, I found, and had no appeal to him whatsoever.  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:52 pm
Not to mention that it was another White-Haired Russian Villain.

Or the fact that he had long white hair. Sephiroth much? rolleyes  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:52 pm
Like I said. Capcom is really straddling the line between Science Fiction and Fantasy.  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:10 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Like I said. Capcom is really straddling the line between Science Fiction and Fantasy.
What all did he fight with? With a name like Sergei, I think of Chief Mendez.  

Vinessa_Valentine

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:02 pm
Sergei was a villain. He didn't fight anything. You fight against him as Wesker.
Then there's a file written by Wesker, where he says, "If the result of the transformation reflects on the host's personality, what does that mean for me?"
Along those lines.  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 12:54 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Sergei was a villain. He didn't fight anything. You fight against him as Wesker.
Then there's a file written by Wesker, where he says, "If the result of the transformation reflects on the host's personality, what does that mean for me?"
Along those lines.
Well... if Sergei had a boring personality, then that justifies his lame-a** transformation. So, since Wesker is a calm and collected guy, he could simply have a few minor skin blemishes, but ultimately have no transformation aside from aesthetic appearances. But what I meant was, what does he utilize in the fights against him?  

Vinessa_Valentine

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 1:22 am
Umm... Eggs with worms in them, he throws them at you, and his two arms combine into one tentacle like thing, with spikes.

Well, it's not like Capcom MEANT to make him a boring character, they just can't write good characters anymore, it seems. I mean, Salazar was lame, Saddler was lame, Ashley was lame...

I'm pretty sure that Capcom thinks that Sergei is the coolest thing since shades on a bad guy.
And if they plan to transform Wesker, I'm pretty sure it'll be into something 4 times his size, something grotesque and stupid looking.  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:00 am
And when that happens, we're turning this guild into a "Resident Evil: Classics" guild.

You know, barring some mutany from Beta.  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 9:23 am
NotteRequiem
And when that happens, we're turning this guild into a "Resident Evil: Classics" guild.

You know, barring some mutany from Beta.

I support this idea.
Hm. It wouldn't be terrible if Wesker just had some crazy mutation, but if CAPCOM does it, then you know they're going to be ridiculous with it.

Introducing a character that has been around all along can be done. It's never done well, but it's possible. From what I've read sounds like our beloved CAPCOM chose the worst possible way to make this guy important. Was he really supposed to be present at the mansion? Cause That's just stupid.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff