Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Crazy Cray

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:25 am
digimonfan734
Waynebrizzle
Crazy Cray
teh emoogle boy26
It's the system that some people want to see fail.
The Under-Dog, right?

Or the misunderstood hero.

Like when most people in New York city hated Spider-Man.

Yeah, the Wii is like Spider-Man. And the PS3 is Venom. And the Xbox 360 is IRON MAN. What the crap am I talking about.

You're talking about Super Heroes and game consoles.

But seriously, all the games that look kinda kiddy actually turn out good, like wind waker. And with the ability to play GCN games, the Wii should be PWNING in sales
God forbid games not be about muscle headed guys with big ******** guns, right?
Think outside of the box, Christ...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:41 am
Owwin
Meta_Fish
Oh yeah, true enough. I still think that the motion controls have a lot more potential than what's been tapped into by most developers. For most games, waggle replaces a single button, and the pointer is actually used more.
The tilt function has potential. You know that minigame in warioware smooth moves where you play Starfox? I want Starfox wii to be like that if we get one.
Same here. I like stuff like racing games with the Wiimote, I just wish more games used tilt rather than waggle.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

smile into the chaos

Feisty Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:33 pm
You really would think that there would be more Wii games, good ones, that revolutionized the way the controls work.

However, people hold the standards of games like Twilight Princess, Brawl, and first-party titles to everything else, which is why many Wii anticipators might be let down.

But if you look at games like Soul Calibur Legends (yes, I went there), WarioWare: Smooth Moves, Okami, and even Trauma Center, you'll see where the developers got the controls right, or at least close to the idea that we all had when we wet ourselves upon hearing the Wii announced.
Even Super Paper Mario has its sporadic strengths in that aspect.

Anyway, it really does depend on everyone's individual tastes for what could be called crap. So far, I'm really not that disappointed with the Wii at all. If anything, the DS could stand to get off its a** and get with some good games.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:26 pm
All that I'm asking for is one modern time shooter, just one. Then us people who are calling for a hardcore game will shut up and be satisfied. Many of the games that have already came out are alike.

...Not having Call of Duty 4 come out for the Wii was a bummer. But The Conduit looks promising.  

Dude-LAP

Owwin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:49 pm
Dude-LAP
All that I'm asking for is one modern time shooter, just one. Then us people who are calling for a hardcore game will shut up and be satisfied. Many of the games that have already came out are alike.

...Not having Call of Duty 4 come out for the Wii was a bummer. But The Conduit looks promising.
I want to see them use the balance board as the cover pedal for a Time Crisis Wii.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:44 am
Owwin
Dude-LAP

I want to see them use the balance board as the cover pedal for a Time Crisis Wii.

That would be pretty cool.  

Dude-LAP

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:39 pm
l-Kathulu-l
The wii outsold the 360. Then it outsold the PS3, PS2, and PSP combined. I'm pretty sure its fine, it just doesnt have that many hardcore games out yet.

But The Wii does already have all the main franchises...well except Star Fox.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:08 pm
Regulust
l-Kathulu-l
The wii outsold the 360. Then it outsold the PS3, PS2, and PSP combined. I'm pretty sure its fine, it just doesnt have that many hardcore games out yet.

and F Zero. A wi fi F zero would be incredible.  

Owwin

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:32 pm
Owwin
Regulust
l-Kathulu-l

Might be of a lesser quality as past ones though, since Sega made the previous F Zero one.

Man that was ******** hard.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:47 pm
auS-e-Dude
Owwin
Might be of a lesser quality as past ones though, since Sega made the previous F Zero one.
Wait, what? What do you mean?  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Owwin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:01 pm
Meta_Fish
auS-e-Dude
Owwin
Don't you know? Amusement Vision made GX. They were a subsidiary of Sega like Smilebit (my favorite of the Sega subs) He means that EAD might not be able to make one as good as GX because they didn't work on the last one.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:18 pm
Owwin
The wii, isn't failing, but the article is asking if it is failing to live up to it's potential. I think it is. Like the article says. You have to shovel through a lot of shovelware to get to the prizes. Nintendo is sort of at fault I think. Nintendo's games are a "beacon of quality", but the company allows too much crap through. In my opinion Nintendo's only mistake this generation is handing out the Golden Seal too freely. I say that if you want your game to have that beautiful starburst you better damn well earn it.

I agree entirely. Well said.

And I do believe it was Spider Robinson who had once said, "90% of anything is total crap."

So with that philosophy, 90% of the other guy's games suck too.  

GrowingDandelion

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:12 pm
Owwin
Meta_Fish
auS-e-Dude
Owwin
Don't you know? Amusement Vision made GX. They were a subsidiary of Sega like Smilebit (my favorite of the Sega subs) He means that EAD might not be able to make one as good as GX because they didn't work on the last one.
But didn't they make the other ones? >_> I mean, I don't see why he thinks that Nintendo couldn't/wouldn't make an F-Zero as good as GX.

And of all people, Sega making one better than them?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:55 pm
Meta_Fish
Owwin
Meta_Fish
auS-e-Dude
Owwin
But didn't they make the other ones? >_> I mean, I don't see why he thinks that Nintendo couldn't/wouldn't make an F-Zero as good as GX.

And of all people, Sega making one better than them?

Sega's subdivisions aren't Sega. And they look to be making better games than Nintendo for 2009. Hell, lots of third parties are. It's a good thing too. I wouldn't be very content playing a remake of Punch-Out all year, no matter how awesome it was.  

Waynebrizzle

Devil Jinn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:59 pm
Sadly, yes.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items