Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
If Haruka and Michiru were not lesbians. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you prefer it if Haruka and Michiru were lesbians or not?
Not
19%
 19%  [ 8 ]
Stay lesbian
75%
 75%  [ 31 ]
Become bisexual
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 41

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:30 pm
princessmoon747
u guys really take all of this in consideration! im so impressed! im the type who goes along with everything the author says and just "goes with the flow". >< i should learn from u guys! XD

I usually don't go with the flow if something feels utterly wrong to me and if I have evidence and a conviction of how I feel. Usually I would go with the author if it is presented well enough.

Authors like Rowlings and that lady that wrote the Wolf Series, I will never just 'go along ' with when they give me what is suppose to be 'romance' or 'the perfect couple'. I'd fight it tooth and nail to get my point across.

With Sailor Moon, since I've read the original set of translated manga, I don't have one fight about it. It was presented in a way that I understand and nothing came out of the blue.

Mamoru and Usagi get together. That's fine. There is evidence that supports that couple very well. Even without the past life and the future child, the comic could hold up as to why they get along so well. The past lives and the future stuff is a bonus.

The Anime could support it too. He doesn't just "Oh because he found out she was Sailor Moon he gets with her." because in the same breathe he was also kidnapped and taken away. So he -couldn't- have gotten with her. And in the first part of the R season it was USAGI(Serena) that put the effort in trying to re-establish that relationship when she didn't have to. He was already liking her that way too. The second half was to reinforce what we already knew. Mamoru would do -anything- to keep her safe even if it hurts them both.
We, the audience, might find that stupid but that's because we're more or less the omni-presence to them. We see all sides of the deal but they-the characters- do not. Then take the cultural bit into account and well, there you have it.

The reason I'm not for Seiya/Usagi couple is because for me, there's not enough evidence to support -why- they should be together. Yes it can be argued that Seiya has a crush or a 'love' for Usagi. Fine and dandy. But, Seiya hasn't been through all the things Mamoru had to do to stay with Usagi. Mamoru himself does not have divided loyalties. Seiya would.

The age old argument against Usagi and Seiya couple would be that Seiya's a woman. Which is true too. But it isn't a valid argument piece.

*ahem.* In this long winded post it just means, you don't always have to go with what's written in fandom. I've done it several times myself. It's all in the matter of opinion. My opinion ultimately is that I would prefer Haruka and Michiru to stay as they are as a couple because they're already shown and developed that way since 1993. It's the year 2008. I think in that time period nothing would ever change about those two until the story itself is lost for all time. (Not in our life times.)  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:01 pm
I'm sorry but they are a part and if you tear the up or just not make them what they really are the show really wouldn't be all that intersting anymore now would it?  

Princess Bee-otch

Why_newton

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:40 pm
I can't see them any other way of who they are. I just can't. o.o  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:59 pm
Rei Torano
videogames4all
Rei Torano
videogames4all
Rei Torano
I'd personally keep them as they are. Nothing wrong with the straight crowd, but honestly, it would be -boring-. Also it doesn't explain -anything- other then Michiru likes to flirt.

Haruka would -always- be a lesbian anyway.

So, really it works out with Michiru being a bisexaul and Haruka a lesbian.

If you noticed who they flirt with it's easy to see that it's just a little fun teasing and flexing the charms. I mean what teenager hasn't tried flirting in one way or another?

But what is clear: They're pretty much in love with each other. They're close to fanatical in their devotion to the Moon Kingdom/ their princess.

If they were not together it would be quite weird unless you had a time machine from way back when to make it even thinkable.

Personally, I'd see Michiru with Mamoru and Haruka with Makoto. That's just from the evidence I see of how everyone admires them. Had I a personal choice in how things would work out, Michiru and Haruka would also be with Pluto. But that's just my opinion.

So...I usually avoid all stories and plotlines that have them straight because it never feels right to do that to them. Quite heartbreaking really.

But again, the evidence you have for Michiru doesn't work. As she is flirty with -everyone- just like Haruka. It's also been proven from the dub of SuperS Movie that she and Haruka are also involved if you can read between the lines of Neptune's comment about "there are some things that only Adult's can do." and Uranus blushes.

Another bit would also be the Love contest they entered. I don't know about you, but even siblings aren't that close.
So in other words, and in short, no. (onions in the peas!) WHAT THE HELL!!!

What's with the caps? Just because you don't like homosexuals, you shouldn't be surprised how many support it. Sorry it bothers you and as someone quoted before: Love is Love. As long as it's appropriately shown and consensual why should it be a problem?

Okay, 1. The caps was (a). part of a line from The Simpsons, (b). Homosexuals are practically going against God. 2. Love is for 1 man and 1 woman. 3. Stayin' Alive (Bee Gees). 4. The hell with California and Massachusetts (except Boston). 5. Don't Mess With Texas.

1. They're Japanese. They don't necessarily have to believe in the monotheist. In truth, most of them are Shinto. Therefore renders the whole "God" thing null and void. The Author like any Author likes Symbolism.

2. As much as you have a right to say that, I have equal rights to oppose you. Not picking a fight, but honestly when you make threads like these you cannot expect no one else to go against your ideals. I expect it. I'm not trying to change your mind either. And another things- God also said it's fine to sell your daughters into slavery or marry them off to their rapist if they're raped by that person.
But you don't see it happening either. And yes, I CAN find that quote. But I don't want to spark a debate about religious matters-again.

3: I don't care about the Bee Gees. So the reference is lost to me.

4. Well to heck with Texas so what? What does -that- have to do with the price of milk in India? Yeah so it's legal there? Don't care has nothing to do with the conversation at hand of Haruka or Michiru. They're lesbians. Siren and Lead Crow are also quite close like that too in the Anime. So what of it?

5. What does Texas have to with Sailor Moon? Nothing. You've only made a point about how close minded you are about the topic. Love is for everyone. I have never heard it ever uttered in the bible that no one could love because of gender. You're explicitly talking about -sex-. There's a difference between the two. Sex is two bodies mushed together for gratification. Whether the partners are in love or not makes no difference.

Love is an emotion. It is not restricted by gender or age or race or nationality. It is an emotion not consciously dictated by the brain. While sex is. You can say yes or no to it. You can do anything you please with that but Love is something that cannot be physically expressed to the full meaning of the word.

What some of us are saying is Michiru and Haruka are in love with each other. It goes beyond the physical and is more emotional and spiritual that if one goes the other one cannot live without.

It's been shown again and again. In the Super season when they are looking for the pure Heart crystals. Michiru sacrificed herself for Haruka. No matter how injured she was.

Haruka then 'died' there after.

In the Stars season they -both- read each other perfectly without even saying a word and switched sides. When eventually they were defeated by Galaxia they have that moment where they both died together.

I don't know about you, but it resembles the same actions as Tuxedo Mask and Sailor Moon when they're together.

It's the same thing. 'course, like I said before, I'm not trying to change your mind, but I am just handing you the facts of the matter.
Okay, you didn't want a damn fight, you got yourself a war. I WAS CONCEIVED IN TEXAS!!! I HATE THE FACT THAT I WAS BORN IN CALIFORNIA, DAMN USAF. 1. You forgot The Simpsons, and God rules. 2. See above. 3. That was just random, cut 3 out. 4. Texas RULES! If you hate Texas, you can just GO TO HELL! 5. DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS DAMMIT! 6. You mixed stuff up.  

videogames4all

videogames4all

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:02 pm
Princess Setsuko
I'm sorry but they are a part and if you tear the up or just not make them what they really are the show really wouldn't be all that intersting anymore now would it?
Or would it?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:06 pm
princessmoon747
u guys really take all of this in consideration! im so impressed! im the type who goes along with everything the author says and just "goes with the flow". >< i should learn from u guys! XD
Well, I'm a man (the MAN that created this topic) that stands for Freedom of Speech. That is why I quote this line from Independence Day (ID4): We will not go quietly into the night! Today, we declare our Independence Day!  

videogames4all

-Sailor Spira-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:16 pm
Well i've just got to say Rei Torano, I respect and admire everything you've said in this thread. I beleive that love is love, no matter what. I do however understand that some people find it to be against what they believe to be the word of their god, and I respect that. I respect everyones views and opions but do not like it when others try to impose their views on me. videogames4all, you knew when you created this thread that people would oppose your view and everyone has done that in a non offensive way. I do not think Rei is trying to fight with you, just inform you that there are other widely held views out there. Not everyone has the same religious beleifs as you do, as she pointed out, Japan has a completly different culture to Texas. Also not everything in the bible is interpreted literally and/or inforced, this is a fact and not an attack on your faith.

What i'm trying to say is, No one is trying to pick a fight with you or offend you, just express their opion as you have expressed yours.

I do hope that one day you change your mind on the subject.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:41 pm
-Sailor Spira-
Well i've just got to say Rei Torano, I respect and admire everything you've said in this thread. I beleive that love is love, no matter what. I do however understand that some people find it to be against what they believe to be the word of their god, and I respect that. I respect everyones views and opions but do not like it when others try to impose their views on me. videogames4all, you knew when you created this thread that people would oppose your view and everyone has done that in a non offensive way. I do not think Rei is trying to fight with you, just inform you that there are other widely held views out there. Not everyone has the same religious beleifs as you do, as she pointed out, Japan has a completly different culture to Texas. Also not everything in the bible is interpreted literally and/or inforced, this is a fact and not an attack on your faith.

What i'm trying to say is, No one is trying to pick a fight with you or offend you, just express their opion as you have expressed yours.

I do hope that one day you change your mind on the subject.
Yes, I knew that. But somehow, people pissed me off. Besides, this is a growing thread.  

videogames4all

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:24 pm
You will have to learn that tolerance is what is preached MOST in the Bible by your God. No, by the people that WROTE the bible in the name of that God. You are to love your neighbor, you are suppose to be benevolent in your causes.

Intolerance and ignorance breeds hatred. To just keep the thread here because you like fights, does not bode well for this guild and it will result in this thread being locked because it'll cause too many fights.

It's been acknowledged that you are where you stand. We are where we stand. To push the issue of Religion, Gibberish that goes along with it, is not what this guild is for.

You aren't even on the topic anymore. I will notify Onyx of this because at this point it's not a debate because you're not debating the issues.

Texas, your birth, where you were conceived, has absolutely nothing to do with Sailor Moon.

Has nothing to do with Haruka and Michiru being a couple or not.

The only thing you've said concerning that is that you don't like the fact their lesbians. That was it.

You're not asking "Well why do you like so and so" or even, "Why do you think it's this way and not that." anymore. You're flat out letting your emotions take over sensibilities. You aren't making a -good- case for yourself at all. Nor are you making said religion very attractive. I'm with Spira on this. I've met some very nice people that are devout to their religions and are very patriotic to where they're from.

But, they do not shove it in my face and expect me to take it.

So, I must insist you stop being random and intolerant and understand you're suppose to debate the evidence that is -given- to support your claims. Instead of yelling random things and repeating the same one word defense that could be written off.

I do not care what your gender is. We have someone already on staff that is also male and of the same faith but he has not let it rule his cloud his judgment.

Freedom of Speech is the First Amendment of the Constitution that states:

Quote:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

What you're talking about is the second part which is Freedom of Press. Which is what -this is-.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:27 pm
Rei Torano
You will have to learn that tolerance is what is preached MOST in the Bible by your God. No, by the people that WROTE the bible in the name of that God. You are to love your neighbor, you are suppose to be benevolent in your causes.

Intolerance and ignorance breeds hatred. To just keep the thread here because you like fights, does not bode well for this guild and it will result in this thread being locked because it'll cause too many fights.

It's been acknowledged that you are where you stand. We are where we stand. To push the issue of Religion, Gibberish that goes along with it, is not what this guild is for.

You aren't even on the topic anymore. I will notify Onyx of this because at this point it's not a debate because you're not debating the issues.

Texas, your birth, where you were conceived, has absolutely nothing to do with Sailor Moon.

Has nothing to do with Haruka and Michiru being a couple or not.

The only thing you've said concerning that is that you don't like the fact their lesbians. That was it.

You're not asking "Well why do you like so and so" or even, "Why do you think it's this way and not that." anymore. You're flat out letting your emotions take over sensibilities. You aren't making a -good- case for yourself at all. Nor are you making said religion very attractive. I'm with Spira on this. I've met some very nice people that are devout to their religions and are very patriotic to where they're from.

But, they do not shove it in my face and expect me to take it.

So, I must insist you stop being random and intolerant and understand you're suppose to debate the evidence that is -given- to support your claims. Instead of yelling random things and repeating the same one word defense that could be written off.

I do not care what your gender is. We have someone already on staff that is also male and of the same faith but he has not let it rule his cloud his judgment.

Freedom of Speech is the First Amendment of the Constitution that states:

Quote:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

What you're talking about is the second part which is Freedom of Press. Which is what -this is-.

I understand what you're saying about being off topic, lets just PM each other about this, okay. Now (Texas rules!!!), back on topic, wait, do you prefer the Japanese names, or the U.s.a. dubbed names?  

videogames4all

Fishy_2010

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:31 pm
Someone may have mentioned this already but, they were only lovers in the Japanese version. In America they were changed to cousins. Also in the manga i've been told Haruka was a guy or switched between genders, i don't remember which now...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:23 am
Fishy_2010
Someone may have mentioned this already but, they were only lovers in the Japanese version. In America they were changed to cousins. Also in the manga i've been told Haruka was a guy or switched between genders, i don't remember which now...

I beleive that the author stated that Haruka has always been a woman and she and Michiru ARE lovers, true they were dubbed as cousins but the Japanese is the orginal version and what I beleive is the correct version. But I have the rumour that Haruka was once a man, so I know you have probably heard it somewhere, but i'm pretty sure it is NOT true. Hope that helps.  

Mad_Moosehead

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:54 am
Mad_Moosehead
Fishy_2010

I beleive that the author stated that Haruka has always been a woman and she and Michiru ARE lovers, true they were dubbed as cousins but the Japanese is the orginal version and what I beleive is the correct version. But I have the rumour that Haruka was once a man, so I know you have probably heard it somewhere, but i'm pretty sure it is NOT true. Hope that helps.

You're correct Mad. I think it steems from the images in the manga and the words that Neptune said as well that may have confused people.

Haruka has been, and always will be female. The quote that I mentioned was when Neptune was telling them that Haruka has the *qualities* of both a man and a woman. It doesn't mean she's a hermaphrodite, or that she was male. (S.O.S began the rumors of a 'Prince' Uranus to explain their relation ship. Obviously that is utter rubbish.).

What Neptune means is, Haruka's is just as masculine as she is feminine.

Basic lingo: You that Tomboy girl that could pass for a really really cute boy but put her in a dress and she's a lovely lady as they come? That's Haruka. Can hang with the guys and still be a lady. ;3  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:34 am
Egads, I leave for a weak and we have a civil war over homosexuality?

I do however want to say one thing on the subject of tolerance. Tolerance is a flawed concept. To tolerate something doesn't mean you still can't hate it. It just means you'll live with it. That does nothing but breed a deeper hate. Intolerance is open hate, tolerance is deceitful hate.

And for the record, religions are all open to interpretation. Where one sees gays are bad in the bible, some may see rape is bad.

Now as I believe I have said before on the main subject I couldn't see them not being together. Hotaru would probably be lost by the time Stars rolled around because they ended up caring for her after Super S.

And yes, even in the manga, Haruka was always a girl. Her being so masculine and a lesbian gave the other sailor scouts the wrong impression when they first met. But even in the manga they played it for a while as though she were a man until the time time it was revealed(duh).  

Ryuondo

Fishy_2010

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:19 pm
Oh sorry, then. Apparently my source wasn't as reliable as i thought.
Either way (no offense) i see them the same way as they were portrayed in the American version because that's what i've seen.  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff