Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stella_Starwind

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:12 am
Sanekazura
Hello! *^.^*
It's always so nice to see new avatars around here.

As for your question... yes, there's only one BND book. And BND is one of three shorter stories included in that volume.
Kaine is a short story as well, but I don't know how it's published or by which company. Do you?

http://www.sasugabooks.com/product_info.php?products_id=10018

I'm not exatly sure just who is the publisher of it to be honest, the orignal Japanee books I think are just a bit confussing I mean they all look really similiar with the red-white-blue striped covers but they don't all have the same publisher so its kind of confussing.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:45 pm
I am now interested in seeing a BND American live action movie. I think we could do really well (since the only things America can school everyone else on are movies and punk rock anyway)
writes to many directors/film producers*  

BlackHat
Crew

Stella_Starwind

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:23 pm
BlackHat
I am now interested in seeing a BND American live action movie. I think we could do really well (since the only things America can school everyone else on are movies and punk rock anyway)
writes to many directors/film producers*

xd that would be awsume! lol since you got us on the subject what actors would you like to play whom.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:24 am
BND Live action... wow. THat would be the number one tearjerker of all time.

I'd like to see a live action, an anime wouldn't be as good, I think.  

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

Vi Sparklemist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:39 pm
Yeah! Neat idea.

(We should start making the movies and such ourselves)  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:12 pm
*puts in her two cents*

I actually cried at the end of BND...that two page spread was just beautiful.

and a live action movie would be amazing I'm sure. though I could see it more as an arty short film kind of thing I think.  

achromatic grey

[Lagrashu]

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 1:16 pm
I almost started to cry when I read the end... crying
It's a wonderful story, very deep and the characters are so interesting. Especially Lawrence. (why? I don't know, really... sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 8:18 pm
Mahiro
It's a wonderful story, very deep and the characters are so interesting. Especially Lawrence. (why? I don't know, really... sweatdrop )

There's something about Lawrence, ne?
A sense of strength, but also great sadness...  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

[Lagrashu]

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 11:56 am
Sai-kun
Mahiro

Yeah, something like that.  
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 7:47 am
I just read the atogaki of Boys Next Door... Very interesting, some of things discussed there. Like for example, the character of Lawr wasn't meant to be a boy prostitute, but actually a very innocent boy. And Adrian's mother was supposed to play a much bigger role in it... And Dallas wasn't supposed to even show up.

So yeah, it was kinda cool, to read how it had evolved.

((Some random thought that were bouncing around my head... Had to get them out))  

Shura Yukihime

achromatic grey

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 5:18 pm
Shura Yukihime
I just read the atogaki of Boys Next Door... Very interesting, some of things discussed there. Like for example, the character of Lawr wasn't meant to be a boy prostitute, but actually a very innocent boy. And Adrian's mother was supposed to play a much bigger role in it... And Dallas wasn't supposed to even show up.

So yeah, it was kinda cool, to read how it had evolved.

((Some random thought that were bouncing around my head... Had to get them out))

that is interesting. especially that he wasn't even meant to be a prostitute. but I think I like the way it turned out.  
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 9:53 pm
Sai-kun
Mahiro

Lots of people I knew who read that cried at the end.

But I didn't... becuase for me there's nothing to be sad about. Because they're free! *dances around the room* Lawr and Adrian are now free to love each other! Yey!  

chained_inside

etrnlfoenix

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:45 pm
I teared up because it was such a happy ending. I first started to REALLY cry when they gave the sentencing and he wasn't going to die. I really thought he should have so he could be with Lawrence. That was cruel. The ending was just so happy that I cried while smiling.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:08 am
I was reading it in school and I got really depressed and my teacher had no clue I was reading and thought I was insane for sitting in the back of class looking really sad. I had to think of some way to explain how sad the story was and she was like "Oh, can I read it?" so I let her borrow it and she gave it back the next day and told me it was odd and depressing and that I shouldn't bring it into school again. I seriously thought she was going to tel me that it was good too crying  

Izumi-san

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:58 pm
Izumi-san
I was reading it in school and I got really depressed and my teacher had no clue I was reading and thought I was insane for sitting in the back of class looking really sad. I had to think of some way to explain how sad the story was and she was like "Oh, can I read it?" so I let her borrow it and she gave it back the next day and told me it was odd and depressing and that I shouldn't bring it into school again. I seriously thought she was going to tel me that it was good too crying

Japanese teacher?
I dont know if BND is a good starter series for anyone not familiar with manga themes and Kaori Yuki's work XD...Bloodhound probably would've been better...  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff