no....
17%
 17%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 46

Dude-LAP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:14 pm
Nothing was ever wrong with Gamecube. It was great. Fun times... biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:18 pm
Gamecube was awsome but alot of people looked down upon it as a being too "kiddie" GTA, metal gear,FF and ect caused alot of people to switch home consoles (it still goes on as we speak with the wii)

more and more people are idioticly choosing graphics over gameplay on sum occasions

besides that 1st person shooters are taking over ... D:

im the only one with a wiii amungs friends.....but i dont mind. i'll always be a Nintendo fanboy...with sum sony

ZELDA FTW XD  

Jiggly Type

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:21 pm
When did the GameCube go wrong, full stop? confused  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:23 pm
Meta_Fish
You could plan LAN games online using Project Warpipe, an unnofficial workaround. Kirby Air Ride, 1080 Avalanche (I think) and Double Dash. I don't see how you can b***h about the graphics of the GameCube. That's retarded. It was stronger than the PS2, anyway.

Yea...but imagine trying to work with the specs the gamecube had...sure the graphics card was better but the processors sucked crusty nutz.  

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

DragonKazooie89

Invisible Explorer

22,575 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:21 pm
Waynebrizzle
Allegro
dragn99
Well, it did have online support. It's just that nobody used it, because hardly any games were online.
Name a game besides Double Dash and Phantasy Star that had online. neutral

Wait Double Dash had online?

No, it was LAN play. The Gamecube was also able to connect to GBA games and the GBA player let you play your Game Boy, Game boy Color and GBA games on the big screen but I guess that didn't help either.

Also I think it was because the PS2 could play DVDs and CDs while the Gamecube couldn't and games like Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 and the Final Fantasy games.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:08 pm
Gamecube was great. It was an awesome system.
Me being Nintendo faithful was worth in my opinion.
Even though Square Enix ripped off Nintendo by only giving
them Crystal Chronicles.  

--DemonAce Tyrus--

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:34 pm
I think the GameCube may actually be my favorite console, now that I really sit down and think about it. It had so many games I love.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:49 am
xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx
Yea...but imagine trying to work with the specs the gamecube had...sure the graphics card was better but the processors sucked crusty nutz.
If the CPU sucked so much, why is Microsoft's Xbox 360 CPU based on a similar design?

The GameCube's CPU was over twice as powerful as the PS2's and far more efficient as the Xbox (since it used a Pentium). The GameCube used the fastest memory available at the time and it took over a year for it's ATi GPU to be available to PC gamers. It's 8-cm disc drive loaded faster than standard DVD drives and it supported digital output as well as 60Hz.

The GameCube, much like the Dreamcast, is a brilliant piece of design, but it was simply overshadowed by competitors that constantly boasted about either larger disc capacity, higher Megahurtz0rz or certain 'killer apps' that the GameCube lacked.

The really good games for the GameCube appeared after it's first 3 years on the market, you have to admit that. That's no good, people already created their image by then.

XIII, I bought this FPS on GameCube and a friend bought it on Xbox. I find the GameCube's graphics to be superior and the sound effects much clearer. Not only that, but the loading times are clearly better in the GameCube version.  

Bodewyn

Starthur

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:39 am
Nothing went wrong. It was a wonderful system in my opinion.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:15 pm
Chain Drive
Nothing went wrong. It was a wonderful system in my opinion.

GandaKris

Dude-LAP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:38 pm
KMeLzzzzZ
Gamecube was awsome but alot of people looked down upon it as a being too "kiddie" GTA, metal gear,FF and ect caused alot of people to switch home consoles (it still goes on as we speak with the wii)

more and more people are idioticly choosing graphics over gameplay on sum occasions

besides that 1st person shooters are taking over ... D:

im the only one with a wiii amungs friends.....but i dont mind. i'll always be a Nintendo fanboy...with sum sony

ZELDA FTW XD

Same. I am the only one among my friends with a Wii and Gamecube. Most of them had an N64, but since then, most have switched to Playstation and Xbox. I like those other two systems, but I will always remain most loyal to Nintendo.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:01 am
I will never ever trade in my beloved gamecube, the only problem is, I can't find the games anywhere anymore, it just seems as if people have completely given up on it. But it's time will come, i'm sure it will be recognised one day.  

m00_m00

6,400 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Overstocked 200

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:58 am
Even if I play my Cube games on the Wii, I'm never gonna let go of that boxy wonder.

I remember on an old episode of X-Play, that it managed to stand up to the most abuse, better than the PS2, and DEFINITELY better than the XBox, and STILL play a game properly.

Most that ever happened was that it's disc cover had to be held down.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:11 pm
Bodewyn
xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx
If the CPU sucked so much, why is Microsoft's Xbox 360 CPU based on a similar design?

The GameCube's CPU was over twice as powerful as the PS2's and far more efficient as the Xbox (since it used a Pentium).

The GameCube used the fastest memory available at the time and it took over a year for it's ATi GPU to be available to PC gamers. It's 8-cm disc drive loaded faster than standard DVD drives and it supported digital output as well as 60Hz.

The GameCube, much like the Dreamcast, is a brilliant piece of design, but it was simply overshadowed by competitors that constantly boasted about either larger disc capacity, higher Megahurtz0rz or certain 'killer apps' that the GameCube lacked.

The really good games for the GameCube appeared after it's first 3 years on the market, you have to admit that. That's no good, people already created their image by then.

XIII, I bought this FPS on GameCube and a friend bought it on Xbox. I find the GameCube's graphics to be superior and the sound effects much clearer. Not only that, but the loading times are clearly better in the GameCube version.

I'll dumb down my explanation on it. It was like watching an anime on a streaming site that was better to watch in medium or low quality. You know it could of done better somehow

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

Dude-LAP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:11 pm
TtheHero
Even if I play my Cube games on the Wii, I'm never gonna let go of that boxy wonder.

I remember on an old episode of X-Play, that it managed to stand up to the most abuse, better than the PS2, and DEFINITELY better than the XBox, and STILL play a game properly.

Most that ever happened was that it's disc cover had to be held down.

Yep, the ultimate toy. Played games and withstood torture.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff