Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:21 pm
Waynebrizzle
The WTF Ninja
Waynebrizzle
Trenn Flashkill
Zephyrkitty
Trenn Flashkill
No, it should count. It's just that Wii Sports cheated. Hard.

How many re-releases have there been of SMB again? I'd accuse SMB of cheating more than I'd accuse Wii Sports.

That said, I enjoyed the time I put into SMB much more than the time I put into Wii Sports.

Well yea, they both cheated. The only reason I'd say Wii Sports is more of a big fat cheater because it's almost unavoidable to purchase it. I'd argue most of the SMB sales were because people specifically wanted it.

But it's agreed. Wii Sports sold more, but still doesn't match the level of SMB. Not even close.

SMB was bundled with the NES.

And a lot of people bought the NES.

I was just pointing it out since Trenn seems to think it wasn't.

I never said it wasn't. I just thought SMB got a more significant percentage of its sales outside of being bundled. Apparently not. xd

You know what then? ******** both those games. Pokemon Red/Blue/Green's sales chart is much more impressive.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:24 pm
Trenn Flashkill
Waynebrizzle
The WTF Ninja
Waynebrizzle
Trenn Flashkill

Well yea, they both cheated. The only reason I'd say Wii Sports is more of a big fat cheater because it's almost unavoidable to purchase it. I'd argue most of the SMB sales were because people specifically wanted it.

But it's agreed. Wii Sports sold more, but still doesn't match the level of SMB. Not even close.

I never said it wasn't. I just thought SMB got a more significant percentage of its sales outside of being bundled. Apparently not. xd

You know what then? ******** both those games. Pokemon Red/Blue/Green's sales chart is much more impressive.

And didn't either Super Mario 64 or Pokemon Blue/Red/Yellow have the best gross rate per capita buy sprout ever?  

Dude-LAP

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:24 am
Trenn Flashkill
Waynebrizzle
The WTF Ninja
Waynebrizzle
Trenn Flashkill

Pokemon is like the god of all game sales.

I don't get the point of this thread. Wii Sports isn't meant to be a big deal. It's just bundled to show what the console can do, and it does. It's not like sales numbers are correlated with the quality of the game anyway.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:31 am
Waynebrizzle
I don't get the point of this thread.
Well, I mean, at least I thought it was interesting that SMB was dethroned.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Kammesennin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:34 am
Regulust
Kammesennin
shows how long we've gone without games being packaged with our consoles... except the SNES it had a game with it, but the game changed from time to time. At one point it was SMW, then DKC... so I guess the SNES pre-packaged game wouldn't come close.

Every console I've bought came bundled with a game.

NES - SMB
SNES - SMW
N64 - OOT?
GCN - Wind Waker
Wii - Wii sports
360 - Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Forza
ps2 - .... well almost all of them.

I was speaking about launch-time for the consoles (aside from the SNES portion of the rant) in which case, N64, GCN, 360, PS2... no game was bundled. I am absolutely aware that afterwards they began packaging games with them.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:16 pm
Wii sport Suxs XD  

Jiggly Type

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out