Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
ANNOUNCEMENT - please read Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

It's bad folks
  really bad
View Results

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:12 am
Yeah, what a lot of people don't realize is that Japanese culture is NOTHING like anime. Japan is one big ball of repression and ritual. 3nodding And they're not really fond of inviting outsiders into their inner circle, no matter how long you live there.

Dude, everything you watch, you rave about for weeks. lol It makes it seem like you LOVE everything. Are you saying that's not true? And if you don't say that anything is all good or all bad, then there must be SOMETHING about the real world that you like. mrgreen

Some people prefer more realism, that's all. There's only so much brain candy I can handle before I lapse into a diabetic coma. The way I figure it, if you need that much manic action, unrealistic characters, and general craziness to "escape from the real world," you must be on overload and should probably take a step or two back and breathe for a while. All things in moderation. 3nodding

Wow, look at all those caps. eek

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:29 am
User Image

Well, my dad had to live in Japan for work. It wasn't exactly for recreation or anything. And I agree, it does seem like one of those places you'd never want to live. Especially Tokyo....NewYork times 100. *shudders*

Yeah, I have a few friends who are over in Japan for school at the moment and they've said depending on the area you go you'll either get ignored completely or bombarded with people wanting to talk to you because you're foreign. xD There doesn't seem to be any middle ground. And yeah...they are a culture very involved with their own rituals & history. It's nice...but again, not somewhere I'd care to call home.

Eh....I'm not too fond of the real world. I do have my own ways to avoid the real world....however childish & stupid as they seem to most other people. *shrugs* xD

...........It's hard for people who -are- pressed for time. My husband does like anime. There are quite a few that he's rather enticed by...but he never is able to watch them because he doesn't have the time working 12-hours a day. >_<;; He'll download a few to his PSP and watch them while he's on break at work, but he's gotten more into just wanting to wait until the English versions come out and straight forwardly buy them. xD

®îñí Ïkãtå®û

Ikataru

Fluffy Bunny

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:47 am
purpleravenhawk
And they're not really fond of inviting outsiders into their inner circle, no matter how long you live there.

That's very true indeed, and I'm not much into history or ritual as it is.

purpleravenhawk
Are you saying that's not true - there must be SOMETHING about the real world that you like.

Yes and Yes (The world is mainly depressing - just not completely)

purpleravenhawk
There's only so much brain candy I can handle before I lapse into a diabetic coma - you must be on overload and should probably take a step or two back and breathe for a while.

True, but I'm the reverse. To much "real", and I slip into a coma. I'd rather be on an anime high at least most of the time. And I do step away sometimes, but it's just not for very often. (those are alot of caps) biggrin

rini ikataru
Eh....I'm not too fond of the real world. I do have my own ways to avoid the real world....however childish & stupid as they seem to most other people

Everyone is entitled to their own way of doing things. And it has to be EXTREMELY DRASTIC for ME to consider it "childish".

rini ikataru
he's gotten more into just wanting to wait until the English versions come out and straight forwardly buy them

That is the easiest thing to do for people that are pressed for time. But I also like to Torrent. (uh...you aren't against torrenting are you?)  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:59 pm
So...when you seem to be obsessed with something, I should just assume that you DON'T think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread? Quit overreacting then! confused  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Ikataru

Fluffy Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:10 am
Torrenting got our internet shut off. He downloaded an episode of Naruto once and they shut off our internet and sent us a notice saying that using Peer2Peer programs were against the TOS of our ISP. So.....yeah. Against torrents now. rofl rofl

And by Childish, I mean live-action roleplaying. Here....it's taboo. People think you're the devil or whatever. *shrugs*

®îñí Ïkãtå®û

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:36 am
purpleravenhawk
So...when you seem to be obsessed with something, I should just assume that you DON'T think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread? Quit overreacting then!

Don't be silly, that would be my " anime high". I'll get over it. I always do. I just find something new frequently.

rini ikatartu
Torrenting got our internet shut off. He downloaded an episode of Naruto once and they shut off our internet and sent us a notice saying that using Peer2Peer programs were against the TOS of our ISP. So.....yeah. Against torrents now.

Wait one moment here...
Torrenting got your internet disconnected? OK, that's wierd. I'm going to need more details then that. Because I've been torrenting for about 2 years now and nothing like that has ever happened.

rini ikataru
And by Childish, I mean live-action roleplaying. Here....it's taboo. People think you're the devil or whatever.

LARPing is NOT childish. As for it being taboo where you are, that just means that who ever decided that is an idiot. And anyone that follows that person without question is a brain-dead moron. I might seem a tad over-reacting, but I hate it when others tell you what you can and can't do. And to do so over something so simple is just idiodic. (I'm just glad that you have a brain - you might not be able to do anything, but at least you don't agree with those people)

Hey Rini, give me the stats that you had when you lossed your internet.
Like which ISP =
What Torrent Program =
What torrent = (you said it was naruto)
You do live in the US, right? = (I do - and that will help me figure it out)
And did you use any extra programs that are suppose to give your IP extra security. Because those are a scam, and are used to find out who you are even faster.

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:56 pm
How can you get so excited about something if you don't think it's that great? confused

And yeah, some ISPs prohibit torrenting altogether. They're trying to protect themselves from the gov'ment.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:40 am
I DO think that it's great. But saying something is great doesn't mean that your saying it's better then everything else. Just because it doesn't take the very top spot on your "list of great things", Doesn't mean that it should be dropped right there. Or that you should drop everything else that isn't at that top spot. You can rave about something you like even if it's not your favorite you know.

Seriously though, is that what you do? Drop everything that doesn't immediately become your absolute favorite? Just like "dislikes", you can have varying levels of "likes" you know. I just rave about new things that I like. I don't lessen my raving just because it's not the best thing on the planet. If I like something (no matter how much I like it), I'm going to talk about it.

I don't even know what our ISP thinks of torrenting.  

xwhateverxdudex

Ikataru

Fluffy Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:01 pm
No, I don't use any other programs. I was using..........the program BitTorrent and searching for things using the site.....Min...nova? something or another. *CAN'T REMEMBER* xD!

Umm, but we weren't the only people this happened to. Mike said a few people he knew from his work had their internet shut off for the same reason as well as a few other people I've met online have said that.

It really depends on how well your ISP cracks down on stuff like that. Apparently...Our ISP is really strict when it comes to what you can/cannot download from the internet. We even got a letter in the mail FROM Insight Communications (Our ISP) saying that Torrent & P2P programs were "too suspicious" and downloading from them could event in your internet being shut off.

My husband has been using BitTorrent for years....hell maybe 3 years now? We never had a problem until just a few months ago. Oh, and Yes. I do live in the USA, Kentucky.

There really isn't anything to "figure out" ...I've already spoken with the people at Insight and they said that they've just been having too many people downloading illegal things from the internet and it comes back on them from the companies who own the rights to things so they were cracking down on their rules. *nods*

---------------------
ROFLMAO. Here is the deal about this place.....you have to fit into one of these categories.

1) Uptight Christian.
2) Redneck
3) "Wigger"/Gangsta wannabe (Sorry if anyone took offense to that)

Well, I'm happy to say that I am NONE of them and so.....I don't fit in. Everything about me is "Taboo" here. *rolls eyes* But, whatever. xP! Mike and I make our own fun, and LARP is a terrible obsession that even he gets a little fed up with sometimes. xD! But, I think it's just because I want to do it so much.

®îñí Ïkãtå®û

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:38 am
Insight Communications HUH?
Well we have AT&T, yahoo browser for our internet. (though I use firefox now)
And I've never had any problems. Maybe you should think about swiching.
Especially if you like to torrent stuff alot. But that's just my opinion.
Kentuky huh, never been there.
"I'z been liv'n in da good ol kansas fur ma entire life now"

Well I'm not an uptight christian, a redneck, or a gansta wannabe.
I know what you mean about liking to do something SO much that everyone else gets tired of it.
(we obsessive people are all alone all the time aren't we) crying  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:58 pm
No, dude, that's not what I do. rolleyes When I like something, but don't think it's the greatest, I just don't go on about it so much. When you talk about a new anime, you have the same tone in your voice and use the same words as when you talk about your favorites. How do you expect anyone to know the difference? xp

Lol, wigger? lol I've never even heard that word before. I'll have to ask this girl at work tomorrow. She knows all about being a gangsta wannabe. 3nodding

Screw fitting in. I don't, and I don't wanna. whee

Got news for you, dude. blaugh Dad's side of the family is all redneck, which means you are at least half. And you have some redneck behaviors too. xp

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:59 am
OMFG. No way. We had AT&T for about two years and it was hell. They were always charging us ******** up amounts. rolleyes AT&T may be okay in other areas but it's a piece of s**t here. xD Insight offers the best speeds and is about $40 a month cheaper than AT&T was for us. *shrugs* blaugh

Oh, and actually....I talked to someone not but two or three weeks ago who has AT&T internet and they were complaining because their internet had gotten shut off for a week for this same reason...so I'd just advise you to be careful. .....I'm guessing you've just been lucky enough or the branch in your state/town just doesn't care that much.

®îñí Ïkãtå®û

Ikataru

Fluffy Bunny

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:29 am
purpleravenhawk
No, dude, that's not what I do.

Well that's good to hear. If I like something I figure I should talk about it.

purpleravenhwk
Got news for you, dude.

WAAA!!! I don't wanna be a redneck. gonk

rini ikataru
We had AT&T for about two years and it was hell.

Well that sux. Maybe it does just depend on where you live.
Yay for lazy branches. Well I don't torrent all the time, just like, two or three days out of two or three weeks (or longer if I'm busy with other stuff) is all. And I've never tried torrenting anything as popular as naruto (though I don't know if that even has anything to do with it). It's probably that lazy branch thing that you think it might be. Because before I started torrenting, purple torrented alot, and a friend of mine torrents too (though not as much as me). And we've never lost our internet.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:29 pm
*Shrugs* It all depends on your ISP and how they feel. You're just lucky.

®îñí Ïkãtå®û

Ikataru

Fluffy Bunny

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:08 pm
Well, if ISPs operate at all like the gov'ment, then they just pick random people to focus on for a while. If that's so, then it's unlikely that we'll ever get in any trouble, but not impossible. User Image  
Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff