Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Music Artists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

A musician's guild! 

Tags: musicians, music, instruments, bands 

Reply The Music Artists Guild
Do you make music then lyrics? Or vice versa? Which is best? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What is easier to write?
  Music
  Lyrics
  ....Depends
View Results

Schizo_Dude

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:37 pm
i just kinda radndomly do one or the other. if i think of a instramental part i make it then lyrics or the other way around.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:23 pm
I usually listen to a piece of music and the write lyrics, then come up with different music to go with it...I'm weird.  

Ricecrispy

kyogoku-san

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:28 am
Teh Rock
I'm just curious to see what people think about this. I sometimes write random lyrics, but never make music to go with them. Usually I make a random song, then see what my friends think, and than make lyrics to it if it sounds good.

2 me, writing lyics is 10 times easier than composing the music  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:52 pm
I prefer doing the lyrics first. It may be a little stressful but since I don't have many time to play the guitar, thanks to school, then when I get bored in math (i'm good at math) I like to write songs. And then when I have the time aat my house then I try to put the chords togeter.  

ilejak1

JIJITSU SUKAMARU

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:19 pm
I write the songs with programs. First I do some random chords, then I mixed up in the programs. I try to write some lyrics with story the I mixed up together. It works real cool!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:46 pm
hm...i do both biggrin
that's depending on my mood...except i've never shown anyone my lyrics
'coz i think they're retarded...  

_t 0 f u u

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Morning Elegance

Noble Muse

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:33 pm
I'll write the lyrics first and then the song  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:53 am
Hello everyone.
I don't writte the instrumental parts, but for me it's easy to have the melody and write the lyrics thinking about it. Although most times they come together; I'll be walking around the street thinking of something and a tune will come to my mind, melody and lyrics and I'll sing it as I create it. Yes, it is usual for me to be singing to myself. I'm crazy like that. xd And it sometimes happen that when I finish it I don't remember the words, so I take the tune and rewrite the lyrics... sweatdrop
It's hard for me to write without at leat some idea of how it's supposed to sound. rolleyes

Quantic Sakura

Rin_Rock_Star

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:35 am
well, i think if you have a foundation of music it's easier to write the lyrics after. but then again, the lyrics can give you a lot of melodic ideas, so i dunno.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:31 pm
i write lyrics then show them to my friend who plays guitar.he makes up a crazy melody on guitar then i come up with a bass line.on some occasions though,i do come up with the bass line and then the lyrics.  

av74ever

hoop otta

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:53 am
I'll come up with some riffs on guitar or piano, then if I can think up any good lyrics (I usually can't) I'll lay them down on top. The bass and drum parts always take care of themselves in the end.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:31 am
hoop otta
I'll come up with some riffs on guitar or piano, then if I can think up any good lyrics (I usually can't) I'll lay them down on top. The bass and drum parts always take care of themselves in the end.

how long have you been playing piano?  

kyogoku-san

rage1331

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:49 pm
I write the music first. I think that once you have the music set in place, the lyrics will come easier. If you write lyrics first your music seems toned down.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:26 am
Music just flows, it doesn't matter whether or not lyrics or music comes first, it all depends on the mindstate and the song. Our latest came with the lyrics for the chorus first, then writing music for the whole song, then finishing up the lyrics. They all just come out.  

Manic Dingo

A Dance Hall Drug

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:59 pm
I usually write the music first.. and play it while humming a tune..

then the humming turns into words keeping the same tune  
The Music Artists Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces