Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles Discussion:: Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Think it'll be worth it?
  Yes!!!!
  Pffft. Enough with this foolishness.
  Haven't made up my mind yet.
View Results

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:11 am
Well regardless, everyone is entitled to their opinion no matter what it may be.

O.o new word... what is retconning?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:24 am
Quote:
Retcon: Retroactive Continuity.

The common situation in fiction where a new story "reveals" things about events in previous stories, usually leaving the "facts" the same (thus preserving continuity) while completely changing their interpretation.

Basically, that whole reveal about Wesker injecting himself with that virus before getting gutted by the Tyrant in RE1 was a retcon. And since we're talking about a follow up to the Umbrella Chronicles, which was chock-full of retconning (Sergei at the Mansion during RE1, etc.), I'm just curious as to whether they're gonna do the same thing here.  

Thee Stranger

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:45 am
Ahhh, thank you!

Alright, I can see that. They might... we shall see, either way.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:24 pm
Notte I'm surprised you said might. They will do it. You know capcom sucks at survival horror, and don't care that much about the story line accuracy. They just want to continue. Since it's a railway shooter Leon and Claire won't be separated, thus making it possible to do a retdcon.  

Alkaizer87

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:14 pm
I'm still enthralled by Claire's REmake-style visual beauty. It tugs at my heartstrings. heart

But yeah, I can already tell some retconning is going to occur. I bet we'll see Sherry as much as we saw Barry. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:42 pm
I still think the game looks promising, none the less.  

Celestial Fox Frenzi

III Agent Kennedy III

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:00 pm
All I can say is this is the game that's FINALLY driven me to get a Wii.
But it's almost an entire year away... gonk This wait is going to drive me insane.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:17 pm
III Agent Kennedy III
But it's almost an entire year away... gonk This wait is going to drive me insane.

The wii is nice, but unless you're getting Nostalgia over playing REmake or pining over UC and the upcoming DC, then you should stick to your system! Then again, getting a Wii lets you play House of the Dead 2 and 3....

Hmm, I want a wii....  

Celestial Fox Frenzi

III Agent Kennedy III

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:53 pm
Celestial Fox Frenzi
III Agent Kennedy III

The wii is nice, but unless you're getting Nostalgia over playing REmake or pining over UC and the upcoming DC, then you should stick to your system! Then again, getting a Wii lets you play House of the Dead 2 and 3....

Hmm, I want a wii....

Yeah, true. I mean, I'm still not 100% on my decision to get one... But this is good motivation for me since I miss RE2.
But if I DO get a Wii, I'll finally have the chance to catch up on some other titles that I've missed. Win? 3nodding

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:17 pm
This game has me interested enough to buy, if not for the beautiful Claire. I can't get over that. xd

Btw, both of you. In the Grill, I'll list off some games for you to buy if you get a Wii. biggrin  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

VlCKERS

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:22 pm
Jeez, I haven't even heard of this one until just now. gonk
I need to start frequenting the GameStop again.

I hope it's as addicting as Umbrella Chronicles was for me. <3  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:00 pm
Well, if Degeneration is any insite, then yes, this game will indeed be as addicting.  

Celestial Fox Frenzi

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:55 am
I think my bf is actually getting a Wii for this .... eek

WOOHO!! Haha, that just means I dont have to pay for one!! Lol, maybe I'll get him Umbrella Chronicles for his birthday in October... hmm.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:27 pm
Now dont get me wrong, but Im happy that they are finally redoing RE2, but come on... Making it to be a rail shooter!? I dont like the sound of that. Of course the game looks awsome, but in the end its not going to be that great.. Anyone care to go to Petitiononline.com and sign a the Petition to see if they can make it like RE4 and RE5 game play setup.. Hopefully send it to XBOX 36O or other system besides the Wii?  

Lovable Soul

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:42 pm
Celestial Fox Frenzi
Well, if Degeneration is any insight, then yes, this game will indeed be as addicting.

I don't understand. Degeneration wasn't addicting... sad

But the voice bloopers were good. xd

Leon: "Okay, now that we're up here, in this helicopter, away from everyone else... I have to tell you something."

Angela: "What?"

Leon: "My pay is too good. Seriously. *cocks gun* Damn good."

What makes it so funny is that even as a blooper, it's like something Leon would say...

Lovable Soul
Anyone care to go to Petitiononline.com and sign a the Petition to see if they can make it like RE4 and RE5 game play setup.. Hopefully send it to XBOX 36O or other system besides the Wii?

User Image
Of course, this is a bit much. But we tend to go there in this guild. razz

But seriously. No. >_>;  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out