Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Most over-used game plot/ gaming cliches Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mecca_Fish

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:17 pm
I enjoy this thread.

Although I kind of disagree on the overused pilgrimage plot. How many games do it aside from FFX and ToS?

Plus, ToS had a whole other layer to it compared to FFX, which was awesome.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:20 pm
Allegro
-Zephyrotica-
Do you know what I don't see enough of in a game?

Musical numbers.

Atlus beat you to it.

Also, Huntr is probably referencing the opera scene from FF6, and shame on you for not remembering it. Give me your FF fangirl badge NOW.

I almost commented, but then I scrolled down. Beaten to the punch by Al.
The FF6 Opera Scene is my favorite part of any FF game to date.  

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Allegro

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:23 pm
Wantcookie
Allegro
-Zephyrotica-
Do you know what I don't see enough of in a game?

Musical numbers.

Atlus beat you to it.

Also, Huntr is probably referencing the opera scene from FF6, and shame on you for not remembering it. Give me your FF fangirl badge NOW.

I almost commented, but then I scrolled down. Beaten to the punch by Al.
The FF6 Opera Scene is my favorite part of any FF game to date.

Oh, my hero....  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:25 pm
AND NOW I WILL TAKE OVER THE WORLD/UNIVERSE/EVERYTHING!!!!!

Pinky and The Brain  

Trop003

CaptainBaconMan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:58 pm
RedMan351
CaptainBaconMan
a p***s in yoor butt

wtf? ive nvr played a game like that before. what kind of games are u playing? lol. nvm, i dont want to know. confused what u do in ur own time is your business. lol

Oh you mean video games? I thought you were asking what plot I used when me and my boyfriend played sex games. lol sorry  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:18 pm
CaptainBaconMan
RedMan351
CaptainBaconMan
a p***s in yoor butt

wtf? ive nvr played a game like that before. what kind of games are u playing? lol. nvm, i dont want to know. confused what u do in ur own time is your business. lol

Oh you mean video games? I thought you were asking what plot I used when me and my boyfriend played sex games. lol sorry

lol. the title says game cliches.  

RedMan351

smile into the chaos

Feisty Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:22 pm
Anything involving the princess getting kidnapped. With Peach, we all know her and Bowser are just having some kinky mushroom/dinosaur affair, but regardless. Enough with the damsel crap.

We've got Super Princess Peach, but what about Zelda? How about Link gets kidnapped and you have to fight through the game as Zelda, who uses her various emotions to turn into tornados allowing her to fly and to set herself on fire?
(This is sarcasm, by the way. SPP, was, I admit, despite my dislike of Peach, a decent idea, but using emotions as "powers"? That's ridiculously stereotypical.)

PS - Ike's sword really isn't that big, especially when compared to the other large sword wielders in the VG world.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:26 pm
Zephyrkitty

FTW! talk2hand  

Thorz

Ruthless Raider

22,250 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Battle Hardened 150

KeyBlader1

Thieving Rogue

16,140 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Mimosa: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:35 pm
KyuubiNaruto4

Eggman/Evil Person is trying to take over the world quick find the 7 chaos emeralds and Sonic will defeat him/her?/it. Real original. stare

Seven Chaos Emeralds, Seven Super Emeralds, Seven Sol Emeralds, Seven Star Spirits, Seven Crystal Stars, Seven rings in hand....  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:51 pm
GAAAAAAH! how could no one say the more obvious ones.

You are trying to save a girl by running around odd worlds/towns. Kill the bad guy, and save you princess/captured broad, and get none.

Legend of Zelda, Mario Bros., Shadow of Callossous, anymore you can add. Quote and add to my list till we have all the games that have all of the games that line up with the above genre.

Running around in a party of people of indescribable races, using weapons that shouldn't be invented for another milenia, casting magic that harness the elements, and heal you allies. Killing giant monsters that get everyone in said party thinking, "How the F**k do we kill this thing?" Also, don't forget the scantily clad women you have in the party.

FF I, FF II, FF III, FFIV, FF V, FF VI, FF VII, FF VIII, FF IX, FF X, FF X2, FF XII, and I am guessing FF XIII. *Note* FF XI is an online RPG not following the favored Final Fantasy genre. The only things they have are every except the plot. Add more to this list as well.  

Devil Jinn

wariodude128

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:52 pm
KeyBlader1
KyuubiNaruto4

Eggman/Evil Person is trying to take over the world quick find the 7 chaos emeralds and Sonic will defeat him/her?/it. Real original. stare

Seven Chaos Emeralds, Seven Super Emeralds, Seven Sol Emeralds, Seven Star Spirits, Seven Crystal Stars, Seven rings in hand....

Sometimes makes you wonder if there's a number higher than seven eh?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:26 pm
Kaylipoo
Anything involving the princess getting kidnapped. With Peach, we all know her and Bowser are just having some kinky mushroom/dinosaur affair, but regardless. Enough with the damsel crap.

We've got Super Princess Peach, but what about Zelda? How about Link gets kidnapped and you have to fight through the game as Zelda, who uses her various emotions to turn into tornados allowing her to fly and to set herself on fire?
(This is sarcasm, by the way. SPP, was, I admit, despite my dislike of Peach, a decent idea, but using emotions as "powers"? That's ridiculously stereotypical.)

PS - Ike's sword really isn't that big, especially when compared to the other large sword wielders in the VG world.

I'm kinda hoping for the Zelda game where she says, "Screw it" and fixes everything up herself. Oh, right . . . Sheik . . . sweatdrop

But I was kinda disappointed in Twilight Princess when she has her sword and she's ready to fight, and then surrenders without doing anything. scream Oh, come on! I wanted to see blood on that dress!!

Point is, I want to see the damsel save their own rears for once instead of just sitting there doing nothing.  

GrowingDandelion

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:24 pm
kidnapped royalty.
dark wizard with dark asperations for the world.
evil alien organisation plotting to overthrow man.
to be the very best, like no one ever was.
the high score.
collect everything.
make the biggest thing.
gold medal everything.
complete a list.
find the meaning to the main characters existance. (usually to save the world)

just to name a few.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:55 pm
Kaylipoo

Concerning Zelda rescuing Link it was a major flop, could be just because it wasn't made by Nintendo but I doubt it.

A series of video games were developed and released for the Philips CD-i in the early 1990s as a product of a compromise between Philips and Nintendo, after the companies failed to develop a CD-based peripheral for the Super Nintendo. Created with no influence from Nintendo, the games are Link: The Faces of Evil, Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon, and Zelda's Adventure. The "trilogy" is a large departure from the rest of the series, and they are generally considered poor efforts by fans and reviewers alike. Nintendo has erased them from the Zelda canon, evidenced by their absence from any of Nintendo's websites and publications. The character designs and personalities used in the games appear to be based heavily on the cartoon series.  

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:02 pm