Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:37 pm
Waynebrizzle
Nintendo does have weak third party support, but that's hardly their fault.

Not to mention most devs complain that Nintendo's games shadow theirs, even though they use their third or fourth string dev teams to make Wii games. Do you actually expect that s**t to do well against Nintendo quality games? Of course not. Like that Soul Calibur game. You know the one. The really awful, shitty one.
I dunno, I think Nintendo has decent third party support. It's just that all the big developers, as you said, put shitty games on their console and then act dumbfounded when they aren't rolling in money from it.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:05 pm
:/ I love my wii. But i feel a huge hole in my craving. Yea, the wii is fun with it's Zelda, Smash bros, Metroid. But what I really want out of a nintendo system is a good online play, and a really good fps. metroid was great. Buuuuut it had no mulity play. Yea shooting computer controled things is fun but I love shooting at other people, and then I love laughing at that person as i blow them up or w.e. I think Nintendo should put on some man pants and get the show going.
I'm hoping red steel 2 will help fill my craving of a good shooter, and a good mulity player/online game. (doubt that's going to happen though).
Nintendo has done a really good job at one thing though that is: getting people's hopes up really high then smashing them into the ground with a half a** piece of crap they call a game. :[
[/crapyrant]  

Undesired Insanity

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:16 pm
Meta_Fish
Waynebrizzle

Not to mention most devs complain that Nintendo's games shadow theirs, even though they use their third or fourth string dev teams to make Wii games. Do you actually expect that s**t to do well against Nintendo quality games? Of course not. Like that Soul Calibur game. You know the one. The really awful, shitty one.
I dunno, I think Nintendo has decent third party support. It's just that all the big developers, as you said, put shitty games on their console and then act dumbfounded when they aren't rolling in money from it.

It's decent, but not as good as it could/should be.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:24 pm
Waynebrizzle
Meta_Fish
Waynebrizzle

It's decent, but not as good as it could/should be.
its original ideas like world of goo, and other original ideas that are big money makers. cause they don't feel like a rip off... HAS NO ONE LEARNED FROM THE NES ERA!?!  

Xilo The Odd

GuruGuru214

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:59 am
The one that really gets me is Capcom. Some might look at their recent projects and see a well-recieved franchise being brought to Wii owners and a few games nostalgically re-exploring the past of a beloved franchise, and that might be called third-party support for the Wii. I look at it and see a crappy port of what appeared to be a good Xbox game, two entirely unimproved ports of GameCube games (one of which is a port of a remake, though an admittedly good remake), and another rail shooter, and I call that passive aggression. Either that or, to quote Yahtzee, "Capcom aren't bad people, they're just idiots." I suppose what Capcom's giving us on the Wii is better than shovelware, but it also seems to do a better job of rubbing salt in the Wii's third-party wound.

And I'm not the biggest fan of fighters that aren't Brawl, so I didn't mention it, but there's also Street Fighter 4...  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:19 am
Undesired Insanity
:/ I love my wii. But i feel a huge hole in my craving. Yea, the wii is fun with it's Zelda, Smash bros, Metroid. But what I really want out of a nintendo system is a good online play, and a really good fps. metroid was great. Buuuuut it had no mulity play. Yea shooting computer controled things is fun but I love shooting at other people, and then I love laughing at that person as i blow them up or w.e. I think Nintendo should put on some man pants and get the show going.
I'm hoping red steel 2 will help fill my craving of a good shooter, and a good mulity player/online game. (doubt that's going to happen though).
Nintendo has done a really good job at one thing though that is: getting people's hopes up really high then smashing them into the ground with a half a** piece of crap they call a game. :[
[/crapyrant]

...g4 tech announced that redsteel 2 will not have multiplayer....  

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:41 am
I am well and truly gobsmacked... Nobody has quoted Chad Warden yet.

I DON' WANNA PLAY NO ********' GAMES WITH NO ********' DIL-DO  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:22 pm
xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx
Undesired Insanity
[/crapyrant]

...g4 tech announced that redsteel 2 will not have multiplayer....

How did i see that coming...  

Undesired Insanity

Gamexrocks

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:56 pm
The gaming industry is always about the money... I don't quite get your point. You can't compare xbox with Nintendo Wii just because the graphics in xbox is better. They both cost a lot because that's how it works. Nintendo makes their games, fun and entertaining, and that's all that counts.  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:49 pm
Some people who say that the PS3 and Xbox360 are better than the wii and say that wii sucks are usually are the ones that do it just to try and start an argument or get someone ticked on purpose. I have heard someone in Earth science that I took during my sophomore year say that when he played the legend of Zelda twilight princess for the wii the graphics were the same as the games for the N64 and had no change at all. The graphics to me were way different than that of the N64 games.  

Lop Bunny Demon

Hallowed Bunny

22,950 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100

jniblick33

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:00 pm
Allegro
needs moar zelda

I am with you on that one.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:20 am
Quote:
Do you think Nintendo is just in it for the money?

I think the other two are more in it for the money, I mean you have to PAY for parts of a game...lolwut?

Quote:
Nintendo has no more hardcore gamers?

*points at self* Not to mention my friend who's like into every gaming tournament in the world is a total nintendo fanboy, and believes all other systems inferior by virtue of not being nintendo, but he'll still rip you apart in Halo.

Quote:
What do you do when people start ranting on about Wii and ds?

I end up ranting back, then getting silence. Don't know if I won of if they're just afraid...  

RyomaKun1992

SlashFighter1988

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:26 am
I personally think that Nintendo isn't the only awesome game company out there. I think that Atari and Sony are great companies in terms of gaming! biggrin The best systems ever made are the Atari 2600 and the PS2 in my opinion because how long they last over the years. By the way I hate the DS lite and DSi because they're cheaply built! My DS's hinge broke when I dropped it! Also the battery life stinks. Only 5 hours! The Gameboy's battery life is 12+ hours! GAMEBOY FOREVER!  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff