Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)
Astral projection/OBEs Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does lucid dreaming also belong in this thread?
  yes
  no
View Results

eiei...OMGWTFBBQ

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:20 pm
interesting thought, I might want to try getting my chi higher. I don't do too much work with chi, but I have some experience. I found once that focusing on the chi around my heart made me feel...funny. I have more experience with chi in my aura. I'm going to try and do some aura work tonight to see if that will help.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:59 am
I avoid aura work, honestly, because my aura is ...odd. *nods* yep, thats the best word to use. Odd.  

Silver Mist

eiei...OMGWTFBBQ

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:42 pm
I see. Well, last night I started to try aura work, but didn;t get very far. Surprise, my cat comes in and decides that my stomach is the best place for a nap. He made me pet him until I zonked out. Silly little cat, but I love him. His name's Shale. Maybe I'll post a picture of him sometime. Anyways, tonight I'll try to try the aura work again.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:10 pm
No new lucid dreams for a while. I do have a story to tell you guys though. Last night, I was trying to have a consious obe, and it was fairly uneventful, with no vibrations or anything. I got bored after about half an hour and opened my eyes to look at my clock. I was instatly overcome with the strongest vibrations I've ever felt, and they stayed for around half a minute until they started calming down. Abotu half of that way in, I closed my eyes, because while they were open I was feeling realy odd and dizzy. I think I should have kept my eyes open, and I might have left. Sorry if that made little or no sense, I did quite a bit more energy work today than I'm used to, and am exhausted. I'll edit tomorrowif needed, good night 3nodding  

eiei...OMGWTFBBQ

eiei...OMGWTFBBQ

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:22 am
ok, since nobody's posted in forever, I'm going to ask a question:
If you were to find yourself out of body one night, what would you do?
I would probably just sit there for a little while, amazed, and end up back in my body.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:30 pm
I don't think lucid dreaming belongs in this thread, because when you astral project you stay in our "earth realm," but when you dream, especially lucid dreaming you go to the spirit world.  

The Nelo-Angelo

The Nelo-Angelo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:34 pm
But i don't need to dream to enter the spirit world, because i'm a shaman, but thats a whole other story  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:17 am
[Still not a member, damnit!]

Anyway, after reading this entire thread, I've a few things to say:

I've never heard of the term 'lucid dream' before now, and I realized that I've been having lucid dreams for as long as I can remember! I used to have really bad nightmares when I was little, ranging from Frankenstein chasing and trying to kill me [I was REALLY young then], to my father getting shot by an arrow in a modern war where we use guns and stuff. I really used to freak out over them, so I developped what I thought was my very own way of dealing with it. I planned my dreams ahead of time. I planned that, one night, I would dream of running carefree in a field full of my favourite flowers, daisies. Then another night, I would dream that I was my fave character in my fave anime. [It was Digimon at the time, and I alctually thought up a Digimon and named it Octomon, for it greatly resembled a octopus, and then, later, when I saw an episode, there was that actual Digimon in it!]

But recently, my lucid dreams have been about what I thought was my spirit guide, but after reading that thread on familiars, I'm not sure exactly what she is anymore. Anyway, I've never Astral Projected before, or if I have, I don't remember. I just thought it was cool hearing about something I've been doing all my life.

Now, there was another thing I saw in this thread about what you would do if you actually had an OBE. I wrote this last month I think, when I was kind of in a daze:

It was like nothing I've ever felt before - to be hovering just feet above my physical body - like nothing I've ever experienced. Amazement gave way to fear as I found myself wandering around the house, outside the room, down the stairs, left into the kitchen, down more stairs, and before the door that led to the garage.

Would I get lost? What if I couldn't find my body again? Sure enough, I knew my way fairly well around the house, but what if this smoky, almost transparent replica of me didn't? What would happen? I lingered around the house a little longer, before I heard a soft shuffle behind me. My first thought that was someone woke up and saw me! But it was only the cat. The sudden surprise, though, was enough to run - as well as I could while impossibly floating above the carpet - back up the two sets of stairs and into my room.

I can't believe I remember.

This was my best guess as to what would happen if I actually did Astral Project. If you've projected before, is what I wrote similar to your experiances in any way? I'd really like to hear about them.

P.S. The actual layout described was the layout of my friend's house, and her cat. But those are my true insecurities about APing. What if I did get lost? Ya know?  

Childhood Dreams

eiei...OMGWTFBBQ

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:24 am
Pineberry
[Still not a member, damnit!]

Anyway, after reading this entire thread, I've a few things to say:

I've never heard of the term 'lucid dream' before now, and I realized that I've been having lucid dreams for as long as I can remember! I used to have really bad nightmares when I was little, ranging from Frankenstein chasing and trying to kill me [I was REALLY young then], to my father getting shot by an arrow in a modern war where we use guns and stuff. I really used to freak out over them, so I developped what I thought was my very own way of dealing with it. I planned my dreams ahead of time. I planned that, one night, I would dream of running carefree in a field full of my favourite flowers, daisies. Then another night, I would dream that I was my fave character in my fave anime. [It was Digimon at the time, and I alctually thought up a Digimon and named it Octomon, for it greatly resembled a octopus, and then, later, when I saw an episode, there was that actual Digimon in it!]

But recently, my lucid dreams have been about what I thought was my spirit guide, but after reading that thread on familiars, I'm not sure exactly what she is anymore. Anyway, I've never Astral Projected before, or if I have, I don't remember. I just thought it was cool hearing about something I've been doing all my life.

Now, there was another thing I saw in this thread about what you would do if you actually had an OBE. I wrote this last month I think, when I was kind of in a daze:

It was like nothing I've ever felt before - to be hovering just feet above my physical body - like nothing I've ever experienced. Amazement gave way to fear as I found myself wandering around the house, outside the room, down the stairs, left into the kitchen, down more stairs, and before the door that led to the garage.

Would I get lost? What if I couldn't find my body again? Sure enough, I knew my way fairly well around the house, but what if this smoky, almost transparent replica of me didn't? What would happen? I lingered around the house a little longer, before I heard a soft shuffle behind me. My first thought that was someone woke up and saw me! But it was only the cat. The sudden surprise, though, was enough to run - as well as I could while impossibly floating above the carpet - back up the two sets of stairs and into my room.

I can't believe I remember.

This was my best guess as to what would happen if I actually did Astral Project. If you've projected before, is what I wrote similar to your experiances in any way? I'd really like to hear about them.

P.S. The actual layout described was the layout of my friend's house, and her cat. But those are my true insecurities about APing. What if I did get lost? Ya know?
wow, that's realy neat! From what I've heard about astral projection, it is impossible to get lost until it is your time to die, because of the "silver cord" as many call it. It attaches you to your body. I've also heard that you leave your body quite often and you obviously return, so that can't be too harmful. If things go crazy when you're aping, I've heard that your Astral body will "black out" and you will return to your body.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:33 am
That's helpful, thanks! Now I'm not as afraid to try, because I won't get lost. One of my biggest fears was leaving the house and not being able to find my way back, cause my astral body was stupid or something. xP  

Childhood Dreams

eiei...OMGWTFBBQ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:35 am
On entry 6 on my diary (last night) I think I might have had a full obe, just not known it at the time. look to my diary page to find it. I have a link in my 4th or 5th post, or somewhere around there.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:21 am
eieiovt682
On entry 6 on my diary (last night) I think I might have had a full obe, just not known it at the time. look to my diary page to find it. I have a link in my 4th or 5th post, or somewhere around there.

Thank you! I'll be sure to look at that right now! . . . if it were readable to the public, lol.  

Childhood Dreams

The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games