Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:49 pm
GuruGuru214
GuruGuru214
Not counting the nunchuck or instruments, I use the classic controller the most, but I hesitate to put it at the top of my list. I love the button layout, but the shape sucks. The thing is totally a shapeless oval that's not made to fit a person's hands. That was my favorite thing about the GameCube controller and my biggest disappointment with the classic controller. I do really like the classic controller, I just would've been happier with that button layout on something with a better shape to it.

Huh. Complain to the internet and you shall receive, apparently.

Hello Dualshock.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:26 am

Best Wii Accessory: Recharging Wiimote & Wii Cooling Fan stands.

Worst Wii Accessory: Any attachment to the Wiimote that's solely for looks. ie; wi sports attachments and lightsaber attachments.

Syn of Sin

GuruGuru214

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:34 pm
Waynebrizzle
GuruGuru214
GuruGuru214
Not counting the nunchuck or instruments, I use the classic controller the most, but I hesitate to put it at the top of my list. I love the button layout, but the shape sucks. The thing is totally a shapeless oval that's not made to fit a person's hands. That was my favorite thing about the GameCube controller and my biggest disappointment with the classic controller. I do really like the classic controller, I just would've been happier with that button layout on something with a better shape to it.

Hello Dualshock.

Correction: Complain to the internet and the internet throws a middle finger back at you.

Hello eBay.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:06 pm
GuruGuru214
Waynebrizzle
GuruGuru214
GuruGuru214

Hello Dualshock.

Correction: Complain to the internet and the internet throws a middle finger back at you.

Hello eBay.

I'm not complaining very much, actually. I prefer the original Classic Controller, personally. After all, that thing was designed to play retro video games in the Virtual Console.

To be fair, though, it could work for N64 games, but that's about it.  

The_Ky-Guy

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:15 pm
I say the classic controller is the worst in terms of usefulness. The only reason you would get it is for Virtual Console games for TurboGrafx 16 since GCN controller only plays some of them. Also chances are pretty high if you can use the classic on a game you can use GCN as well. Haven't ran into one game that doesn't do that yet.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:11 pm
KyuubiNaruto4
I say the classic controller is the worst in terms of usefulness. The only reason you would get it is for Virtual Console games for TurboGrafx 16 since GCN controller only plays some of them. Also chances are pretty high if you can use the classic on a game you can use GCN as well. Haven't ran into one game that doesn't do that yet.

While the Gamecube controller is compatible with all Virtual Console games except for some of the Turbografx-16 ones, it is horrible for every single one of them except for N64 games.

This is especially the case for SNES games. One time, I tried to play Super Mario World on a Gamecube controller, just to see what it would feel like. I found it extremely difficult to do many things on that game, including the running jump. If I couldn't play that game on the Gamecube controller, then I dread about what the other games would be like on it.

So yeah, the Classic Controller isn't the worst accessory ever. End of story.  

The_Ky-Guy

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:26 pm
The_Ky-Guy
KyuubiNaruto4

While the Gamecube controller is compatible with all Virtual Console games except for some of the Turbografx-16 ones, it is horrible for every single one of them except for N64 games.

This is especially the case for SNES games. One time, I tried to play Super Mario World on a Gamecube controller, just to see what it would feel like. I found it extremely difficult to do many things on that game, including the running jump. If I couldn't play that game on the Gamecube controller, then I dread about what the other games would be like on it.

*Wrong Answer Buzz* Sorry dude I got three games for SNES and I have no trouble beating them using a GCN controller. Games are Super Metroid, Super Mario RPG, and Gradius III. I would count Super Mario Brothers 3 but it is NES and only has two buttons you use A & B.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:58 pm
KyuubiNaruto4
The_Ky-Guy
KyuubiNaruto4

*Wrong Answer Buzz* Sorry dude I got three games for SNES and I have no trouble beating them using a GCN controller. Games are Super Metroid, Super Mario RPG, and Gradius III. I would count Super Mario Brothers 3 but it is NES and only has two buttons you use A & B.

I'm sorry, but I think the right answer "ding" was what I needed to hear.

How can you play Super Metroid with the Gamecube Controller? I wanted to ask you because the Gamecube Controller clearly wasn't designed for SNES games, as I learned the hard way with Super Mario World. Also, there is no "Select" button on the Gamecube Controller, therefore it is more difficult to access features that required that button because its alternative, the "Z" button, was up by the shoulder buttons, rather than conveniently next to the "Start" button.

Also, the "ABXY" setup is really awkward, which was the reason I had a hell of a time performing a running jump Super Mario World, not to mention the directional pad isn't level with those buttons and the thumbstick is a pain in the a** for 2D games.

It doesn't matter what you say. Since I played an actual SNES, I could never, ever play SNES games with a Gamecube Controller. It's simply impossible for me.  

The_Ky-Guy

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:24 pm
The_Ky-Guy
KyuubiNaruto4
The_Ky-Guy
KyuubiNaruto4

I'm sorry, but I think the right answer "ding" was what I needed to hear.

How can you play Super Metroid with the Gamecube Controller? I wanted to ask you because the Gamecube Controller clearly wasn't designed for SNES games, as I learned the hard way with Super Mario World. Also, there is no "Select" button on the Gamecube Controller, therefore it is more difficult to access features that required that button because its alternative, the "Z" button, was up by the shoulder buttons, rather than conveniently next to the "Start" button.

Also, the "ABXY" setup is really awkward, which was the reason I had a hell of a time performing a running jump Super Mario World, not to mention the directional pad isn't level with those buttons and the thumbstick is a pain in the a** for 2D games.

It doesn't matter what you say. Since I played an actual SNES, I could never, ever play SNES games with a Gamecube Controller. It's simply impossible for me.

Would it help if I stated what I had each button assigned to on Super Metroid? Granted I was slow on beating since I like playing my games not blazing through just to see a picture of Samus when I could look it up on the internet, without the hassle. Oh let me add 3 more games to that list of mine of SNES games I have played with a GCN controller and beaten, Megamans X 1, 2, and 3. Got them from Megaman X Collection for the GCN, playing X6 right GO ZERO!!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:42 pm
While it's a fact that the devs spend more time mapping the classic controller's buttons, the Gamecube controller works well enough.

I personally haven't used the GC controller with anything since I got the classic, though.  

Waynebrizzle

GuruGuru214

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:06 pm
While I love the GameCube controller and couldn't possibly figure out how they could improve upon it while we were waiting for them to reveal the Revolution controller (hindsight, right?), the only time I've ever chosen it over the classic controller is to do the conveyor belt trick for stickers and CDs in Brawl using one Wavebird and two recievers (I'd use more if I had more).

Also, I think I may have figured out the clips. After seeing the classic controller pro, I think the clips may have been intended for a snap-on grip of some sort.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:24 pm
I hate how in order to use the 1 and 2 buttons on the Wii remote while in a game, you have to move your hand awkwardly and uncomfortably. I play Madden a lot, and you use the 1 button to strip the ball. It's not natural at all, and it needs to be timed right.  

Dude-LAP

teh emoogle boy

Steadfast Browser

5,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:41 pm
The zapper or the Wii condom are the worst for sure.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:43 am
The_Ky-Guy
KyuubiNaruto4

A quote from wikipedia regarding your "problem"

Some reviewers have reported that games play differently due to the different controllers. Super Mario World, for instance, has been cited as more difficult to play due to the GameCube controller's button placement. The Classic Controller, which has buttons arranged differently, in a fashion very similar to that of the Super Nintendo's controller, or an adapter that allows a SNES controller to plug into the Wii's GameCube controller port, work as a better alternatives. The Nintendo 64 controller featured more face buttons than either the GameCube or Classic Controller, so most N64 games released so far have mapped the C-buttons to the right analog stick and the Z button to the L button on the Classic controller, which some reviewers have described to be somewhat awkward.

Either way you look at there is one thing I always do before downloading a VC game onto my Wii...TRY IT OUT ON MY COMPUTER USING A KEYBOARD AS A CONTROLLER!!!

If I have no trouble playing it like that I won't have any trouble playing it with a GCN controller. But if that doesn't work for ya how about looking up the game to see if you can alter the buttons. Megaman Xs 1, 2, and 3 do that so does Super Metroid and Gradius III. Can't remember if Super Mario RPG does that as well...oh well didn't have any trouble beating it so no worries.

I don't do 64 games on my Wii. If I want to play those I will just hook my N64 and use it instead of spending money on a game I already have. All but like three of the games on the VC for N64 I have or some variant of it on my Gamecube.  

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items