Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
Do you consider yourself emo? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Well, do you consider yourself emo?
  Yes
  No
  No, but my friends say I am
  No, but I have a similar style of dress
View Results

SADERR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:40 am
No, I am not emo, and I cannot stand to be called so. I am goth, but I have quite a few emo friends, so here I am.
And you are not a poseur because you label yourself. You are self-rejecting. Clearly you think you are emo, as you are in the emo guild. But you say you're not emo so you appear to be emo. This confusion is pointless. If you are emo you are emo. Don't be ashamed. If someone asks, yes, you are. Just don't to around saying "i iz emo" and it's all good.
pandachan3
IF YOU LABLE YOURSELF AS EMO YOUR BASICLY A POSER.

This actually makes you sound like quite the poser yourself. I'm so sick of fad jumpers fitting themselves in and calling everyone else a poser. ******** that. Get over yourself.

Also, lables are fine. They can help you find others with similar interests. And do we seperate humanity completely between race, gender, religion? For the majority, no. But we still recognize ourselves as so. Lables are the same way.

Emo is a style of dressing and of music. Emos listen to emo and dress in emo fashion. That's all there is to it. You don't need to be emotional, and you don't need to be a suicidal little brat who constantly says they're going to kill themselves because their parents didn't give them what they wanted for christimas. ******** that. That is poser.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:34 pm
Jonathonn
No, I am not emo, and I cannot stand to be called so. I am goth, but I have quite a few emo friends, so here I am.
And you are not a poseur because you label yourself. You are self-rejecting. Clearly you think you are emo, as you are in the emo guild. But you say you're not emo so you appear to be emo. This confusion is pointless. If you are emo you are emo. Don't be ashamed. If someone asks, yes, you are. Just don't to around saying "i iz emo" and it's all good.
pandachan3
IF YOU LABLE YOURSELF AS EMO YOUR BASICLY A POSER.

This actually makes you sound like quite the poser yourself. I'm so sick of fad jumpers fitting themselves in and calling everyone else a poser. ******** that. Get over yourself.

Also, lables are fine. They can help you find others with similar interests. And do we seperate humanity completely between race, gender, religion? For the majority, no. But we still recognize ourselves as so. Lables are the same way.

Emo is a style of dressing and of music. Emos listen to emo and dress in emo fashion. That's all there is to it. You don't need to be emotional, and you don't need to be a suicidal little brat who constantly says they're going to kill themselves because their parents didn't give them what they wanted for christimas. ******** that. That is poser.

hi im bailey,i have a feeling we r going to get along just fine lol  

blood bailey

serjtankian_is_god

5,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:56 pm
Rellik San
Emo?

Scum o' the earth if you ask me.

So no, I ain't one of their kind.

Haha I love you Rellik.

And I must agree.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:08 pm
baileyf13

Actually that is incorrect.
Emo is only a genre of music. But the younger generation is believing, and attempting to make it a stye, and saying the only way to be emo is to also have all the emotions, and suicidal thoughts and like the same bands!
SO just because you like emo bands, like MCR or whatever you concider 'emo', does NOT make you emo.
Just because your depressed and dress in black ALSO does NOT make you emo.
I guess I'm saying none of you are emo. Oh and also Bailey you are wrong.
Ha.

~Abbie  

serjtankian_is_god

5,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200

SaiSuki 1329

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:16 pm
lmao you guys are havin such a deep conversation its quite interesting to say the least. lol But I think Im just me weather that be emo, prep, or even nerd. And Emo is really just a word with many meanings no one can categories them selves with a word I think. But I could be wrong hn thats what I think at least.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:25 am
JaredWinterfresh17
I think that if you label yourself as something, you're trying to be whatever you say that you are. My point is, if you say that you're emo, then you're trying to be emo and it isn't really you being yourself; and you're just a poser.
i agree alot of people label themselves as emo because theyt hink its cool i guess i get called emo alot and get made fun of...so idk  

liveorsk8

emo skater__gurl2114

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:00 pm
I guess I consider
myself emo.I know
my avi doesn't look
it.but...in real life I
look emo.but I also
don't label myself but
i've been told i'm emo
by a lot of people...so
idk.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:59 pm
I don't consider myself emo,although i let my friend cut me once.I wound consider myself i courios person about alot of things but eh.  

Sailor Wynne luvs Danny

osozaki girl

Fashionable Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:16 am

i am someone who likes emo (to be more specific indie emo).
i am as much of "emo" and someone can be "classical" or "jazz".

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:00 pm
well...idk, cuz i cut myself cuz my mom hated me, and now shes dead, i never new my dad, im 14 and i liv by myself, in my own house, i do have a job tho, i had to name myself (its scarlet), i get really emotional like all the time, no1 likes me at all, i dont go to school, and there is 2 kinds of emo, 1:style of music 2:emotional, im 1 and 2....and just cuz u have emo in ur username, dosnt mean ur a poser (for all the ppl that said that ppl with emo in thier names are posers), u could be telling the truth, how would u kno.  

Xxdead_emo_heartxX

xXxCrimson_ShadowxXx

Gracious Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:13 pm
Quote:
Emo is a style of dressing and of music. Emos listen to emo and dress in emo fashion. That's all there is to it. You don't need to be emotional, and you don't need to be a suicidal little brat who constantly says they're going to kill themselves because their parents didn't give them what they wanted for christimas. ******** that. That is poser

Exactly.

Well, I wear skinny jeans, hoodies, armwarmers and fingerless gloves, eyeliner, converse, and other things people would consider "emo", and I love the music. I personally don't like labels though, and I don't label myself as emo. I'm just me.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:49 pm
xXxCrimson_ShadowxXx
Quote:
Emo is a style of dressing and of music. Emos listen to emo and dress in emo fashion. That's all there is to it. You don't need to be emotional, and you don't need to be a suicidal little brat who constantly says they're going to kill themselves because their parents didn't give them what they wanted for christimas. ******** that. That is poser

Exactly.

Well, I wear skinny jeans, hoodies, armwarmers and fingerless gloves, eyeliner, converse, and other things people would consider "emo", and I love the music. I personally don't like labels though, and I don't label myself as emo. I'm just me.
Emo has never been a fashion statement. Just a genre of music. A genre of music, I might add, that none of you seem to even know about let alone listen to.  

[Hollow Point]

Hygencide

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:25 pm
[Hollow Point]
xXxCrimson_ShadowxXx
Quote:

Exactly.

Emo has never been a fashion statement. Just a genre of music. A genre of music, I might add, that none of you seem to even know about let alone listen to.

Hollow Point, has made his point
*applause*  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:30 pm
when sadness strikes, u just never know.  

aikoislost

4,800 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games