Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lillyblossom19

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:59 pm
`Kel`
Geograce
Quote:
I've actually cried over breaking an oboe reed. But I cant imagine what would happen if I dropped my oboe.

Ha yeah once right before a concert some jerk who was in the band just so he didn't have to do anything else (you know the type... ) broke my reed when I put in the case when going to the bathroom. I was never so mad at someone. Anyway yeah...

I would have MADE him pay me for it. Its like he broke a part of your oboe, literally. I cant even begin to imagine how mad I would be. It would be a scary place for anyone else in the room at the time.

What does he play? Maybe you can break something of his, or put a dent in it at least. I would have.

Wow.... I would have been pissed beyond all reason. Right before a concert too. People don't realize what it takes to come up with a good oboe reed.

grrr..... I feel your pain.

O my god I know it's been a while now but I still shake in anger thinking about it. I mean, does anyone realize what happens when you don't have a good reed! NO! They just think your bad. Not only that, but I hate some people who dont' get it. Like one of my friends can be awesome and can be a totall a** whole (you know the type) and whenever during rehearsal I go this reed sucks he sais "o sure, blame it on the reed." You know what...SCREW YOU!!! Sorry, yeah anyway the kid who broke my reed played the baritone but I think he quit. I want to do evil things to him... twisted

Like today for example I have 2 really good reeds right now. My main and my back up im using. I dont like to practice with the best one all the time so I dont wear it out before the concert you know. So I go to practice on the back up. This particular one was one of those that need some cork grease or something because theyre hard to pull out of the oboe.

Anyways I go to take the reed out of my oboe, I pull really hard to get it out and I accidently smash it against the desk I was sitting next to.

I was like -------------> eek

So now I need to come up with a new back up reed like NOW. And that doesnt happen so easily or quickly. I had been slowly perfecting that reed for 2 months little by little, and it was gone in like 2 seconds.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Somedays I wonder what possesed me to play the oboe. I just want to pull my hair out.

At least you can replace reeds quickly. Violin strings are just a pain to replace. expeculay the e string because its so thin. I hate it the string breaks. Exspecualy if I'm playing at a rehearsal. Its a pain to play on only three strings.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:10 pm
lillyblossom19
`Kel`
Geograce
Quote:
I've actually cried over breaking an oboe reed. But I cant imagine what would happen if I dropped my oboe.

Ha yeah once right before a concert some jerk who was in the band just so he didn't have to do anything else (you know the type... ) broke my reed when I put in the case when going to the bathroom. I was never so mad at someone. Anyway yeah...

I would have MADE him pay me for it. Its like he broke a part of your oboe, literally. I cant even begin to imagine how mad I would be. It would be a scary place for anyone else in the room at the time.

What does he play? Maybe you can break something of his, or put a dent in it at least. I would have.

Wow.... I would have been pissed beyond all reason. Right before a concert too. People don't realize what it takes to come up with a good oboe reed.

grrr..... I feel your pain.

O my god I know it's been a while now but I still shake in anger thinking about it. I mean, does anyone realize what happens when you don't have a good reed! NO! They just think your bad. Not only that, but I hate some people who dont' get it. Like one of my friends can be awesome and can be a totall a** whole (you know the type) and whenever during rehearsal I go this reed sucks he sais "o sure, blame it on the reed." You know what...SCREW YOU!!! Sorry, yeah anyway the kid who broke my reed played the baritone but I think he quit. I want to do evil things to him... twisted

Like today for example I have 2 really good reeds right now. My main and my back up im using. I dont like to practice with the best one all the time so I dont wear it out before the concert you know. So I go to practice on the back up. This particular one was one of those that need some cork grease or something because theyre hard to pull out of the oboe.

Anyways I go to take the reed out of my oboe, I pull really hard to get it out and I accidently smash it against the desk I was sitting next to.

I was like -------------> eek

So now I need to come up with a new back up reed like NOW. And that doesnt happen so easily or quickly. I had been slowly perfecting that reed for 2 months little by little, and it was gone in like 2 seconds.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Somedays I wonder what possesed me to play the oboe. I just want to pull my hair out.

At least you can replace reeds quickly. Violin strings are just a pain to replace. expeculay the e string because its so thin. I hate it the string breaks. Exspecualy if I'm playing at a rehearsal. Its a pain to play on only three strings.

You cant replace reeds quickly. It takes FOREVER to get a reed that works good. If I were to go buy a reed right now, It would take days and days before it plays nicely. IF it even plays at all, there a 50-50 chance they will never work and their non-refundable. I would have to alter it by scraping it to make it sound and get the right tone. I would have to practice on it to break the cane in. The can has to soak a lot. An oboist cant just pull a new reed out and play on it. Every reed an oboist plays on took at least a week and probably more to get ready to play. Reeds are time consuming. I've heard of professional oboists spending at least 8 hours a week working on reeds.

Thats why its such a tragedy when an oboist accidently breaks a good reed or a good reed finally dies. It took so long to make that reed play nicely and your thinking of the time and the headache your going to have getting a new one.  

`Kel`
Captain

Geograce

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:46 am
Yeah I agree with Kel completely. Violin strings for whatever reason be hard to find (which I don't get how but what ev) but it takes an oboist forever to get a good reed. And when you do, somedays the reed works and the next it's like crap. Or it brakes, or it just is never good. I don't really want to explain and go on because it would take me like...2 hours to explain all of the tragedies that can happen. So just chill.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:05 pm

Geograce

Shisuzen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:00 am
xp  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:54 pm
My worst nightmare was a real one.

I had a recital, but my accompanist never showed up and so, made me lose my calm and degraded me to a running frenzy going "OHNOES! WHAT DO I DO?". There was one lady who volunteered to help but since I didn't have the accompaniment piece, she couldn't do anything. Thus, I had to play my piece and since it was also getting marked, I had to wait for a full 49 bars rest making the audience go wat.

Until the night was over, she texted me a message saying "Sorry! I totally forgot. How was it anyways?" crying  

Das Ist Mein Hamburger

`Kel`
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:12 pm
eek My heart probably would have given out. They would have had to drag me away  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:44 am
Das Ist Mein Hamburger
My worst nightmare was a real one.

I had a recital, but my accompanist never showed up and so, made me lose my calm and degraded me to a running frenzy going "OHNOES! WHAT DO I DO?". There was one lady who volunteered to help but since I didn't have the accompaniment piece, she couldn't do anything. Thus, I had to play my piece and since it was also getting marked, I had to wait for a full 49 bars rest making the audience go wat.

Until the night was over, she texted me a message saying "Sorry! I totally forgot. How was it anyways?" crying

Omg ... I can't believe it! thats just terrible sad

the only music-related nightmares I've ever had were about exams ... the only one I can remember is a strange dream I had the night before a theory exam. I was in this strange, rather claustrophobic room filled with school desks, and I was the only one there writing my theory exam. I was like "wth where is everyone else" ... felt like I was in the wrong place or something @_@

it wasn't particularly SCARY ... just eerie ...  

Regis Filia

Who is Puffer Fish

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:17 pm
My nightmares about band...are actually quite ridiculous.

Last year, I had one where the tall marching snare player somehow grew to be like, 80 feet tall and ate me. o_0;

And this year I've had one where my trumpet friend was helping me push the marimba up the hill after marching band practice (which he wouldn't do because he claims I curse the things to hurt him after the ONE TIME where the brake drum smashed his finger of his own fault >> )...and it somehow flipped over going over the curb and skidded all the way down the hill...ON ITS BARS.
And I had to explain to our director what happened without him killing me or my friend...>>;;;
Glad I woke up before that happened. XDD  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:40 pm
Phantom of the Forum

Last year, I had one where the tall marching snare player somehow grew to be like, 80 feet tall and ate me. o_0;

WTF ROFL Thats awesome...  

`Kel`
Captain

Dr T a m a k i

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:45 pm
Phantom of the Forum
My nightmares about band...are actually quite ridiculous.

And this year I've had one where my trumpet friend was helping me push the marimba up the hill after marching band practice (which he wouldn't do because he claims I curse the things to hurt him after the ONE TIME where the brake drum smashed his finger of his own fault >> )...and it somehow flipped over going over the curb and skidded all the way down the hill...ON ITS BARS.
And I had to explain to our director what happened without him killing me or my friend...>>;;;
Glad I woke up before that happened. XDD

That would suck. I had one where I was playing piano at Carnegie Hall and I messed up. The audience booed me offstage...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:50 pm
This is not a dream but.....
Once someone tripped over my cello and the bridge snapped. I spazed out, I went crazy xp gonk crying . He broke my baby. My music teacher pulled some strings (no pun intended) and got it fixed though blaugh .
And a note on the Rosin I have shattered ten rosins in my lifetime ...... sweatdrop opppsss....  

Hijacker45003

II Stelmaria II

Naughty Explorer

8,775 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:30 pm
Mine was dreadful dream last night, I dreamt that during the concert everyone had stopped playing. Right in the middle of the piece and suddenly, I was playing alone, with the audience watching me. The conductor was there but suddenly the rest of the band disappeared. Except for me, the conductor and the audience, it was terrifying. Then I woke up.  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:39 am
stare ive experienced it in real life! but it was a piano solo performance. but when it goes to the fast-beat part they all watch me  

Camorelle

Shameless Stalker

13,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100

flamingrice

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:45 pm
Dang, that really must suck! I had a dream somewhat like that except it wasn't as bad. gonk  
Classical Musicians Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff