Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Mittalmar - Original Archives
The Twins in Tolkien's World... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which Twins do you wish you knew more about?
Amrod/Amras
25%
 25%  [ 8 ]
Elrond/Elros
25%
 25%  [ 8 ]
Elladan/Elrohir
40%
 40%  [ 13 ]
Folcred/Fastred
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 32

Imyavie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:29 pm
Falathrim
Bauglir
Amras/Amrod
because you nothing not much more than their names, and I'd like to know more about their characters, their relationship to their father and their brothers etc. etc. The curse of Feanor and its consequences is the most interesting part of the Silmarillion in my opinion and Amras & Amrod are kind of unexplored territory of this topic.

We do know that Feanor burned the youngest of his twin sons alive.

eek ....Really??

Was this said in the Silmarillion? Or one of the HoME books? *flips through the Sil*  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:50 pm
imyavie
Falathrim
Bauglir
Amras/Amrod
because you nothing not much more than their names, and I'd like to know more about their characters, their relationship to their father and their brothers etc. etc. The curse of Feanor and its consequences is the most interesting part of the Silmarillion in my opinion and Amras & Amrod are kind of unexplored territory of this topic.

eek ....Really??

Was this said in the Silmarillion? Or one of the HoME books? *flips through the Sil*

I believe that that was stated in one of the HoME books, as I recall reading it somewhat recently.  

Zurgi

Gussumaru Kenji

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:58 pm
I nominate Feanor for father of the year award.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:44 pm
What about Fili and Kili? XD  

GreyRauken

Rhaella

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:21 pm
Zurgi
imyavie
Falathrim
Bauglir
Amras/Amrod
because you nothing not much more than their names, and I''d like to know more about their characters, their relationship to their father and their brothers etc. etc. The curse of Feanor and its consequences is the most interesting part of the Silmarillion in my opinion and Amras & Amrod are kind of unexplored territory of this topic.

eek ....Really??

I believe that that was stated in one of the HoME books, as I recall reading it somewhat recently.

12th volume, The Peoples of Middle-earth. It''s in the Shibboleth of Feanor.

I''d like to know more about Ambarussa and Elladan and Elrohir. I wonder what fate Elrond''s sons finally chose.

As far as Amrod and Amras... well, I want to know if the Shibboleth version of the story really is the correct version of it; and if so, how the surviving twin dealt with everything afterwards.

And I''d like to know everything and anything Russandol has already addressed, just on principle. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:40 am
Lol, wouldn't it just be great to be teleported to LOTR time and get lost in one of the elvish libraries. Would be a great chance to learn some elvish too....if you're not executed for being trespassing first....  

Rudhe
Captain

churrlo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:43 pm
I agree! biggrin But I'd stay there too long and die xd Cause all mortal beings age faster while in Valar. (is that what the place was called? razz )  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:32 pm
Valar? I'm talking about Middle Earth, I'm sure Rivendell would have a library....or even that Gondorian one that Gandalf visited in the first book.  

Rudhe
Captain

churrlo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:57 pm
Ahh sorry... I just saw the word Elf and assumed Valar blaugh Well then yes, it'd be more interesting in the human world! I could read their history for days! heart  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:58 pm
BTW, Valar is not actually a place, but a race. It is equivalent to gods, such as Aule, Melkor etc. The place I think you're referring to is Valinor.  

Rudhe
Captain

churrlo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:46 pm
I knew it was V something xd  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:18 pm
Nimphelos
Zurgi
imyavie
Falathrim
Bauglir
Amras/Amrod
because you nothing not much more than their names, and I''d like to know more about their characters, their relationship to their father and their brothers etc. etc. The curse of Feanor and its consequences is the most interesting part of the Silmarillion in my opinion and Amras & Amrod are kind of unexplored territory of this topic.

eek ....Really??

12th volume, The Peoples of Middle-earth. It''s in the Shibboleth of Feanor.

I''d like to know more about Ambarussa and Elladan and Elrohir. I wonder what fate Elrond''s sons finally chose.

As far as Amrod and Amras... well, I want to know if the Shibboleth version of the story really is the correct version of it; and if so, how the surviving twin dealt with everything afterwards.

And I''d like to know everything and anything Russandol has already addressed, just on principle. xd

I've yet to read the History of Middle Earth series. Why did he burn his son alive?  

Londo Mollari

churrlo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:20 am
No clue razz  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:07 am
EDIT: For anyone that read this post before I edited it, I take back what I said.

RotK: Appendix A
At the end of the First Age the Valar gave to the Half-elven an irrevocable choice to which kindred they would belong. Erond chose to be of the Elven-kind, and became a master of wisdom. To him therefore was granted the same grace as to those of the High Elves that still lingered in Middel-earth: that when weary at last of the mortal lands they could take ship from the Grey Havens and pass into the Uttermost West; and the grace continued after the change of the world. But to the children of Elrond a choice was also appointed: to pass with him from the circles of the world; or if they remained to become mortal and die in Middle-earth. For Elrond, therefore, all chances of the War of the Ring were fraught with sorrow.

FotR Prologue: Note on the Shire Records
It is probable that Meriadoc obtained assistance and information from Rivendell, which he visited more than once. There, though Elrond had departed, his sons long remained, together with some of the High-Elven folk. It is said that Celeborn went to dwell there after the departure of Galadriel; but there is no record of the day when at last he sought the Grey Havens, and with him went the last living memory of the Elder Days of Middle-earth.

It seems that both of them chose mortality, for neither of them passed on with Elrond. I mistook that las tparagraph and thought that I remembered it saying that Elladin and Elrohir passed with him, but I was wrong.

And a quick question. Earendil longed to be man, right? I thought I read in the Silmarillian that the only reason he chose immortality was because Elwing chose it. So then, wouldn't it seem justifiable that one of his sons was in like-mind of his father, while the other was in like-mind with his mother?

I would love to hear more about those two, though. I find them fascinating, and I wouldn't mind some more information about Elros, also.

Talitha_rize

Rudhe
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:11 am
Perhaps that split decision passed on to Elrond and Elros.

If Elohir and Elladan choose mortality then that would be the end of half-elves right? All of Elrond's children chose mortality.  
Mittalmar - Original Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff