Age old question. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:32 am
TenshinoHikari
Ouch, Onoj, harsh. As for the English stereotype it isn't entirly false. My religion doesn't allow me to drink tea, and when I went to England this summer if anything was even slightly wrong I was offered a cup of tea. I felt bad turning them down all the time sweatdrop

Well nobody in my family drinks tea. Neither do many people I know of... sweatdrop

@Onoj: Very true. 3nodding ...Just in a less exaggerated way.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:08 am
Longbow UK
TenshinoHikari
Ouch, Onoj, harsh. As for the English stereotype it isn't entirly false. My religion doesn't allow me to drink tea, and when I went to England this summer if anything was even slightly wrong I was offered a cup of tea. I felt bad turning them down all the time sweatdrop

Well nobody in my family drinks tea. Neither do many people I know of... sweatdrop

My mum offers coffee to everyone. XD I don't like coffee, never tried tea... and the english stereotype is false. XD

-needs an 'English-and-proud' banner- XD  

treythea

TenshinoHikari

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:11 am
Well don't get me wrong I adored England. But I had to suffer many stereotypes to. Since I'm from Utah and LDS I got a lot of questions like "Where are your horns?" (I don't have any) and "How many wives does your dad have?" (One, just like he's supposed to). So, it kinda worked both ways. I had to get over some of my English stereotypes and they had to get over their Mormon ones *shrug*.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:14 am
TenshinoHikari
Well don't get me wrong I adored England. But I had to suffer many stereotypes to. Since I'm from Utah and LDS I got a lot of questions like "Where are your horns?" (I don't have any) and "How many wives does your dad have?" (One, just like he's supposed to). So, it kinda worked both ways. I had to get over some of my English stereotypes and they had to get over their Mormon ones *shrug*.

XD Where did you all go when you came here? o.O

Stereotypes are evil. x_x And people who think they're real are stupid.. XD  

treythea

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:24 am
Russandol
Longbow UK
TenshinoHikari

My mum offers coffee to everyone. XD I don't like coffee, never tried tea... and the english stereotype is false. XD

-needs an 'English-and-proud' banner- XD

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Yay for English pride! xd ...Yeah, I know, i'm a nationalist. xp  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:24 am
Um...Essex I think. I was about an hour from London by car and there were trains (I'd never ridden on a train or bus before then...just so you know your busses are terrifying eek ) you could take. We also went up to Wales and I got see castles and stuff. It was great fun 3nodding  

TenshinoHikari

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:32 am
TenshinoHikari
Um...Essex I think. I was about an hour from London by car and there were trains (I'd never ridden on a train or bus before then...just so you know your busses are terrifying eek ) you could take. We also went up to Wales and I got see castles and stuff. It was great fun 3nodding

Did you visit Beaumaris castle? ...Very beautiful, even though it's incomplete. xp

*has visited almost every Welsh castle that stands, except for a couple in the south-west*  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:33 am
I can't spell the one I went to, but I'll try...Canarfon I think is how it's spelt. I know its by Port Madog sweatdrop  

TenshinoHikari

Falathrim

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:34 am
Three pages and we're already off-topic.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:35 am
TenshinoHikari
I can't spell the one I went to, but I'll try...Canarfon I think is how it's spelt. I know its by Port Madog sweatdrop

*Caernarfon. 3nodding I've been there.  

Khorkalba

Thaxul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:50 am
So what stereotypes do you have for the irish?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:53 am
thaxul

They're supposedly stupid. XD

Longbow, I LOVE the banner. heart You make it? o.O

Don't think I've ever been to Essex. XD  

treythea

Onoj

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:55 am
Falathrim
Three pages and we're already off-topic.

Indeed.

And Thaxul I will just go for the obvious one of constant drinking. Lol wink

My mom thinks all Irish drink nonstop and all Catholics drink nonstop,
and that all Catholics are Irish.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:59 am
Russandol
thaxul

They're supposedly stupid. XD

Longbow, I LOVE the banner. heart You make it? o.O

3nodding

Thaxul: Leprechaun's, Clovers and Guinness.  

Khorkalba

Thaxul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:09 am
all incredibly wrong. But it was what I had expected.  
Mittalmar - Original Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff