Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Mid Autumn Festival! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tokioka

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:45 pm

Minielf
Ah well, Mid Autumn festivsal isn't really that big. Here in Australia there were hardly any major celebrations around the city. Probably for those who live in China there might have been more celebrations.

In any case, the spring festival is the big one.

Where I live there was nothing going on. My bro and I just lit our lanterns and walked round the neighbourhood at night, while people eyed us suspiciously from their windows. My dad said that in vietnam mooncake day was really special - everyone'd be out on the streets and celebrating with lanterns, food and fireworks. I guess this sort of culture is just one of the things we western chinese will just never get to experience.

@ yalie: Who cares about the paper, baby!? I'm gonna burn it all! twisted
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:26 pm

Lol, burn paper burn!! xd

Minielf

yalie5

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:07 am

Tokioka
Minielf
Ah well, Mid Autumn festivsal isn't really that big. Here in Australia there were hardly any major celebrations around the city. Probably for those who live in China there might have been more celebrations.

Where I live there was nothing going on. My bro and I just lit our lanterns and walked round the neighbourhood at night, while people eyed us suspiciously from their windows. My dad said that in vietnam mooncake day was really special - everyone'd be out on the streets and celebrating with lanterns, food and fireworks. I guess this sort of culture is just one of the things we western chinese will just never get to experience.

@ yalie: Who cares about the paper, baby!? I'm gonna burn it all! twisted

i didn't even know there was a mid autumn festival until it was over. we didn't even celebrate. and save the paper!! save the trees!!! *sets tokioka and minielf on fire.* and who are you calling a baby? o.0
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:16 am

Wha I'm burning, I'm burning!!!! scream scream scream
*jumps into a river to douse it off*

Minielf

True.Mendacity

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:57 pm

Minielf

Lol. Here is Seattle and down in California, there are SO many celebrations. It's like Chinatown Central!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:58 pm

Mid Autum Festival... What is that?......

我开玩笑 smile

wukung

Hayashi Jun rolled 2 6-sided dice: 6, 3 Total: 9 (2-12)

Hayashi Jun

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:33 pm

anyone eat alot of moon cakes?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:02 pm

wukung
Mid Autum Festival... What is that?......

我开玩笑 smile

Lol, I deciphered what you said. rofl

Minielf

XShadowMistressX

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:18 pm

I had Moon cakes...but they weren't the traditional kind.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:58 am

sasa_powa_4eva
Moon Light Ninja
sasa_powa_4eva
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival!

Euh... I dunno about you, but personally, I dont like mooncakes!
sweatdrop

Yeah me too...
I don't even know what's the Mid-Autumn Festival... sweatdrop

Hum... are you Chinese? Mid-Autumn festival (also called the Full Moon festival) is a Chinese tradition. During this day, (Which is today) everyone play with light paper llantern and eat mooncakes at the same time than admiring the full moon of the night.

I'm not a pure Chinese... Only a little bit. I maybe not know what was that festival but I still know some other ones. biggrin

Rebirth Project

Minielf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:50 pm

Moon Light Ninja
sasa_powa_4eva
Moon Light Ninja
sasa_powa_4eva
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival!

Euh... I dunno about you, but personally, I dont like mooncakes!
sweatdrop

Yeah me too...
I don't even know what's the Mid-Autumn Festival... sweatdrop

Hum... are you Chinese? Mid-Autumn festival (also called the Full Moon festival) is a Chinese tradition. During this day, (Which is today) everyone play with light paper llantern and eat mooncakes at the same time than admiring the full moon of the night.

I'm not a pure Chinese... Only a little bit. I maybe not know what was that festival but I still know some other ones. biggrin

Only a bit? Are you mostly Asian then? Or do you have some white blood in you? blaugh Most Asian countries celebrate Mid Autumn Festival as its the second biggest festival short of the Spring Festival.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:05 am

i don't like moon cakes and there were no lanterns... sucks being so far down south.

yalie5

Tokioka

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:00 pm

yalie5
i don't like moon cakes and there were no lanterns... sucks being so far down south.

You can say that again, baby. wink

@ Minielf: "Or do you have some white blood in you? blaugh " Oh minielf, when do you stop!? smile White blood? a classic. biggrin
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:50 am

Tokioka
yalie5

@ Minielf: "Or do you have some white blood in you? blaugh " Oh minielf, when do you stop!? smile White blood? a classic. biggrin

wtf with you tokioka... weirdo... just went like a complete personality change. anyways of course everyone has white blood. it's how we fight of disease and viruses!! didn't you learn anything in biology rolleyes

yalie5

Tokioka

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:33 pm

yalie5
Tokioka
yalie5

wtf with you tokioka... weirdo... just went like a complete personality change. anyways of course everyone has white blood. it's how we fight of disease and viruses!! didn't you learn anything in biology rolleyes

What are you on about? stare Personality change? I'm always like this! And we don't have white blood, but white blood cells, ya can't forget the word 'cells' y'know. Also, when I was talking about 'white blood', I was obviously commenting on how Minielf had phrased whether this person had caucasian blood in them. Tsk, tsk... rolleyes
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff