Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
The Thread of Links! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

S. Shark

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:21 pm
Church of the Flying Spagetti Monster--Flimsy moral standards, stripper factories, and a beer volcano!
Church of Reality

Have YOU been touched by His Noodly Appendage?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:04 pm
Sanguvixen
iviary
Sanguvixen
iviary
I bet you all will enjoy this:
http://alamoministries.com/content/english/Antichrist/Popes_Secrets.html
Also, look around the website itself.
http://www.alamoministries.com/

My brother keeps getting newsletters from them on his car, and their nearest church is several states away. o__0

Thats odd...Why would he be getting pamphelets when the church is so far away? It makes no sense.

I guess he has a wide following. {shrug}

Yeah..well that would explain it. Kind of silly though, when there is no church nearby for what the phamphlets advertise.

Well, they're not so much advertisements as they are 10 or 15 page newspapers full of paranoid mumbo jumbo. They reference the bible every other word, with verses that don't pertain to what they're saying in the least. It's more of a persuasive essay, really. A not-so-persuasive persuasive essay. Although I presume some people find it more convincing, since there's people willing to spend their day putting it on windshields in the heat of a Texas summer.  

iviary

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:25 am
sybex Shark
Church of the Flying Spagetti Monster--Flimsy moral standards, stripper factories, and a beer volcano!
Church of Reality

;laughs insanely; How the hell did that thing get a following?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:45 am
I follow the flying spaghetti monster, thank you very much. I pray to it every night before I go to bed.

Seriously, it's only meant to be satire to show the quirks of certain religion that are a bit silly. There isn't really a following, just people who enjoy the humor of it.  

iMito

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:09 am
SPMito
I follow the flying spaghetti monster, thank you very much. I pray to it every night before I go to bed.

Seriously, it's only meant to be satire to show the quirks of certain religion that are a bit silly. There isn't really a following, just people who enjoy the humor of it.

Yeah I know. What I meant was why is it even allowed to go on? I would imagine that religious zealots would be attacking the entire thing till it crashes and burns.

Why are you trying to mimic my avitar? It doesn't work...and it doesn't look good.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:15 am
iviary
Sanguvixen
iviary
Sanguvixen
iviary
I bet you all will enjoy this:
http://alamoministries.com/content/english/Antichrist/Popes_Secrets.html
Also, look around the website itself.
http://www.alamoministries.com/

My brother keeps getting newsletters from them on his car, and their nearest church is several states away. o__0

Thats odd...Why would he be getting pamphelets when the church is so far away? It makes no sense.

I guess he has a wide following. {shrug}

Yeah..well that would explain it. Kind of silly though, when there is no church nearby for what the phamphlets advertise.

Well, they're not so much advertisements as they are 10 or 15 page newspapers full of paranoid mumbo jumbo. They reference the bible every other word, with verses that don't pertain to what they're saying in the least. It's more of a persuasive essay, really. A not-so-persuasive persuasive essay. Although I presume some people find it more convincing, since there's people willing to spend their day putting it on windshields in the heat of a Texas summer.

Damn! It's not fair! Some people have more time on thier hands than I do! scream

Seriously though...if some people want to burn under the Texas sun for a church a few states away than they can go ahead and do that.

All I can say is that I feel so sorry for those poor trees. What did they do to be wasted like that? They give us the majority of the air we breath, and we pay them back by turning them into wasted paper.

Sanguvixen

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:17 am
Sanguvixen
SPMito

Yeah I know. What I meant was why is it even allowed to go on? I would imagine that religious zealots would be attacking the entire thing till it crashes and burns.

Why are you trying to mimic my avitar? It doesn't work...and it doesn't look good.
I'm sure someone's got upset over it before even though it's a satire.

And about the avatar- I didn't notice that at first o.O
I actually saw a thread like that in another guild. It was a game where you'd try to mimic someone else in the guild's ava and others tried to guess it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:26 am
Sanguvixen

Ah, sorry. I misinterpretted what you meant. They have tried by e-mailing the owner of the site, but it's not a serious of enough threat to be made a large deal out of.

I mimiced your avatar because I supposedly duplicated your thread. *shrugs* It's the small things in life.  

iMito

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:56 pm
SPMito
Sanguvixen

Ah, sorry. I misinterpretted what you meant. They have tried by e-mailing the owner of the site, but it's not a serious of enough threat to be made a large deal out of.

I mimiced your avatar because I supposedly duplicated your thread. *shrugs* It's the small things in life.

Sorry...I got a little defensive there.

I spent a lot of time on Gaia drifting when it comes to my avi....I wanted to make her look different somehow.

Eventually I pulled together something original and you can see the result for you. I made a fox avitar with a dark and light theme.

Some of the items weren't easy to get either.

I'll tear apart anyone who tries to steal my style with my claws and teeth!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 am
Sanguvixen
Sorry...I got a little defensive there.

I spent a lot of time on Gaia drifting when it comes to my avi....I wanted to make her look different somehow.

Eventually I pulled together something original and you can see the result for you. I made a fox avitar with a dark and light theme.

Some of the items weren't easy to get either.

I'll tear apart anyone who tries to steal my style with my claws and teeth!

My fault, I know how an avatar can be your identity. I was just doing it for a comical purpose, since I myself don't have an exact set style - excluding my emo glasses. I would never steal anyones style, or at least for more than 30 minutes or so.  

iMito

Ne0n0rangeGall0ws

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:48 pm
http://www.thefunny.org/easter.php is a really really funny website that makes fun of jesus... It's awesome!
rofl  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:20 pm
Sanguvixen
sybex Shark
Church of Reality

;laughs insanely; How the hell did that thing get a following?
mad Are you mocking the followers of His Noodliness? (No, I am not using this to cover the fact I don't have an actual answer to your question!)  

S. Shark

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:57 pm
Rowr.
I think I'm going to re-do the Bulletin Board and include a section for religious information kind of links.
Humor sites wouldn't really count. Discussion and stuff could stay here, but I wanna have a section for resources and more informational links.
Good idea, bad idea? Would it help at all?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:50 pm
[.caustic.]
Rowr.
I think I'm going to re-do the Bulletin Board and include a section for religious information kind of links.
Humor sites wouldn't really count. Discussion and stuff could stay here, but I wanna have a section for resources and more informational links.
Good idea, bad idea? Would it help at all?

I think its a good idea because then there would be an area where people could go if they wanted somehting to research or just read. Plus if someone forgot to book mark a site that they accessed from here then it would save them time trying to find the link again. (hope that makes sense, is tired from school and work)

sybex Shark

Church of Reality

All hail His Noodliness! I really like the chart about global warming and the number of pirates in the world. pirate  

decaZetta

PickleBoy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:48 am
http://www.explosm.net/comics/view.asp?id=89

Heh heh heh. *snickers* twisted

Sorry... that whole comic is so bad, and yet I find it farking hilarious.

... What?  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces