65+
View Results

The Day Brightener

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:07 pm
I'm 14. Lol, I guess I'm a yungin' ;D heart  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:26 pm
Thirteen days from now, I'll be 15. yaaay. ^^

I might get a sewing machine...hmmmmm.

Well I could careless if some were to give me a stereotypical impression. Besides, by the end of my sewing project, I've got something to show to them. :"D
Usually, they'd react with, "whoa, that's pretty nifty...not bad". XDD But I guess it'd be awkward to start sewing during lunch in high school.

If it's so awkward to ask a teacher if I could bring a sewing kit to school during class, what more to actually sew during lunch. But I don't care, it's what I like and if I want to make something during school, I will.

Jazminny

Acrasia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:44 pm
Is it sad that I actually had to think for a while before I remembered my age?
I'm 21 years old and I have been doing arts and crafts since before I can remember. Arts were the one thing I could do that other kids couldn't. I suck at most ' flat ' arts now and I haven't been able to do the 3D arts for a while since I have been moving around for the past year and it's kinda hard to keep everything organized. I'm looking into starting some more sculpture soon and I'm also thinking about making cute felt things :]
I wish to start casting rings and doing some settings for them but my Dad has to teach me and he's rather busy right now. I'm also thinking of doing some post secondary education in crafting.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:20 pm
I'm 18 <3
I've been into clay since freshman year
into crafts since I was a kid  

pokeymom

Elizabeth_Elf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:29 am
I just turned fifteen. I can't really pinpoint the time my arts and crafts turned into serious crafting. I've always been crafting in some form or another, whether it be in (extremely) amateur sculpting or silversmithing or just about anything else. I think the turning point was about first grade, when my mom taught me how to sew.

Do I ever face prejudice? Never at school. Every one of our sports teams suck, and the artists, theater geeks, and musicians rule the school. It's not unusual to see someone practicing clarinet in the lunchroom, or covered in paint or clay or some other random substance. Otherwise, not really. Anytime someone starts giving me a hard time, a lecture on what else pliers can be used for usually straightens them out. wink

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:51 am
I'm 16 ^^

I've been into craft since I was a kid. I've been sculpting since I was a kid too, but i was crap at it biggrin  

GweNdZ

1,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250

Spork_The_Cat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:02 pm
I'm 23. I've been interested in fine art and in crafts for as long as I can remember. I started working with metal to make jewelry a couple of years ago. And I just started knitting a few months ago.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:16 am
I'm 19, 20 in another couple of months here...

Been into working with plastic models for, oh, about 4-5 years now. Prior to that, minor flashes of creativity, usually involving Legos or something like that.

As for stereotypes, well, there's definitely a 'geek' label attached to working with models. Particularly the gritty sci-fi models I tend to build. However, I've never gotten any trouble over it...partially because I'm a 6', 290-lb offensive lineman and thus generally not to be messed with, but also because I find there's sort of a universal appreciation for levels of artistic ability beyond one's own. People who can paint, sculpt, play guitar or sing better than most tend to get respect for it, as people seem to recognize they themselves would never have the interest, discipline, what have you to develop that level of skill. It's kind of cool to hear, actually.  

loyalist42

Countess Erzebeth Bathory

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:42 pm
I'm 20 and I've always been creative and stuff but I just discovered polymer clay a year ago.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:26 pm
._. i feel little. Im 13. i have been crafting forever.  

Neon Ponii

ladyjewell

6,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:00 pm
I'm 39 and I've been crafting off and on since I was 4 or 5, with help from my mom during the early years. smile She has since given up on crafting, but she still has, and uses, one of my thrown pottery bowls from my senior year in high school. Also had one of my watercolors from then framed and on the wall. Which says something when I think of how bare her walls actually are...

I do: I am learning:kumihimo wood working
origami paper beads and scrollwork
crochet knitting
bead weaving lap loom weaving
jewelry making viking wire work
calligraphy
scroll illumination (water color, inks, guache, and gold and silver embossing)

And when i win the lottery, I play to pick up the stuff to learn glass making and PMC (precious metal clay). lol xd  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:19 pm
Nineteen years young.  

Aijou Tsunami

Fashionable Capitalist

5,950 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

tsunamineko

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:03 am
I'm 21 and I started making things out of clay when I was still a toddler. I made fruity Christmas tree ornaments then painted them, and fired them by throwing them where the flame was in the gas furnace. Now I love pottery/ceramics, metal/stone jewelry making, drawing, and painting.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:39 am
link77345
crud, i feel tiny compared to you guys. im honestly only 13. ive been doing origami since the end of fourth grade and ive been drawing for, well, most of my life.

I know! being on here makes you feel really young XP I'm only 13 this year...

EDIT: I already said me age... opps...  

Neon Ponii

Space Kiwi

Desirable Genius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:28 am
I'll be 15 in 15 days! XD

I can't even remember when I started. I always was making something weird and trying something out to create when I was a little kid.

The first major thing I started was when I was about 8. I made colorful knitted bracelets for all the girls at my school.

Everyone thought it was really cool then, so I've never really had to face any teasing on old granny knitting ^^
And even now, not many people know that I knit//sew//craft random stuff out of clay. Unless someone asks me where I got my scarf, and I tell them I made it, they aren't gonna know XD

Sculpted - art + craft guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff