Well... I 'unno... [Other] :/
40%
 40%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 30

Colette Brunel the Chosen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:30 am
Silent-Kaoru
I wish Pokemon were real. x]

Who doesn't? I'd catch a pretty Latias and own everybody with it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:46 am
I luv how u thought through the concept of it all. It seems very do-able in a few years. though the cost could be insane, as mentioned earlier... Still, we can dream for now. Great job on the details tho. Sriously  

J of The Wind

Shirtless Phantom

9,975 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:38 am
it'd be cool, but at the rte of inflation and the cost for such technology would be too much for the rest of us.

but i would prefer this style over VR, though i'm sure VR will end up cheaper and easier to program.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:22 pm
Orphie
That would be ******** awesome. It would be better with real Pokemon, though. xD

lol, yeah, get some scientists to cross breed species. but back on topic, instead of holograms, glasses that show the pokemon on the glasses, because hologeams, yeah with current technology, holograms can olny be stationary.  

Thee exile

Dark Super Sonic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:16 pm
Yu-Gi-Oh, anyone?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:44 pm
YESH!! that would be awsomeness! especially if you can get your pokemon from other games into the hardware! 3nodding  

derty laundry

derty laundry

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:46 pm
Colette Brunel the Chosen
Silent-Kaoru
I wish Pokemon were real. x]

Who doesn't? I'd catch a pretty Latias and own everybody with it.
that WOULD be awsome X3  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:33 pm
GuruGuru214
Dracofiremage
Couldn't you also have a screen across a pair of glasses attatched to your mike to make it a little more visual?

How about something like the Aura Searcher from XD? Maybe the Snag Machine design could be implemented into the system somehow as well. Perhaps by the time the hologram technology advances far enough for this, some sort of technology may be available to make the Poke Ball return to the Snag Machine on your arm when you're done. By that point, the CPU might even be small enough to fit inside that whole headset/arm assembly somewhere.

But where are you going to have room to hold battles? A park or something? And in winter, it'd be even harder. And assuming we're talking actual size, imagine if someone were to summon a Wailord.

But yeah, continuing the Yu-Gi-Oh parallel, I imagine we'd start out with something similar to the table-type Dueling Fields used in Duelist Kingdom. Once the technology was available, we'd probably see a few places pop up in the bigger cities, like New York (maybe Seattle due to its close proximity to NOA headquarters in Redmond), then as it became cheaper (as all technology does eventually), we'd see them become more common, like arcades (or maybe laser tag would be a closer comparison?). As technology advanced enough to create the portable system (akin to the Duel Disk), I imagine the portable system would be expensive, and a select few would own it, while the arcades continued to draw in money, until eventually the portable system becomes cheaper as well.

But now I'm probably thinking up this version of the future in far too much detail.

well i dont know, thats kinda what i was thinking  

Dracofiremage

System C O R R U P T

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:04 am
I suppose it would be cool
But I would keep a menu visible, so you can look at your move set and summary and pokemon and stats and what-not
Maybe some sort of hand-held screen or maybe even a holographic interface
Of course, you can toggle this interface on or off in case you want to just play talking through it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:05 pm
Sounds pretty awesome mrgreen (Except for the costs stare ).

But how 'bout instead of having to listen to all of that data from the headset, you can just have a little pokedex-esque monitor with you for displaying your pokemon, summaries, move sets, etc.?

I think that would be a little more efficient.  

sirius825

Clydsdale_Trainee

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:14 pm
sounds cool and maybe you should have like this screen that onbly you can see thats like all those touch screen thingys  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:20 pm
Clydsdale_Trainee
sounds cool and maybe you should have like this screen that onbly you can see thats like all those touch screen thingys

Necrofail  

WylrPnufh

4,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Shiori Hanamaru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:15 pm
I once played a Tekken game at an arcade where opponents would stand in a ring and their characters would perform the moves they did on the screen. I think holographs are a bit far-fetched, but something like that, you'd be able to throw a Pokeball (probably better not to actually throw it) and issue voice or gesture oriented commands.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff