Submit

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:23 am
I remember going through game deprivation. The most common thing I'll get is when everything has a slowed down or mildly sped up feel to it, like a glide effect on the world around me?  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:30 pm
• Hold on, to the moment
There's something brewing in the
sky ________

If I play my DS for to long I have a strange urge to tap or grab at things repeatedly. And after I play OoT, I often wonder why its taking so long for time to pass. xD

________ Oh I feel something
• What'cha feel
boy; the beat?

i'm_____shakin'_____ and _____i'm_____movin'

S o t-t h e-P a n d a

5ir Psycho 5exy

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:37 pm
After I got off a 40-hour Final Fantasy marathon (it was my first time playing anything in the series. I'd never done anything like that before. My poor PS2!), my mom asked me to do some menial chore, and without thinking, I complained that my ATB gauge wasn't full yet. She hasn't let that go to this day. xd  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:14 pm
-Zephyrotica-
After I got off a 40-hour Final Fantasy marathon (it was my first time playing anything in the series. I'd never done anything like that before. My poor PS2!), my mom asked me to do some menial chore, and without thinking, I complained that my ATB gauge wasn't full yet. She hasn't let that go to this day. xd

XD  

The Rawk Hawk

Fashionable Nerd

6,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200

RoseSpirit

5,200 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:33 pm
I remember when I was first going through Ocarina of Time, one day my dad drove me to school and out of the corner of my eye I saw a crow taking off from the ground to my left. I instantly reached for my Master Sword, in my head crying, "Ahh! Keese!" lol Though I did reach with my right hand, not my left. *sigh*  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:00 pm
Unfortunately, 15+ credit hours in college a semester doesn't leave time for gaming. I think just the opposite happened to me. All of the sudden, I started lacking the want to play games at all. I mean, I only played my Okami game this past semester when I had the flu, and I didn't even beat it. It's been gathering dust for about 2 months. The only game I got to enjoy thoroughly and beat this entire semester was Resident Evil 5 on my boyfriend's PS3, and only in co-op mode. I didn't even wanna play Missionaries after we beat it.

It's like I'm losing touch with my inner gamer. Maybe I need to replay a Zelda game or something to get me back in the gaming mood. After all, It's gonna be a very boring summer otherwise.

Then again, maybe this isn't Gaming Withdrawal, but College Withdrawal. I swear, it feels like I'm being lazy by not studying or reading something. The feeling's so bad, I almost signed up for summer classes.

Has this happened to any other fellow college-goer gamers?

KitsuneSaria

RoseSpirit

5,200 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:16 pm
KitsuneSaria
Unfortunately, 15+ credit hours in college a semester doesn't leave time for gaming. I think just the opposite happened to me. All of the sudden, I started lacking the want to play games at all. I mean, I only played my Okami game this past semester when I had the flu, and I didn't even beat it. It's been gathering dust for about 2 months. The only game I got to enjoy thoroughly and beat this entire semester was Resident Evil 5 on my boyfriend's PS3, and only in co-op mode. I didn't even wanna play Missionaries after we beat it.

It's like I'm losing touch with my inner gamer. Maybe I need to replay a Zelda game or something to get me back in the gaming mood. After all, It's gonna be a very boring summer otherwise.

Then again, maybe this isn't Gaming Withdrawal, but College Withdrawal. I swear, it feels like I'm being lazy by not studying or reading something. The feeling's so bad, I almost signed up for summer classes.

Has this happened to any other fellow college-goer gamers?

Nah, I still make time for my vidjamagames with 19-21 units per quarter. ;D Perhaps a little too much time... ^^;  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 1:27 pm
I live and die for video games, so when I've been deprived from my precious Wii, it's usually, "Okay dad; I'll get good grades if you give me my Wii back." And if it's a no, then I go on a rant. I am pretty pathetic, I know.
And my cheeks turn red too, it's wierd! And I get irritable whenever my gaming is interrupted and I go all PMS on everyone.  

_iPenutButtaCrunchi_

featheredonyx

Versatile Lunatic

8,950 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 4:27 pm
GuruGuru214
Oh, and lately when I get bored in class, I start doodling, even though I can't draw worth a crap. And it's always the exact same thing. The Spiritual Stones and the medallions from Ocarina of Time, the Wind Waker version of the Master Sword, and the Oracle of Ages tunes/Pearls of the Goddesses symbols. And sometimes the Eye of Truth.
I used to do that when I was in fourth grade xD I don't kow how many times I've drawn the three stones and eye of truth from Ocarina of time, but I'm pretty sure my teacher was sick of seeing them lol  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:29 pm
Ah.. I begin to say things from videogames in real life .__. wich in normal circumstances I keep controled @.@ when I play too much I can even talk to my fav characters and all in my dreams, also, if I'm way to deprived my frustration begins to show with some strange kind of conversations that come of nowhere, I don't know how to explain it at all xP but I already have controled those since I haven't been able to play much in the past months crying  

Nayumi-kuru

Fusion_X_ Rebirth

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:06 pm
I've noticed over the years that many music tracks from video games pop into my head without warning, it could be MMX or any Final Fantasy... XD

I tend to say Metal Gear at random... And on another note when I play Metal Gear for a long time I have urges to press up against walls and go prone and crawl around... sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:59 pm
normally ill just have crazy dreams that mix gameplay into my life, which can be cool or really messed up. if i play guitar hero for a really long time i can still see the buttons scrolling in my mind d:  

forget-me-not fields

Michi is a cat

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 6:58 am
1. The day after I played CSI, I noticed that I was paying more attention to the environment around me (involuntarily), and I remembered stuff like car registration numbers and faces etc.

2. After playing Umbrella Chronicles, I tended to walk slower through dark corridoors, and had a huge urge to shoot every single light I saw in case it contained a first aid spray or some file that I don't even want to read...  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:20 pm
My worst two are realistic racing games and assassin's creed.
When I've been playing too many racing games, I start taking a racing line while walking. I've been doing this so much lately that it has become a habit and I'll just do it involuntarily.

With assassin's creed, I've found that it changes the way I look at the world. After I finished it, (I had been playing it almost straight for 2-3 days) I started planning the best ways to climb buildings. Of course, Altair has massive upper body strength and I don't, but it didn't stop me from planning some jumps/hangs that I would never make.  

Kalathiss

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces