Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
how do *you* use the guild member list? please help devs. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

welian

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 4:21 pm
1. are you captain/vc/crew or member?
Crew in three guild, Captain in one.

2. why do you use the member list?
I check to see who's still in the guild, and who's posted.

3. what information are you looking for specifically?
Post count, Crew level

4. how often do you use the list?
'Bout once a week. My guilds move kinda slow.

5. what one change to the member list would make you happy and make you use it more?
If I could instantaneously see the list in ascending/descending order by number of post, alphabetical order, AND join/last post date.  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:19 pm
wesden_girl
What I'd like to know is the typical use case for captains, VC's, crew and members:

1.. are you captain/vc/crew or member?
5. what one change to the member list would make you happy and make you use it more?

1. vc, crew, and member
2. As a crew/vc, I use it to track post and donation counts. As a member, I just enjoy browsing.
3. I'm looking to make sure members are active, otherwise they get booted.
4. I only use it about once a year during a purge or when I have free time.
5. Priority for me: it would be nice to choose to arrange the members by post amount or donations. A "join date" section would also be nice. So would a "last post" date.  

DanieBarton03

Eloquent Elder

Ezra-tan

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:33 pm
NomNomNominal
WindowOpener
NomNomNominal
Every other day, if I'm not busy. I have my entire member list copy+pasted onto an Excel spreadsheet and work off that instead.

I don't know how many people do this, or something like it (replicating their lists somewhere else), but it might be much easier for them if we could generate a print version of the member list?

I know Gaia hasn't rushed to adopt this kind of tool in other areas, though, and perhaps the size of some lists makes it unfeasible. Just throwing it out there. ^^

Actually, a print version isn't necessary. Here's something you could try out yourself:
  1. Go to the member list right now.
  2. Copy the entire list starting from the little wing image on the top left of the list until you reach the last post number of the last member.
  3. Open Excel
  4. Paste the entire thing.
  5. Format stuff like column width, merges, etc. as necessary.
  6. And you're done. Ta-da~!

My own spreadsheet shows member count, post count, join dates, tidbit facts members mentioned about themselves, etc. The best thing about Excel is that you can rearrange EVERYTHING in ascending/descending order.
User Image

I could never do this. Currently, the guild I moderate has 258 pages in the member list.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 5:45 am
1.. are you captain/vc/crew or member?
captain :]

I use our member list mostly for checking post counts [we sometimes give away prizes for high post counts]

Usually how much people post, but there's not much you can look for right now. x3

Pretty often. I mean, I check my own post pretty much every 10 minutes in the guild xD Working hard on that post count~

Either date of last visit to the guild or date of last post. Or, a link to the last post [because the last posts would have the date posted anyway] would be useful in my opinion to check activity.

@above - Yeah, my guild I think had 800+ pages, so that would take a while for me too. sweatdrop Though I'll be honest I don't think I'll ever need to print something that long, either...  

Chellies

Original Entrepreneur

7,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300

shall she sail seas

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:43 am
Ezra-tan
NomNomNominal
WindowOpener
NomNomNominal
Every other day, if I'm not busy. I have my entire member list copy+pasted onto an Excel spreadsheet and work off that instead.

I don't know how many people do this, or something like it (replicating their lists somewhere else), but it might be much easier for them if we could generate a print version of the member list?

I know Gaia hasn't rushed to adopt this kind of tool in other areas, though, and perhaps the size of some lists makes it unfeasible. Just throwing it out there. ^^

Actually, a print version isn't necessary. Here's something you could try out yourself:
  1. Go to the member list right now.
  2. Copy the entire list starting from the little wing image on the top left of the list until you reach the last post number of the last member.
  3. Open Excel
  4. Paste the entire thing.
  5. Format stuff like column width, merges, etc. as necessary.
  6. And you're done. Ta-da~!

My own spreadsheet shows member count, post count, join dates, tidbit facts members mentioned about themselves, etc. The best thing about Excel is that you can rearrange EVERYTHING in ascending/descending order.
User Image

I could never do this. Currently, the guild I moderate has 258 pages in the member list.

That's why it's best to start recording things once the guild (or anything both online or offline) has started and to update on a regular basis.  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:30 am
ninja

User Image

Unfortunately, the Last Post column will be blank until a user posts since that's new data we'll be capturing. It will be the date of the last post right now. Hopefully in the future we can integrate a link to the post itself.  

pacifisticuffs

Your Irish Twin Brother

Dangerous Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:56 pm
Wow, that is going to be an extremely helpful feature. blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:24 pm
Annnnnd she's live! biggrin  

pacifisticuffs

Your Irish Twin Brother

Dangerous Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:30 pm
*Whistles* Nice. I was off for about three minutes changing my channel to G4. (My living room TV doesn't have a favorites list.) and I checked join requests. Took me a minute to realize it was different.

My favorite part, pming to inactive members. No more 5 pages of the 10+ same people  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:27 pm
I love it!
First post in the guild here, I've been more of a stalker then anything else but I gotta say these Improvements are going to kick a**.
-Thumbs up-

Slighter

LillianSaire

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:22 pm
"Avi heads make me think of dial-up, and wonder why might that be useful. I'm sure there is a reason and use, I am just unaware of it."

"I wonder, how does the join ID work? I should be at the top of ascending or descending but I'm not."
"I see, it just lists a few former members too, so since I wasn't the first person ever in the guild, I'm not on the top of the list."  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:33 pm
LillianSaire
"Avi heads make me think of dial-up, and wonder why might that be useful. I'm sure there is a reason and use, I am just unaware of it."

"I wonder, how does the join ID work? I should be at the top of ascending or descending but I'm not."

The higher the ID number, the older your join date.  

Your Irish Twin Brother

Dangerous Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • First step to fame 200
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers