Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)
Dangerous Practises Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Khafre Giza

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:40 am
Ok, my tale is from a noob account of my own. I dont know much about this magik(?) or spells, or wiccan anything...Im a medium/exorcist and I know from experience how dangerous things can be. A week ago, my crew were at a location, called Acid Wall, and one of them offered t use a quiji board, I told her how dangerous they were and she reacted, "how do u know? you've never done it." I told her that everyday I'm tormented by demons that have made my house their home all because of a one-time quiji experiment. Im not trying to say "don't experiment with them", I'm just saying to use caution and be prepared for the results.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:23 am
Nothing bad can or has happened to me in my stead, doing the Great Work.

The most dangerous practices that I have participated in...
1) Being a Mr. Dark in my very, very early teenage years;
2) Not checking sources/checking FOR sources;
3) Taking in what a book or people say as fact, such as, as outlined in the OP, "DON'T MESS WITH OUIJA BOARDS!"

Deconstructing my ego has been a rather shifty task, but what I have forged myself into is stronger than I have ever been before. It could have been disastrous, but it's led me to a good point right now.  

Nattfodd

Khafre Giza

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:31 am
Nattfodd

Deconstructing my ego has been a rather shifty task, but what I have forged myself into is stronger than I have ever been before. It could have been disastrous, but it's led me to a good point right now.

Wat do u mean by this? how did this all happen?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:21 pm
My experience was not directly mine, but I was closely involved.

I met an older couple, and they were the first people I met that were actually serious practitioners. I chatted with the man every day, since he was online a lot, and I had never had anyone to really talk to before. In the course of our talking, he revealed to me that when he was a teen, he had gotten into some very bad things. He never went into specifics, but did tell me that it involved some not-so-nice contracts with nasty things. Because of this, he was constantly plagued by bad spirits. After a while, he grew resentful of them, and wanted to leave, and break the contract. After a particularly nasty encounter, he was struck with an illness of some type that requires daily medication.

He was trying to recover from those days, and live a better life. The nasty things were constantly bothering him, trying to get him to come back to them. He joined a grove with two experienced elders, who make a point of placing wards around each of their members. Because of their strength, the man was finally shielded from the things, but they were still always watching and waiting for him.

He was very nice to me, and introduced me to the elders of his grove. I was accepted by them, and became a member of the grove. Over the next couple of weeks, however, there was a lot of tension between the man and another member of the grove. The man got into a huge fight with the elders about it, and he ended up leaving the grove, and refused to speak to any members of it, including me, who he had introduced to the grove and had just joined it!

That was not the last I heard of him though. I was told later on by one of the elders that, after he quit, since he was no longer a member of the grove, the elders removed their wards from him and his home. For the first time the spirits that wanted him had an opening, and they attacked him! (I wasn't given the details of the attack, however.) The reason they knew this was because, after he had recovered a bit from the attack, he contacted the elders and started to blame them, saying that they had been the ones that sent the spirits.

I have not seen or heard or spoken with that man since.  

Magus Initi

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:08 pm
Khafre Giza
Nattfodd

I imagine he's referring to the somewhat lofty task of dissembling your identity, or something similar - in terms of chaos magick, the idea is that by eliminating what you think you are, you can be whatever you want to be; by applying the knowledge of "nothing is true, everything is permitted", you can classify and compartmentalise your present identity, remove wants, desires, fears, beliefs and so on, and replace them with something wholy more useful. Identity-surgery, to me, seems more dangerous than most of the stuff people profess to be so in the occult, for the simple reason that it seems really easy to mess up somewhere, ******** up your thinking patterns, and by the end of it you're a full-blown sociopath, but hey - let those who dare, do so.

However, that's just my understanding of the topic. He could be referring to something much different. Those Thelemites are ********' craaazy, man.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:38 pm
Mitsh
Khafre Giza
Nattfodd

I imagine he's referring to the somewhat lofty task of dissembling your identity, or something similar - in terms of chaos magick, the idea is that by eliminating what you think you are, you can be whatever you want to be; by applying the knowledge of "nothing is true, everything is permitted", you can classify and compartmentalise your present identity, remove wants, desires, fears, beliefs and so on, and replace them with something wholy more useful. Identity-surgery, to me, seems more dangerous than most of the stuff people profess to be so in the occult, for the simple reason that it seems really easy to mess up somewhere, ******** up your thinking patterns, and by the end of it you're a full-blown sociopath, but hey - let those who dare, do so.

However, that's just my understanding of the topic. He could be referring to something much different. Those Thelemites are ********' craaazy, man.

You're quite on-point. Everyone has a number of things they hate about themselves and love about themselves. I only modified myself to the extent of accomplishing one goal -- to be a successful musician, with stage presence, with confidence, and with business practicality.

Still, even doing so, I can see the potential for disaster with this type of stuff. Learning this type of modification also teaches you how you influence other people -- and coupled with the philosophy that morality is bullshit, you can breed a purely manipulative person. Or, you know, a person who no longer functions because they have modified themselves beyond the borders of modern societal thought and activity.

Everything in moderation!  

Nattfodd

Khafre Giza

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:54 am
I see, I have always thought of my persuasion talents as a "godly" gift, but more often in time, I have used it to influence other people in their own thoughts to think wat I want them to think. Only rarely does it give my returning gifts like those.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:55 am
If you really want to know mine PM me. It's very long and very private.
(A.K.A inexperienced.)  

Koigokoro Konjou

BenjaminDaniel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:04 pm
Nattfodd
Mitsh
Khafre Giza
Nattfodd

You're quite on-point. Everyone has a number of things they hate about themselves and love about themselves. I only modified myself to the extent of accomplishing one goal -- to be a successful musician, with stage presence, with confidence, and with business practicality.

Still, even doing so, I can see the potential for disaster with this type of stuff. Learning this type of modification also teaches you how you influence other people -- and coupled with the philosophy that morality is bullshit, you can breed a purely manipulative person. Or, you know, a person who no longer functions because they have modified themselves beyond the borders of modern societal thought and activity.

I think I ran across some Thelemites on the web calling themselves schizophrenics of some kind, heh. I can see why those who haven't tried to experience ego death would look at it as a personality disorder. At least we're not zombies like the Scientologists.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:23 pm
BenjaminDaniel
Nattfodd
Mitsh
Khafre Giza
Nattfodd

I think I ran across some Thelemites on the web calling themselves schizophrenics of some kind, heh. I can see why those who haven't tried to experience ego death would look at it as a personality disorder. At least we're not zombies like the Scientologists.

Religions aren't bad until you use them to brainwash after all. That's why I left Catholicism. (Now I'm not saying all Catholics are bad, but combine Catholicism with the Malayalee culture I come from, and the egotism of those who happen to go be related to me...and it's time to start anew on the divine mysteries.)

And yes, we Thelemites are crazy. But at least we admit it and accept ourselves.

Ouija boards can be troublesome if misused (before Thelema, I did dabble around a bit), but that being said...have you tried banishing or exorcising the spirits? Contrary to popular belief, you CAN do this, no matter how difficult the task; remember, it's YOUR domicile, establish that fact.  

Jokoria17

5,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Jokoria17

5,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:28 pm
Mitsh
We've all heard the warnings - "Don't mess around with the Goetia!", "Use Ouija Boards with caution!", "Don't invoke what you can't banish!" and so on. Often when these warnings are challenged, we rarely get concrete descriptions of what could happen, and very occasionally do we get specific (anecdotal or otherwise) accounts of the misfortune of people who didn't heed the warnings.

So, my query is: what are the worst experience you've had with different magickal practises? Have you experienced frightening phenonema? How much danger are we really in when we dabble in the more nefarious side of the occult? Do you have any stories to back up all the hazard-signs we're thrown when we talk about "black magick"? Share your stories, opinions, articles, and so on.

Before I embraced Thelema, I dabbled with generic pagan magick. Once I learned this "spell" for opening portals to banish and invoke forces. Oh lord, something nasty came out that night because I suddenly saw this BLOB with an eye, I heard evil laughter (classic cackling), and I felt very dizzy. Drinking water to clear my head and performing the LBRP (the first ritual I ever learned) did the trick to stop my little intruder.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:14 pm
Arcanist Angus
biojerk
Well, once we had a demon contact us. And we got rid of it pretty easily, but it was still pretty scary at first.

Her name was "Bane" and we didn't even know that was a word until we looked it up. It means "torment, or torture." Which is pretty weird. And she kept cussing us out when we asked her nicely to leave first. Then we said,"Well then I will have to force you." and she through a fit, and called us so many names it was insane. Our bodies got cold, but after the spell was over--everything stopped all the sudden.

I was unaware that demons had a sex. Aren't the seraphim and demons, well...unable to reproduce in any way? Then again they could be hermaphrodites...

There have been a couple noted cases of spiritual rape during extremely violent hauntings.
When it all boils down, since nonphysical beings don't have organs, it's all about appearance (shaping the energy). So in theory, a "demon" or any kind of spirit could appear to be one gender, no gender, or some mutation of the previously mentioned.

I have a very specific set of morals. I am a force for what can be called "Good" but I will use "negatively"* (not to be confused with Evil, although they aren't mutually exclusive) charged energy to bring about my goals. I will also use positively* charged energy to ******** someone up if I feel the circumstances call for it (* = or vice versa). I am not bound by the usual morals of Wicca or (some) Neopagan beliefs, I tend to lean more towards the (what I call) Warrior aspect of things; I'll help, even if I have to harm to do it.
As for any sort of magical "backlash", I've never experienced the whole "law of three" power or retribution. I mean, I live a good and privileged life (IE, "average American"), sure, that can be seen as a spiritual "reward" but I was born into it, and it is maintained by the cunning of myself and my family.
The "scariest" thing that has happened to me- aside from a couple of intruding spirits now and again- was that I accidentally summoned a (completely fictional) demon out of an MTG card. ( my "Theory of Advanced Thoughtforms" was the inspiration for even trying something so ridiculous. I was amazed that it worked ) But I was able to put that beastie down in a matter of minutes.

I retract that. I just remembered a time when I was doing a tarot reading for one of my best clients, she asked me about a "haunting" in her cousins house. There was a (disease) spirit in the house who named himself "HaHa", as I was doing the reading, HaHa somehow broke a portal through my tarot cards. I was pissed and very intent on banishing his a** three ways from Sunday the next day... Only I got terribly sick just long enough for my family's plans to move across country to kick in. (I did eventually bind/banish him, though they had a priest come into the house a while after and do a blessing, I had done my spells with mostly negative energy, so when the priest cleared it all out- HaHa returned. No news since, but I did try to do another bind/banishing once I heared.)

Saeiane Kveldulfr

Oborosen

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:54 pm
My Worst experience with magic, was my second attempt with blood magic.
I needed five other sect member's for the task and 23oz or white sand. Candles of deer wax(which is fat) if some of you are wondering.
(Oh and I will not list all materials for this Binding)

The spell is used to blood bind individuals, example being two lovers. Which is true love if you ask me.
Unfortunately, the protection circle was not fully complete or someone disturbed the sand.

The end result was we had to end the binding abruptly and my left hand began to generate wounds, then started bleeding profusely.

I don't know if anyone here knows a druid, but they are a life saver.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:51 pm
This is something I read in either one of Silver RavenWolf's books or one of Raymond Buckland's book (probably his book on spiritual summoning). There was a coven who forgot to banish the southern watchtower at the end of their ritual and the same day there was a serious fire in the south of their covendome. I've never had any firsthand experience of something I summoned going south.

However, when I was in the desert of northern nevada years ago, I encountered creatures I call "nature demons". They were incoporal annimal like beings of negative energy. I was able to sense them from a distance and they freaked the hell out of me, the kind of unnerving fear that makes you look over your shoulders and run away. I don't know if they were naturally pressent creatures or the result of an incorrectly banished being. They never followed me home however and the one time one got to close I was able to send it away with a good deal of concentrated will.

I do have an example of a spell gone wrong though. I used an instant karama spell against my brother. The spell worked, not as well as it could have but nicely enough, but it worked only after I paid my karamatic debit in full with added interest. I don't mess around with that kind of stuff anymore.  

J. Dragonhater

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:47 am
i was going through the Goetia, recording the Demon Lords for use in a D&D setting i have been working on for 10 years.... when i got to the section on Astaroth, i felt compelled to read it. i was very intrigued by what i read.

Astaroth was apparrently one who knew Occult secrets, and could be summoned to tell these secrets to you. it said he even knew the secrets to the Truth of the Universe...

problem was, i didn't like the actual rituals in the Lemegeton, nor the attitude used in any summoning spells i knew of which could possibly summon this being. so, i started asking around for ways to summon Astaroth politely and to confront him as a respected equal. i also did some research on him, turns out he's associated with the planet Venus, and the Sumerian goddess Innana (Ishtar to the Akkadians and Syrians).

now, i didn't get around to summoning Astaroth, however a friend of mine discovered that she had a PDF file of the Necronomicon 2nd edition by Simon. that book was one i had been obsessed with for years, and which somehow was able to elude me even when i had two friends in town, who i see practically every weekend, who both have copies. it will all make sense in a minute.

i read up to past the Testimony of the Mad Arab, and some of the information after it. it was quite chilling. there was a note that the editors put in, explaining that during the time between the translation and the publication of the book, they tried performing banishings from within the book itself, from gnostic rituals, hermetic rituals, wiccan rituals, pagan rituals and christian rituals. none of them worked. this was the section where the would explain what happened instead, and then list the banishing spells, however, it cut off. there was an error on that page of the file.

i spoke spells of binding in the Sumerian language, which the pronunciation for but not the translation is given in the book. it felt very wrong to speak those words, but unfortunately i can't explain that to you in any meaningful way.

i read about the Stairway of the Zonai, and how to ascend it slowly by initiating oneself before the gods one by one. and i also read of certain side-initiations that only brave and devoted followers can take, or those who have been especially chosen by Innana. the men she chooses for this particular path can never take a wife.

it is only that i had fallen in love with Shandrel, the one woman ever who i would place above the aquisition of Occult knowledge in importance, that i could have the book. only to realize that it as because before then i was resigned and had nothing to lose (read: nothing to give). now that i had a woman i would marry, i was forced to choose between this gift that Mother brought me, or this knowledge that another goddess was tempting me with.

i know it all sounds like a movie plot, but it is true. and as cheesy as it will sound, i felt honestly as though my soul were being played tug'o'war on.  
The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games