Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
What gives with all the so-called upgrades to Gaia? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Screw the stuff we don't need
  Listen to us and give us the things we WANT!
View Results

churrlo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:23 pm
SHAME ON YOU!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:09 pm

This thread is the easy way to see past answers.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/asked-the-admin-answer-compilation-ata-s-1-year-old/t.30840637/

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

churrlo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:31 am
Thanks for the link biggrin Large posts >.<;  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:03 am
Sorry- but past answers are no longer valid- we want what was promised to us and we want to know when we will get them- not answers from up to a year ago... CURRENT ANSWERS AND HONESTY FOR ONCE!  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:44 am
mamarita
Sorry- but past answers are no longer valid- we want what was promised to us and we want to know when we will get them- not answers from up to a year ago... CURRENT ANSWERS AND HONESTY FOR ONCE!

My cynical side ... wait that's all of me ... ... doubts we will ever get honesty, Rita.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:27 pm

Then check the newer replies.

Lanzer last week replied to my questions, including GGN.

Also, it has been rather consistent that the GGN is the big project after Battle zOMG is released. Something pretty cool since upon release things like pvp won't even be in it yet, and pvp is big for many MMOGers.

With that, it is more recently estimated that the GGN rewrite will start in Spring? (I may have recalled which season/time was last stated) and actually not last three months. But that one is just a guess. Lanzer might still be saying Fall, just late fall/early winter.

It is because people can't just take Lanzer's statements as ESTIMATES that he answers those questions LESS and LESS. I choose to keep in mind that a guess is a guess, with a high possibility of glitches not being factored in. This way, I at least get an idea, instead of my question ignored because some admin got yelled at by USERS for making a GUESS.

Lanzer is NOT a Battle zOMG dev. Lanzer is NOT an all-seeing god. Lanzer can't foresee problems. Yet Lanzer is the best I have recently seen an answer from. I know not to expect the GGN update to start being written before Fall, not to expect it to be done two weeks after they start. It's a goddamn rewrite. It will take a few months, even if they had every last Battle zOMG dev on it, and I KNOW that that won't happen.

Is not the GGN the ones who have chosen to act mature? The ones that see the Battle zOMG whiners and find their ways disgusting? Have we not discussed in the Captain's Guild how to assist the devs by thinking of features, and trying to work out what may make it bad, how to fix the bad parts, what exactly we would want from the feature?

If you wish to whine about the delays, go to a Battle zOMG forum. Our precious GGN update won't happen until it is out of beta anyway. Or, sign up to be a reasonably intelligent beta tester, to help beta problems get found and fixed.

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

churrlo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:23 am
I could easily see the GGN updates getting pushed back if zOMG gains enough popularity, it would take priority over the GGN, at least thats what I think.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:28 am
If it's so quick to do ... then why haven't they done it already?

If these updates are so simple then they could have been running in the background of something. I'm sorry but Gaia has exhausted most of our patiences.

PL  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:33 am
Having 35 yrs experience working with computers and software- there are some things that cane be corrected in a matter of an hour- if a developer is given one hour to correct it.. Software mistakes/updates don't have to take years. people! Oh and Lanzer doesn't open his pm's... but Fin does!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:41 am
mamarita
I'm sorry- but there are things that we have begged for since the beginning that have been ignored and now they want to load our "My Gaia" with a bunch of crap that is already available to us in at least 2 other places. Come on- where's our mass emailing for guild captains? For that matter- where's our mass emailing? Give us stuff we want, not crap we don't need!

Oh yes, and has anyone noticed that we can no longer organize our inventory? Some genius jerk screwed that up when helping to plan this big new update!

1-2 weeks late, but I can still chime in.

For our inventory, I hate how what you equip turns gray, and is put to the end. (It made me think some of my items were taken when the items were light to begin with, then almost clear when equipped.)

That and I miss how the navigation was before the "Latest upgrade". I don't like this one nearly as much.

As for the time it's taking for updates on the GGN, it's ok. (At least to me.)

I just don't see why the change for all the new looks, and everything. I don't care for a lot of it.  

Mishikotoko

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:54 am
mamarita
Oh and Lanzer doesn't open his pm's... but Fin does!

I daresay the bloke gets hundreds a day, might take him a while to get there. XD

Did Fin accept?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:30 pm

Churrlo, not a chance in hell. Gaians for the most part would rebel. The release of the zOMG will leave a large gap and drop in whining and requests. GGN will likely finally bother to work together to make sure that every admin, dev, even artist and mod, on Gaia knows that the GGN was suppost to be next and will be. Then right after that they will be forced to get pvp going.

Pilots, it isn't going to be quick, it will take approx 3 months or so. It's going to be a complete and massive rewrite and code overhaul of the GGN.

Rita- Ya, some peices could be fast, but that isn't want they are aiming for. They want to do the GGN right, by totally rebuilding the back code so that cool things we don't need can be added, along with a new, horrible layout.

Mishi - It's more about getting features, like Guild Mass PMs.

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

churrlo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:13 pm
If xOMG gets the majority of people clamoring for updates, it could easily take the place of the GGN update. They have been prone to update things that are more used over things are less used, and if this game works well for them I can see them selling special items for $$ and also trying to update ASAP so that it maintains its popularity. If enough people like it, and if it gets a lot of hits, they might just focus on that so that they can do their business to their better money advantage.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:42 am
Metalic_Noodles

Pilots, it isn't going to be quick, it will take approx 3 months or so. It's going to be a complete and massive rewrite and code overhaul of the GGN.

~Metalic_Noodles

Three months IS quick, in the grand scheme of life and death, three months is no time at all! And if they put more people on it then ... well ... common sense ...

And I'm with Churrlo, if battle is as hugely popular as they want it to be then THAT will be their priority. It would be very naive to presume other wise; Gaia is a business now, it goes where the money is and I rather sense the battle will have things - as Churrlo suggests - that you have to pay for.

No, I think Gaia will keep finding 'reasons' why the guilds haven't been updated and I rather suspect I'm not the only one.

PL  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Mishikotoko

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:39 am
Pilotslover
Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

Three months IS quick, in the grand scheme of life and death, three months is no time at all! And if they put more people on it then ... well ... common sense ...

And I'm with Churrlo, if battle is as hugely popular as they want it to be then THAT will be their priority. It would be very naive to presume other wise; Gaia is a business now, it goes where the money is and I rather sense the battle will have things - as Churrlo suggests - that you have to pay for.

No, I think Gaia will keep finding 'reasons' why the guilds haven't been updated and I rather suspect I'm not the only one.

PL

I agree with the battle system having "things" to pay for. It almost goes without saying.

I guess I'm one of the "I miss the old Gaia" people...lol  
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces