PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:50 am
I can't wait for Sims 3 to come out. I'm such a nerd. xd  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 4:22 pm
There's a Sims THREE?!  

Professor Inky
Captain

Zombie Mark

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:05 pm
I heard about it, but know nothing about it. The only time I played Sims 2 was on the PS2, and it's not really a good console game.  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 4:40 pm
No, it didn't take to port well. It's good on PC, though. ZM, would be you interested in taking part in the RP? We're trying to expand it, and since you're active now I'd like you to consider the idea.  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Flatterer 200

Zombie Mark

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:40 pm
Never tried doing an RP. We're trying to put one together in my other guild, even thought about do it, but I'm nit sure how to do any RPs.  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:39 pm
If you lurk a bit and check out the RP thread in Andor, I'm sure you will pick it up quickly. That is, if you like writing and all that. I really enjoy it and my literary skills are not near as great as Fubar and Matrim's.  

Professor Inky
Captain

Zombie Mark

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:32 pm
I'll check it out. I do like to write, as I have five short (one no longer so short) stories in the Gaia Arena. My problem is that my grammar really sucks. And think God for spellcheckers.  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:28 pm
We are understanding folk and we know that nobody's perfect. I make grammatical errors all the time. Just be sure to run your RP profile past Fubar or myself before you jump in buddy biggrin  

Professor Inky
Captain

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:36 pm
Yep, that's the main rule. Although I do suggest staying out of Andor at the moment, we're a full party. If you want an evil one, Baelorn has one character in it, then the Borderlands party has three semi-evil people. And we have a member with two profiles that go together waiting to RP with someone.

You have lots of options. And there's no pressure to be constantly on, as long as you don't disappear for weeks on end.  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:13 pm
Been working a lot lately, but I will check it out. I love developing characters more then anything, creating a backstorys and all that. I love having full control of my stories though and not sure how I will do in an RP.  

Zombie Mark

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 7:02 pm
I'm like that too. There's ways to work around it, if you get someone you can RP with properly and plan out what you both want to do.  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:55 pm
That's cool. I read the first three pages from the Andor RP yesterday. It seemed pretty good, excellent story line. I want to read the rest too now.  

Zombie Mark

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:20 am
Yeah. And sorry, Andor's the stupid country - that subforum is able to be RPed in. I meant Giang, the thread, was the one full. And Nordasc just ignore, it's pretty much dead. We have to go clean it up. sweatdrop

And thanks! The Giang thread was the first RP we started here.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:34 pm
Ok, here's a rant about a game I heard about earlier today. It's called "Rendition: Guantanamo. Here's a link to watch the video.

Now, I'll sound very hypercritical to say I like games like GTA, Halo, and Wolfenstine 3D, but hate the concept of this game. The point of the game is your a prisoner in Guantanamo Bay and your to kill the prison gaurds (who do you think guards the prison there) to escape. Now, I know it depends on your world view, but I know several people in the US Military and this concept just ticks me off.

I like GTA and games like Call of Duty because they focus more on the Nazis or corrupt people as the villeins. I'm sorry, but if you help kill millions of innocent people who has done nothing to you, like strap a bomb onto a child or throw hundred of people into a giant oven, then your not a good person.

Now, I know that America has not always been the "Good" guy and has a lot of faults (games like GTA and Bully bring that out), but we are a good country. This game really does nothing but stir that hatred for my country up by demonizing America. They do make first person shooters that go against the Taliban and other "Terrorist" organizations. I know people who have seen first hand what groups like that are and what their willing to do. I have a friend that just got out of the Marines, and he has told me some stories that are hard to take. That's why I don't mind games like those. GTA is harder to justify, but it shows some Americans like they truly are, but again, only the corrupt ones.

The thing about this game that really bugs me is that its based mostly on lies. Sure, there will always be stories of innocent people sent to prison, but to go to Gitmo, you had to be proven to be a terrorist. The guy who wrote the storyline for the game was held in Guantanamo Bay and admitted during and afterward that he was a part of a terrorist network. And again, I'm sorry, but being forced to listen to 48 hours of Brittney Spears music or water boarding is not torture.

When I think of torture, I think of bamboo shoots under the fingernails, I think of the old equipment like The Rack, I think of the James Bond movie where the suspect is bitten/stung lethal and painful poison, then the antidote it administered, and the process repeated over and over till the suspect brakes. That is true torture, not withholding their prayer rugs so they can't pray to a god they think tells them to kill children or stripping them down and making them do what every collage fraternity does.

Again, I'm not saying America has always been, or always be, a good country. But we do stand up for certain things we believe in. And we should stand up and defend the men and women who serve our country. We asked them to help make this world a better place (agree with the war in Iraq or not) and that's what they've done.

I think I'm starting to get off topic here. I just trying to show why I don't like this game. I didn't mean to take it this far but it just get's me mad. These guards in this game could be one of my friends in the military that's done nothing more then serve their country when the country asked them too. The same could be said for the Nazis but that's a different matter for a different time.

What do you think? Am I being Hypercritical or does this game sound bad from the get go?  

Zombie Mark

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:13 am
I have to say, I've never heard of the game and I can see why. I'm actually shocked they're making something like this. I do agree with you, it sounds like a bad game on many levels and most likely isn't going to do well anyway.  
Chatterbox

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff