Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
Blah Ice XP Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ice
  Blah
View Results

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:35 pm
Ha! No one is completely predictable!

*runs around like a maniac*

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:16 pm
True (i'd like to see you really do that - LOL)

But I'm talking about the PERCENTAGE of the times that you are right, versus the times that you are wrong.  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:27 pm
Well, in that case... twisted You can increase the percentage of correct guesses on your part simply by studying psychology. I can observe a random stranger in the grocery store for 60 seconds and tell you about their family, their job, and which political party they voted for. I can also tell you, with about 75% accuracy, how they will respond in almost any given situation, theoretical or otherwise. So there. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:11 pm
And I state that there is a high probability that you would be wrong on about half that stuff due to pure chance or you overlooking something.

There are simply too many unknown variables for you to be accurate about someone that you have never met before, let alone spent any time with.

I believe that phychology can only get you so far. No matter how long anyone studies the subject, they will never be sherlock holmes.

The problem with most psychologists is that they study one thing for so long, that they begin to think that it's true for everyone. And then they begin to overlook the subtle details that also play a role in molding peoples personalities. You can't just take a look at one thing, and say that you've figured that person out. It just doesn't work like that.

(and yes, I realize that I could be accused of doing the exact same thing)  

xwhateverxdudex

JanNut

5,950 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:18 pm
You siblings are crazy xp

P.S. I did not read Dude's last post. It was imply too long neutral rofl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:04 am
If we were talking about the universe or something more broad than humans, I would agree with you, Dude. But people are predictable by their very nature. We are creatures of habit. On top of that, people in the same country generally share the same culture, making them even more predictable to one another. I would decrease my projected accuracy rating to about 50% if I were asked to observe and speculate about someone from a different country. Part of being a good psychologist, or forensic scientist or anything like that, is paying attention to the details. Someone who doesn't will most certainly miss their guesses a lot and would not be considered very good at their job. But I pay attention to details. 3nodding I never assume that I know everything about a person, but I am confident that I can infer a great deal about them through observation. Not their inner thoughts, of course, but their habit, actions, and general life.

Yes, JanNut, we're crazy. We're all crazy.

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:30 pm
Then "infer" away. (just not about me please)

YAY CRAZY !!!  
Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces