Reply Atalantë - A new beginning
Favourite Vala Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SYFFER

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:11 pm
Lorien is pretty cool but to be honest, he didn't do much. He wasn't impressive enough to be noticed among the other Valar.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:20 pm
SYFFER
Lorien is pretty cool but to be honest, he didn't do much. He wasn't impressive enough to be noticed among the other Valar.

Very true, but he was the Lord of Visions and Dreams. I have a thing for that. That's why I like Apollo in Greek and Roman Mythology biggrin  

ChewySkywalker

SYFFER

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:22 pm
ChewySkywalker
SYFFER

Very true, but he was the Lord of Visions and Dreams. I have a thing for that. That's why I like Apollo in Greek and Roman Mythology biggrin
Yes that's true. I suppose that is an impressive occupation 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:28 am
My favs are Varda in first, probably because...well...I think I forgot I write it once it comes back to me...
Second is Yavanna because she made the trees and she made the sun (Anor) with the last fruit from Laurelin and the moon with the last flower of Telperion.

I think Melkor is a Vala...because when in the book it said "Melkor is counted no longer among the Valar,..." I think he was a Vala but got kicked out because of his evil...

ChewySkywalker
SYFFER

Lorien is alright, not one of my favourites but high enough. I used to have something for those dream lords and stuff but it all changed when I discovered Athena/Minerva and she forever was my fav with Apollo's sister Artemis next. biggrin Anyways....I feel like this is starting to get off topic...  

LaurelinRe

10,875 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

nosila5956

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:03 am
Lorien is my favorite because he is the Vala of dreams. Varda right behind him because of my obsession with stars. Yep... defenetly always have my head up in the clouds ^_^ I like Melkor too, but I think it's just because I feel sorry for him, even if it is his own damn fault >.>;  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:45 pm
nosila5956
Lorien is my favorite because he is the Vala of dreams. Varda right behind him because of my obsession with stars. Yep... defenetly always have my head up in the clouds ^_^ I like Melkor too, but I think it's just because I feel sorry for him, even if it is his own damn fault >.>;

Erm, those were so my obsessions first! Just kidding, although that is why I like Lorien and Varda.
I love Melkor because he's evil but he technically isn't considered part of the Valar after her turned evil. He was disowned.  

ChewySkywalker

Rhaella

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:33 pm
ChewySkywalker

I love Melkor because he's evil but he technically isn't considered part of the Valar after her turned evil. He was disowned.

Melkor intrigues me. 3nodding

I think it's the whole "greatest becomes the worst" theme there...  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:58 pm
My favorite Vala Is... Varda. She made the stars... How cool is that? lol

I also found a drawing of her that I really liked. I guess that's what makes me like her the most. None of the drawings of the other Valar that I've seen have been like that one.  

Erol512

Bluering Bearer

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 12:28 pm
Kementari ^^
But I like also Orome, or Lorien  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:17 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Tirno

SYFFER

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:37 pm
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:49 am

cattirun

8,100 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

The Pre-Raphaelite

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:42 am
My favourite Vala is Ulmo, I just love water and the ocean I like his mysterious and "deep" character. But I don't like it that most Tolkien illustrators (e.g. John Howe, Ted Nasmith) always depict him like a clone of ancient Greece Poseidon with Beard and trident - I think it's boring.

By the way, this is my first post here, so hello to everyone!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:07 am
I've seen that Varda and Yavanna are very popular just about everywhere, but for me, Manwe takes the cake. He was closest to Iluvatar, loved song, writing, language, and created the eagles (hence my username). I also like Lorien and Nienna a lot. Both Varda and Yavanna score highly also.  

Feathoron

churrlo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:28 pm
I like Orome. 3nodding  
Atalantë - A new beginning

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items