Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:17 pm
auS-e-Dude
Tatsuman
auS-e-Dude
Tatsuman
auS-e-Dude
Tatsuman
Nope. That's milking. Mario's games are usually damn good.

Have you played Sonic 06? Shadow the Hedgehog?

Come on man, Mario-whoring and Sonic-zombification aren't even in the same league. xP

I actually have played both of those games. I've beat Sonic 06. I lent out Shadow and can't be stuffed asking for it back. They were alright. Fun.

._O

You and I have very different definitions of fun. Sonic 06 is the worst game I've seen in a very long time. Shadow wasn't much better.

What was so bad about Sonic 06? It was a fine game.
There wasn't anything good about it.

The story was awful, the Voice Acting was awful, the Voice Syncing was worse, the loading times were reminiscent of the Sega CD, the game had so many glitches that it was barely playable, the plot is full of so many holes that it's unbearable, the gameplay itself was sloppy and not fun *crucial part*, Shadow is in it...

And worst of all, Robotnik was skinny.

I rest my case.

I give you marks for awful story. Since when has a 3D Sonic had good voice scyncing? They weren't that bad loading times, a bit longer than normal. Now I am against you on the glitches. I didn't experience a single glitch, except for freezing in place for a few seconds, and whole game needs to be turned off freezings. See first point. Gameplay wasn't sloppy. A slower Adventure 2 maybe, but certainly not sloppy. But Shadow didn't have a gun, so it's all good.
And indeed he was, but it wasn't game breaking.

Sad thing is, they could've just made the story "Robotnik's up to stuff again. GO!" and avoided the beastiality. >.>

You must misunderstand, there's bad voice syncing, then there's Godzilla movies, then there's Sonic 06. I'm not talking about bad voice syncing, I'm talking about voice syncing so horrible that I could pull up audio from a random movie from the 50s and have it fit just as well as the voices in the game.

You can't tell me those loading times weren't awful, dude. They were frequent, and they were ridiculously long.
I once had a PC designed for Windows 95 that was running Windows XP. It's loading times between actions were only marginally worse than Sonic 06.

I've been stuck inside bosses and unable to move while they kill me, thrown through walls, fallen through floors, been stuck in boxes, and a bit of freezing here and there like the cherry on a sundae. xP

It was slow indeed, but that's not my point. The game had no flow. It was no fun to play. Silver's stages were the only bearable ones, and they were still riddled with glitches anyway.

Robotnik wasn't Robotnik. That's pretty much as game breaking as it gets. >.>  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:09 pm
I_love_Inuyasha1
Crazy Cray
I_love_Inuyasha1
Sonic in 3D has died. The only good game for awhile has been the Rush series.
He should just be in 2D from now on... =(
I totally agree.

The only 3D Sonic game I liked was Adventure. The second was crap though. And Shadow sucks s**t.

Whoa... whoa. Why don't you like the second? D=
Best Sonic game EVER.
Shadow isn't bad... just his game is.
I wondered why you liked him until I saw your name.
Pretty much sums up your opinion, honestly... Not to be a d**k but...

I noticed that after he was created/shat out, Sonic fans turned to 12 year old, Linkin Park listening, faggots. And I'm damn well certain it had to do with Shadow.

I mean, even his NAME screams it.

Crazy Cray

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:29 pm
Crazy Cray

Not to be a d**k but...

not to be a d**k but your opinion is s**t  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:35 pm
Crazy Cray
I wondered why you liked him until I saw your name.

Not to be a d**k, but you're as bad as the people who think girls can't play video games.  

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

SylFariun

Distinct Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:33 pm
I want to meet the idiot who suggested the whole "Werehog night stages OMGZ!!" idea and punch him the face. Sonic Unleashed is super fun with the day stages, but I despise the "2 running levels then 5 really slow nighttime werehog levels". So untill I see someone spazzing out online about a newer sonic with just running levels I might take interest but till then I'll just stick to the classic sonic games and pray sonic doesnt drift off into the Megaman nothing but sequel after sequel with nothing that works.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:35 pm
Kenshin Kura
I want to meet the idiot who suggested the whole "Werehog night stages OMGZ!!" idea and punch him the face. Sonic Unleashed is super fun with the day stages, but I despise the "2 running levels then 5 really slow nighttime werehog levels". So untill I see someone spazzing out online about a newer sonic with just running levels I might take interest but till then I'll just stick to the classic sonic games and pray sonic doesnt drift off into the Megaman nothing but sequel after sequel with nothing that works.
I enjoy the new Megaman games sad
ZX and ZXA are both really fun. Hell, even the RPG esque games are cool. (I've only played the starforce one, but I've heard that it's at least similar to the Battle Network games...)
And I think the problem most people are having with Sonic is that they don't just stick to one good thing. They keep changing it by a rather large amount.  

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200

SylFariun

Distinct Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:49 pm
dragn99
Kenshin Kura
I enjoy the new Megaman games sad
ZX and ZXA are both really fun. Hell, even the RPG esque games are cool. (I've only played the starforce one, but I've heard that it's at least similar to the Battle Network games...)
And I think the problem most people are having with Sonic is that they don't just stick to one good thing. They keep changing it by a rather large amount.

Honestly I havent played the newer ones >_> but I meant like the thousand and one battle networks they made, plus I just hate the werehog with a passion, I missed platforms that I didnt even know were possible to miss and on those pole jumps and ledges where his arm stretched it just seemed hit or miss.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:52 pm
auS-e-Dude
Tatsuman
auS-e-Dude
Tatsuman
Milking is putting it lightly.

They're just beating the crap out of him and selling what flies out. >.>

Just like Nintendo and Mario?
Nope. That's milking. Mario's games are usually damn good.

Have you played Sonic 06? Shadow the Hedgehog?

Come on man, Mario-whoring and Sonic-zombification aren't even in the same league. xP

I actually have played both of those games. I've beat Sonic 06. I lent out Shadow and can't be stuffed asking for it back. They were alright. Fun.

Beat one Story thing of Shadow
Turned off Wii
Went to my bathroom and forced myself to throw up. THAT'S how bad I thought shadow was.

But yeah, I do think that with Mario, they do put some new idea but they have more time because more people play spin-offs and other games. So even though they milk Mario, they have enough time to make the games good. Sonic though......they're starting to get their @$$es in gear a little bit.  

MaverickDrifter

Tatsuman

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:28 pm
*shadowH8*
Not to be a d**k, but I agree with A-Dude. >.>

Werehog sucked, Battle Network was decent until overkill, ZX and ZXA own hardcore, etc.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:27 am
sega has now become a third party company not really focused on making games anymore. they sold out all their characters to nintendo. which is why we get all these crappy sega games like "sega superstar tennis"...rediculous...  

Reson

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:09 am
Reson
sega has now become a third party company not really focused on making games anymore. they sold out all their characters to nintendo. which is why we get all these crappy sega games like "sega superstar tennis"...rediculous...

Who did they sell to Nintendo?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:14 am
Waynebrizzle
Reson

Who did they sell to Nintendo?
So far as I know... they didn't.  

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200

DJNanners

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:47 am
Reson

By your logic that means that The 360 and ps3 sonic games are my imagination then?  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff