So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Your First Time... Gaming. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Were you playing vidjagames before you could read?
  Yes; text-heavy games helped me learn
  Yes; but only simple ones I could understand without reading too much
  No; my parents wouldn't let me
  No; I didn't get interested/introduced until later
  i dunno ahurr
View Results

Terara Drakon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:17 pm
I have no clue. The earliest memory I have of gaming is going and buying Crash 2 as soon as it came out.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:19 pm
Betman
-Zephyrotica-
Betman
O god. I STILL hate redeads too. ******** scary ********. they scream at you and dont' afraid of anything but the sun
As soon as Majora's Mask came out, they stopped being so scary.
Wow. That's just. Wow.

Ahh, the good ol' Captain's Hat/Gibdo Mask trick...makes life so much easier...  

misternitsua

IRL Feeder

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100

Owwin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:24 pm
My dad sat me down in front of the NES and let me be Luigi. I can still remember him saying. "Okay now move over a little bit more and jump straight up. There, that is your first extra guy." Then he went and caught a koopa on the steps until his extra lives were full. He was infallible when it came to that trick. He never missed the opportunity.

When I was 8 years old we played through OoT together and that was the first time I ever did something he couldn't do by himself. He had never played a Zelda game and didn't know that you use the dungeon item to fight the boss. I said "Shoot the eye, use the slingshot!" From then on we wiped that game out.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:24 pm
My first instances in the Art of Gaming began when I watched my older bro play the Turbografx-16, NES, and SNES.

Bonk's Adventure. Epic then. Still epic now.

I remember getting to play Super Mario All Stars + Super mario World. Made it all the way to Vanilla Dome all by myself in SMW.

But before that I think my earliest system ever was the Sega Pico, with Tails and the Music Maker.

Which reminds me, he also had the Genesis as well.

Then my step up to the Gameboy. Then it all went uphil from there. cool

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

otawara

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:30 pm
My first video game moment of epicness was the first time i played my first video game.

Mario Bros. in an arcade when i was 5.
It was amazing, and I fell in love with Mario.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:06 pm
********' Crystal Caves and Word Rescue.

I bet none of you bitches even know those games.  

Waynebrizzle

l-Kriel-l

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:28 pm
Ah, memories.
Street Fighter 2.
2 years old.
The good days. 3nodding

Of course I don't remember it, we just have pictures. The first game I remember playing is SMW.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:49 pm
Shane-Cheshner
Ah, memories.
Street Fighter 2.
2 years old.
The good days. 3nodding

Of course I don't remember it, we just have pictures. The first game I remember playing is SMW.
I remember having SF2 on the genesis, and my mom taking it away from me, because i was too young to play it. xD  

The Betgirl

Quotable Genius

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:54 pm
Legend of Zelda; Links Awakening. Dont remember it, but apparently I played it a LOT.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:55 pm
l-Kathulu-l
Legend of Zelda; Links Awakening. Dont remember it, but apparently I played it a LOT.
That was the first game I played in my blue GBP. It was epic. xD I love that game to death.  

The Betgirl

Quotable Genius

Synetric

2,400 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:12 pm
Well, before Pokemon Red started my love for gaming, Mario and the Six Golden Coins for the Game Boy Pocket had captivated me. It was so great, I remember getting to Wario and getting so pwned. Good times.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:17 pm
Betman
Shane-Cheshner
Ah, memories.
Street Fighter 2.
2 years old.
The good days. 3nodding

I remember having SF2 on the genesis, and my mom taking it away from me, because i was too young to play it. xD

Lucky for me, I had brothers dictating my gameplay. cool
(toldya they were awesome)  

l-Kriel-l

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:46 pm
I remember my first game was Bomberman on the NES when I was like 3 or 4.

...and I've been a bomberman fan since...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:15 pm
I remember when I was about 7 or 8 I went into my videostore that's gone now and saw Nintendo64 game boxes. I didn't think much of it then. For my tenth birthday, my dad bought me my first game system: a GAMEBOYCOLOR with Pokemon Gold as my first game. I liked Pokemon and the game, but I still didn't love videogames yet, let alone know what the word Nintendo on my Gameboy meant. But THEN, some months later, my dad brought me to a Wal-Mart and let me get a second game for something awesome that I did. Can't remember what it was, but that's beside the point. Anyway, I was looking at all the games there and saw what would change my life forever:
User Image
I saw the cover and thought: Hey, that might be fun. So I told my dad: I want that one! The clerk took it out and my dad paid for it. When we were in the car, I took out the game and stuck it in my Gameboy. I turned it on and saw a guy in a white shirt flying a plane which crash-landed into a forest. The name Wario Land 3 appeared and I chose to play in English. From then on, I pretty much played that game nonstop and through some funny circumstances found out what Nintendo was and became the gamer that I am now. Such good memories.  

wariodude128

Allegro

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:29 pm
y'know, I take it back. The first game I played was Ikari Warriors. I was like 6.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff