Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Super Mario's Next Super Awesome Adventure Thingy. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Owwin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:03 pm
Meta_Fish
Waynebrizzle
Meta_Fish
Waynebrizzle
He DID have that flying powerup, you just couldn't use it in most levels.
And that was an issue. The flying was nowhere near to the caliber of the flying in SM64, either.

Actually it was kind of better since you weren't hindered by gravity.

I like that they didn't glorify it. The other powerups are more fun.
Not being hindered by gravity makes it easier to use, but that's not what I want. XD I want to zip around at super speeds, dive straight for the ground and pull up at the last second to get huge air, and have fun. Galaxy's flying was slow and boring for me. You used it to get what, one star, and then you get it in the central hub?
I am with fish here. I want a flight powerup like the wing cap, a scaling powerup like the bee suit, and a speed powerup like a mix between the fun boosting and super speed of the turbo nozzle and the graceful spins and jumps of the ice flower. Can you imagine?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:11 pm
I would love to see a Super Mario Sunshine remake for the Wii. Imagine controlling the FLUDD water gear with the Wii remote!?!?!  

Dude-LAP

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:13 pm
Dude-LAP
I would love to see a Super Mario Sunshine remake for the Wii. Imagine controlling the FLUDD water gear with the Wii remote!?!?!

It wouldn't be THAT great. Ports are kind of a waste of time when we could have a new Mario game...  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:20 pm
I'm glad they simplified Wall Jumping to a point.

I can't even count the times I missed hitting the A button at the spit second, and fell into a world of hurt.

Oh and remember Wall Jumping at an angle, ever since Sunshine? Good stuff.

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:15 pm
I_love_Inuyasha1
Dude-LAP

It wouldn't be THAT great. Ports are kind of a waste of time when we could have a new Mario game...

Exactly.

@Owwin: I loved the bosses in Galaxy! I thought it was the series' best! Also, the Three Legger boss (The first reactor boss) was sort of like a colussus. You did get to climb on top of it and defeat it by utilizing it's weapons as a weapon against itself. Though I know that's not what you meant...  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:25 pm
I_love_Inuyasha1
Dude-LAP

Mhmm, controls are a small part of a game. Although I don't own Sunshine right now. So I wouldn't mind getting a Wii version. But nonetheless. The newer the better. Although it will be a while, I mean, we just got one. We generally get one epic Mario game per console, amirite?  

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

wariodude128

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:41 pm
I_love_Inuyasha1
Dude-LAP

Then I guess you'll just hate this port:
User Image
I think no further comment is necessary.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:46 pm
How about FLUDD in space? Anyone here see WALL-E?

Seriously though, another Mario in space would be fun, but if we ever saw it, I would want it to be a game or two down the road. It's easy to look back on games we loved and say that another game like it would be great, but for me the real thrill of it is in getting to experience new innovations for the first time. That was a huge part of what made Galaxy so great. Miyamoto had an idea that none of us (except for Jimmy Peterford) could've seen coming, and his team implemented it so well that it was an amazing experience when we got our hands on it. While another Mario in space would be fun, I'm sure, it just wouldn't have that same spark as Galaxy did.

Not to say that I wouldn't love to see things like the Ice Flower or Bee Shroom in a new game...  

GuruGuru214

Harusame Mizukishi

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:24 pm
TtheHero
The Not So Evil Deadite
Isn't Birdo a male? Or did they finally just change his/her gender to just being a her. If not, that would be creepy...Buffalo Bill creepy...

Well, Birdo's gender is still up in the air,

What I said was in a webcomic joke somewhere.

It still creeps me out, chills me more than snow,

Thinking about that Mystery Item of his/hers in Captain Rainbow...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:01 pm
Waynebrizzle
Yeah.

You can do that in 64 though. I didn't buy Mario Galaxy to use a powerup that is in 64.
I didn't either, but it would still have been a great bonus.

GuruGuru214
How about FLUDD in space? Anyone here see WALL-E?
I'd love to see FLUDD return in some way, maybe not as the accessory you wear the entire game, but maybe as something you use for some levels or a power up or something. I want to find out what the hell Piantissimo II does with the brush at the end of Sunshine, too.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Owwin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:27 pm
Meta_Fish
I'd love to see FLUDD return in some way, maybe not as the accessory you wear the entire game, but maybe as something you use for some levels or a power up or something. I want to find out what the hell Piantissimo II does with the brush at the end of Sunshine, too.
Are you sure you want to know Fish? That knowledge comes from a dark place.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:44 pm
Owwin
...and a speed powerup like a mix between the fun boosting and super speed of the turbo nozzle and the graceful spins and jumps of the ice flower. Can you imagine?

You mean a Sonic the Hedgehog power-up? I can imagine it now...

Anyhoo, I'd like to see another 2-d Mario game, with hand drawn graphics. New Super Mario Bros. 2.5-d look was ok, but did you see the animation calibur of Wario Land: Shake It?  

Trop003

Owwin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:51 pm
Trop003
Owwin
...and a speed powerup like a mix between the fun boosting and super speed of the turbo nozzle and the graceful spins and jumps of the ice flower. Can you imagine?

You mean a Sonic the Hedgehog power-up? I can imagine it now...

Anyhoo, I'd like to see another 2-d Mario game, with hand drawn graphics. New Super Mario Bros. 2.5-d look was ok, but did you see the animation calibur of Wario Land: Shake It?
Well if the Sonic team won't do it why can't Mario? Turbo Nozzle and ice flower were awesome.

I love Warioland, and Shake it was beautiful. It would be great to see a 6 golden coins style scenario done in that style. THAT IS IT! That is waht I want to see. Wario needs to return as the antagonist.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:40 pm
Speaking of Sonic, it's about time the two mascots got their own real game together. I'd actually wager that would be what Mario would be doing next.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

GuruGuru214

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:52 pm
I was going to make some sort of comparison to Kingdom Hearts, but it would probably be something more akin to the Crash Purple and Spyro orange games, wouldn't it? Or at least what I assume those games to be like, having never gone near them. I could absolutely see that working.

Maybe even throw in some of the other areas or alternate universes of each series, like Subcon, Angel Island, Isle Delfino, Rogueport and Flipside and their surrounding areas, maybe even the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog universe they borrowed for Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine. Just please, not the Sonic Storybook worlds. But anyway, now I'm getting closer to that Kingdom Hearts comparison.

...you know, come to think of it, there's a lot of similarities between Eggman and Wario. Both are fat, both have crazy mustaches and big noses, both have goggles...

...naw.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces