Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
What type of Republican are you? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:12 pm
But we've also gotten back on our feet with government interference, during WWII when our economy was restored, the government spent a lot of money with the PWP, and converting factories to make guns, weapons, etc. Keynesian economics tells us that as long as money is flowing, whether government or privatized, then the economy is going to be stable.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:19 pm
It's a big myth that PWP restored the economy. It did not. The real engine that restored the economy was increased military spending at home and abroad. Britain Russia and France were atavistically building up military strength to confront Germany, and their own industrial bases were incapable of supplying the full need. So, initially, US factories were supplying British and French military contracts, then after Pearl Harbor the Soviets too. You're talking ten years of military buildup that pierced tariff barriers and put the manufacturing base to work. PWP created sporadic and temporary projects here and there with little else to show for it.

The same models can be viewed in a comparative analysis of the Carter economy and the Reagan economy. Carter spent on the traditional Keynsian paradigms and the result was stagflation. Reagan, on the other hand, pumped money into a military buildup, and the economy of the 80s was quite robust.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Nathan Galvan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:58 pm
Definately a Fiscal / Theoconservative.

Fiscal Conservative - I can't stand the fact that we have such a large deficit (nearly $11 trillion) and think (or rather know) we need to take steps to reduce spending and pay this thing off before it gets even more out of hand, making me very skeptical of President Obama's economic policies. I also believe we have a big problem with a number of government-funded social programs (which, for the most part, need to be either reduced drasticly or gotten rid of altogether).

Theoconservative - I am deeply concerned with abortion (which I believe is a crime against humanity), same-sex marriage (I have nothing against the gay community at all, but I follow the teachings of the bible and cannot bring myself to support it), and other issues similar to those.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:08 am
Simplified.. I'm a Moderate. I support gay marriage and I admit I am a little green but more in a country since. I wish to conserve the land and I support the FFA. Gun control in the manner that if the gay or gal has a record then no gun for them and age limit should be somewhat high.. Also I am a green country boy.. I support the protection of animal habitats.  

The Lost Desperado

4,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200

SynysterGatesRules

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:28 pm
I'm the one that says kill em all let god sort them out : ]
but thats not an answer you wanted was it?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:50 pm
I would happen to inhabit the paleoconservative sphere myself.  

James628

Lord Beckon

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:04 pm
I guess I'm close to libertarian on a basic level: economically conservative, socially liberal. However, I consider myself more of a moderate than anything...  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:59 pm
Fiscal Conservative.

I grew up listening to Rush Limbaugh.
I'm Catholic.
I cling to my guns and religion XD

When your raised like I was, You are pretty much full republican.

Oh, and political correctness sucks. If I offended someone, I apologize, but that's my feelings.  

gamerguy121

Lexille

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:03 pm
i was once a moderate conservative (you have your life style, i have mine, lets agree to disagree and go have a beer)

but lately i find myself become more radical as the country becomes more crazy... i prefer the government to keep their hands off my gun, my bible and my a** (in respect to gays...)  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:43 am
I would have to consider my self to be a radical as well. I mean how dare Obmama and the government try to take away the rights of Americans! Last time I checked dictators owned businesses and companies, not the President and government! And what right do they have to take away the second amendment? If they succeed with that then they might get greedy and keep taking away more and more rights away from the people! scream With the kind of President and congress we have know, I wouldn't be suprised. stare  

Moonlight_Maiden123

TammiGirl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:48 pm
The Democrat kind.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:49 pm
That's okay, everyone loves an easy sacrifice.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Pumona

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:59 pm
[Kwest
"] I can't stand the fact that we have such a large deficit (nearly $11 trillion) and think (or rather know) we need to take steps to reduce spending and pay this thing off before it gets even more out of hand, making me very skeptical of President Obama's economic policies. I also believe we have a big problem with a number of government-funded social programs (which, for the most part, need to be either reduced drasticly or gotten rid of altogether).

Welcome Kwest. It's too bad that Obama has no problem spending money that we do not have and want everything taken over by the Government. The next few years are just going to get worse.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:18 pm
I am a hardcore republican. I will say crude coments all day. even out in public  

drewcrew9675

Pumona

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:38 am
drewcrew9675
I am a hardcore republican. I will say crude coments all day. even out in public

If you are actually a republican it does not mean you make crude comments at all (let alone all day). This would indicate something else is wrong with you that is not political.  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff