Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
What would you want to see in the next Metroid game? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

3D or Sidescroller
3D
45%
 45%  [ 9 ]
Sidescroller
40%
 40%  [ 8 ]
RIDLEY FIGHT FTW!
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 20

GuruGuru214

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:03 am
Dryson
GuruGuru214
digi734
I'd like to see a prologue of Samus training with the Chozo and then having to fight Space Pirates and in the end fight what is like an energy being that kind of looks like mother brain in super metroid

So that would be Metroid: Negative Mission? Not exactly the sort of thing I think most of us are wanting, but not a bad idea either.
I'd rather avoid the starwars effect. a remake is one thing but going backwards on a timeline is a pain in the a** and never does seem to work well for any franchise.

So how did you feel about Zero Mission and the Prime Series? I'd list off true prequels that worked, but the only one that immediately comes to mind is Resident Evil 0...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:34 am
GuruGuru214
Dryson
GuruGuru214
digi734
I'd like to see a prologue of Samus training with the Chozo and then having to fight Space Pirates and in the end fight what is like an energy being that kind of looks like mother brain in super metroid

So that would be Metroid: Negative Mission? Not exactly the sort of thing I think most of us are wanting, but not a bad idea either.
I'd rather avoid the starwars effect. a remake is one thing but going backwards on a timeline is a pain in the a** and never does seem to work well for any franchise.

So how did you feel about Zero Mission and the Prime Series? I'd list off true prequels that worked, but the only one that immediately comes to mind is Resident Evil 0...
zero mission is a remakes of the first metroid. as Prime is a filler game between the first metroid and metroid 2 while adapting a few different details of its original story line. I personally felt that metroid zero mission was too easy for it being a remake of the first metroid and as for the Prime series I've sat down many times to play those games and found them far more enjoyable then most other FPS or FPA.

best prequel game ever is super mario world 2: Yoshi's Island  

Dryson

Invisible Prophet

The Night Ripper

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:40 am
For sure a 2D game would be great, BUT I think the 3d ones is already doing a greeeeeat job. So, it would be risky to change the RIGHT for the doubtful.
wink  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:39 pm
Dryson
GuruGuru214
digi734

Don't worry. There aren't going to be any gay pretty boys.  

MaverickDrifter

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:12 pm
digi734
Dryson
GuruGuru214
digi734

Don't worry. There aren't going to be any gay pretty boys.

Just one hot girl in a Power Suit that causes some people to think she is a he.  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:26 pm
Okay, prequel. During the attack on K2-L you play as Samus. You will crawl through vents and hide as you watch the massacre of the humans in the colony. You have to do a button command to steady your breathing while hiding in the cabinet from Ridley while watching him eat your parents, to stay quiet without passing out. The game ends with the chozo finding you after you had to survive on corpses and rats for months to survive.
IT WOOD BE AWSUM!  

Owwin

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:19 pm
Owwin
Okay, prequel. During the attack on K2-L you play as Samus. You will crawl through vents and hide as you watch the massacre of the humans in the colony. You have to do a button command to steady your breathing while hiding in the cabinet from Ridley while watching him eat your parents, to stay quiet without passing out. The game ends with the chozo finding you after you had to survive on corpses and rats for months to survive.
IT WOOD BE AWSUM!

Jesus Christ, that sounds awesome. It'd be mostly stealth right?  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:22 pm
Waynebrizzle
Owwin
IT WOOD BE AWSUM!

Why is everyone having a positive reaction? I said it on MSN and everybody liked it too. It is supposed to be a joke!

Yeah it would be stealth. She has no power suit or Chozo training. She was like, 8 or younger.  

Owwin

GuruGuru214

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:24 pm
Owwin
IT WOOD BE AWSUM!

That sounds...really really good. But I can't imagine that being the whole game. But with that as the first chapter, followed by warrior training with the Chozo... mmmm... Also, didn't Samus also do training with the GF before she went freelance bounty hunter? Plus there's the question of when Adam Malkovich was her officer...  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:32 pm
Owwin
Waynebrizzle
Owwin
IT WOOD BE AWSUM!

Why is everyone having a positive reaction? I said it on MSN and everybody liked it too. It is supposed to be a joke!

Yeah it would be stealth. She has no power suit or Chozo training. She was like, 8 or younger.

Well like Guru said, they could include the Chozo training after the incident, when she gets the suit, and even just make up a few chapters after that, or remake her first mission in the Prime engine for a full Samus origin story.

I think a game like that would just be amazing.  

Waynebrizzle

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:34 pm
you should hit metroids with your face using the DSi camera  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:50 pm
Owwin
Waynebrizzle
Owwin
IT WOOD BE AWSUM!

You are not the only one who would be surprised people would like this. At best what you said would be something that you would see on Newgrounds or something like that. It would be the first Metroid game i would not even rent. talk2hand  

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Owwin

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:52 pm
KyuubiNaruto4
You are not the only one who would be surprised people would like this. At best what you said would be something that you would see on Newgrounds or something like that. It would be the first Metroid game i would not even rent. talk2hand
I would play it if it was done right. Stealth horror is awesome. What better series to make scary than one that is scary even with magic space armor.  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:12 pm
Adam is dead why would we even want to know when he was her officer. Everything(that was important) was already said about him in Fusion. Plus I don't feel like going back to when she was in the G.F.S. seriously how lame would that be?  

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items