Reply Tattoos
Your tattoo's meaning Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

queertastrophy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:33 pm
My first (and, so far, only gonk ) tattoo is about my fiance and myself. The human heart represents his heart, and the blue rose wrapped around it represents myself. The rose pierces the heart, so the heart's tissue is wrapped around a bit of the rose's stem, symbolising that we're intertwined. Above the heart and rose is our anniversary date.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:21 pm
My tattoos all have deep meaning for me. I have a incredibly long list of designs I've drawn (all of my tattoos are my original artwork) but I wait until I find the "right moment" to get it done and inked into my skin to show my stepping stones forever.

My batwing tattoos have dual symbolism... my animal totem is the bat, and it symbolizes change, and I got it after I had moved out on my own for the first time, to a state I had only visited, at the age of 18. My wings are the symbol of my freedom, and remind me that I did it, even if I eventually moved back home for school. My only regret about this tattoo was that I didn't get it bigger, but I was really broke at the time and the size I wanted it at would've cost me $100 extra. ^^;

I also have a piece on my lower back, and I grimace whenever someone asks "IS THAT TRIBAL!?" It has no tribal meaning, no symbolism beyond my own, and is actually based on a filigree iron fence I saw in a book of castles. It also has a dual meaning... the symbolic bat, and the iron fence. I had this tattoo started when I was going through a period of drug withdrawl, for "iron strength", had a second part added when I was clean and no longer had the desire to put everything white and powdery up my nose, and I'll eventually have the third part completed when I go a year clean and sober.
Which, as I'm going now, will be March of next year! I might just splurge and get it finished for my 22nd birthday in February, though.

Its cliche, but I have a heart on my left breast. My heart is an icon I've used online for a while now, a angular heart with pins stuck into it, and stitches holding it together. I actually had this put to ink as a whim, after I broke off the engagement I had been in and finally stopped crying over him every day. Again, its a symbol of strength.

The most recent tattoo I've gotten is a seven-pointed star on the front of my shoulder, and is my own sort of badge of my family, the Fay family. We're "fayfolk" (harhar), so it only makes sense to use such a beautiful and otherworldly symbol to represent us. I had this done around the time my father announced his engagement to my new stepmother, and both she and my sister eventually got the same tattoo, my sister's on her hip, my step-mum's on her inner forearm. So now the symbolism of this one is "unity" and "family".

Mesic

K-9wolf

7,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:56 pm
I just got a tattoo that was completely not something that i'd planned long for, but It means so much to me.

User Image

first off, it says "Healing" (self-styled annagram)

I used to SI a lot, I've been clean for a while now, and have started to find different ways to cope.
This tattoo is my declaration that I do not need to cut anymore.
I put it over my scars on my wrist.

The platypuses are there because they have been my comfort animal for years. *holds up her platypus plushie* its fault. =3

the 6 larger dots and the other smaller dots adding up to about the same size as the large one are about how many years I did SI.

yes, there's a lot to this tattoo, I'm proud of it.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:30 pm
My tattoo doesn't mean anything as well. =D And the next one I'm getting (hopefully soon) has some meaning, but it's nothing really deep.  

dagon is a gloomy bear
Crew

Lonely Lunatic

emohawk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:53 pm
my tattoo is on my left shoulder, it's an iris flower, with a mosquito integrated into the flower itself. The iris is to represent me (my middle name) and the mosquito means my grandmother (a mosquito because she had one painted on her hand drum). my whole tattoo represents my quest to model myself after my grandmother. heart

my next tattoo will be an anklet with 7 stones, one for each of my immediate family members. my older sister is designing it now. can't wait to see it.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:49 am
My first tatoo is an emerald in front of a sun on the top center of my back. Both are symbols of life, the sun giving life to us all, and green being the color of life. My next tatto is a pair of wings the color of the sunset (I like the sun). My wings are important to me because they represent the freedom that I need in my life.  

vafalla

Original Vampire

gemini_swede

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:49 pm
I want a simple, small trinity knot to represent my religion and faith in it. I've just yet to decide whether I'm actually brave enough to do it or not.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:41 pm
Finally got my second ink. I've begun my quest to get a tattoo representing each of my five known ethnicities, and I started with Cherokee Indian. I got a spider web on my left shoulder leading down to a water spider on my upper arm, holding a bowl with embers in it (representing the myth of the water spider who brought fire to the Cherokee peoples).  

queertastrophy

babies-in-a-cage

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:36 pm
I got mine because I like day of the dead skulls. Simple as that. They're pretty. Im pretty much OBSESSED though...  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:31 am
Got my third tattoo--a tiny symbol on my right wrist, one of my favorite band's symbols. I've been an enormous fan for the past ten years, and I decided to get it done after my fiance took me to one of their concerts last year for our anniversary.

I love it a lot. Needs to be touched up a smidge, though.  

queertastrophy

Pink Plaid

Divorced Datemate

4,625 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:44 pm
I dont have any tattoos yet but for my first one Im going to be getting the imagine mosaic thats in strawberry fields in central park in new york. And around it I want part of the lyrics to imagine.

It will have multiple meanings too me. Imagine has always been one of my favorite songs my whole life. I love the meaning to the song and the peacefullness of it. A long with that my dad is probably one of the biggest John Lennon fans I know and it will also remind me of my daddy. And the mosaic will also represent one of my favorite places in the world, NYC.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:39 pm
I love my tats they all have a meaning to me.
I got this on my 16 b-day. My mom payed for it. I think it show that she loves me deeply.
The tattoo show a dream I had about a dragon in a egyptian word. I like dragons and egyptian stuff.
User Image

I got this one for my MOM on mothers day.
It show a dragon welding a sign.
To me it show the love for my mom and the love that I have for welding.
User Image

This tattoo is for me. It is not done yet. It is a work in progress. It will be on both wrist. When done it will look like a Gate. The meaning for this is my armes and hands is like a gate. They can welcome you or shut you out.
User Image  

Stamm

8bit Girls Bravo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:11 am
Mine is a botanical illustration of the impatiens, my mum's favourite flower. I'm really close to her, so this is a good way to remember her as well as have a really pretty piece of art on my leg ;3

Next is going to be a hibiscus, which will symbolise the way getting into gyaru-kei has really motivated me to change myself. Maybe it sounds silly, but it's pretty important to me. It's motivated me to change so much of my appearance for the better, including losing weight and getting in really good shape. So thanks, gyaru-kei 8D.

I also want a fleur de lis. I'm part French Canadian, so there ya go. I want to find a pretty way to symbolise my Italian heritage, too, but I haven't yet -- as you can tell, I'm a big fan of floral tattoos (I think they're really pretty and feminine and classic) so if I can find something resembling that I'm going to start drawing up sketches.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:32 pm
5ki7713z
Tats and meanings:
Dude (penguin) - He represents a time when I partied a lot. He's there for rememberance of the good times no matter how much I change.

NailBunny - If anyone here has read JTHM, he's the bunny. He represents Nny's conscience. Unlike most people, I connect with that lil comic, so in turn I connect with NailBunny.

Peace sign - I need that to remind me to be peaceful with the world

DSA logo - The band's music helped me through a lot.

Beagan (dragon) - She's like partially crouched down curled around her eggs. She is a young dragon, protecting what's important to her.

This was my old account, which I can't get in to anymore..

I've gotten a few more since then.

Heart - It's a heart with cuts and stitches. It has lyrics around it that say "Your heart won't heal right if you keep tearing out the sutures." It represents all the heartache I've been through and am still recovering from.

Pi symbol with the words "Faith in Chaos" - From the movie Pi that means a lot to me on many levels. Mean continuance and faith in perseverance to me.

Tool's Lateralus eye by Alex Grey - Favorite band, favorite artist, has meaning related to both.

Tool's Aenima eye - Favorite album by favorite band. Brings up soo many memories.

Flower from bambi - First off, my favorite movie as a kid. I'd watch it every night before bed. My favorite character. He represents npt being afraid to me. Proud of being who he is.

And the latin translations of seize the day and seize the night. My grandpa taught me them as a kid.  

All_Wrapped_Up

Tattoos

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces