Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
What do you think of the crew call-out? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

You ready for new crew?
  yes
  no
View Results

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:09 pm
Since you are arguing it, I assume you have an rp in mind that was successful in not looking stupid in comparison to the original. What is it?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:30 pm
Why should I? Diferent people, diferent defenitions of what is or is not stupid. Just because you thought something was stupid compared to the original, dosnt mean that everyone does, the person next to you might think it was just a good by its self. Furthermore you say that using part of someone elses idea for an rp is lazy, unoriginal and stupid? Then your saying every rp in the guild is lazy, unoriginal and stupid. Any vampire rp uses the idea of vampires, any magic rp uses the concept of magic, medieval uses medieval, every rp uses pre established bases of ideas. Our subforums are named by what idea you are based apon, the Anime subforum mearly uses broader bases for the rps. It is imposible to be 100% original, somebody did at least part of what your doing before. You cant say something based on something else is stupid, just about everything has some insperation or concept you use to build it.  

MorazaDarkheart

Dedicated Lunatic

6,950 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Loiterer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:38 pm
You are taking what I said to extremes. You know well that I'm referring to the copying of popular titles from various forms of media. I know that complete originality is nearly impossible due to the fact that any rp obeys the usual laws of earth. I am arguing my views and opinions and not any other. This means that if you want to win the argument you must sway my view. I don't see you doing that unless you know of an rp that has successfully gone under the name of another work of art, stayed true to it, and didn't make it look stupid by its end. If you can't show proof of your side, then I will show proof of mine and win.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:59 pm
Novama weather you ment to or not, you bashed on every participent of a the Anime subform, just by saying any, your including extreams.

And why must a peice from the anime subforum be 100% true to its insperation? Can i not have a good starwars rp that has nothing to do with the fighting of jedi and sith? So what if im not staying true to the serries, why cant i just tell a good story about Mercs on Narr Shadar? Do all the Rps about mythical creatures stay 100% in check with all the countless lore of them?

It dosnt need to conform to the exact plot of its basis to be good. Just because i changed the rules of the world dosnt mean its crap.

Anyway, a lot of the rps in the anime subform are never about the stories and plots of what there based on, its the setting. The anime subform is for doing rps within the setting of an established universe. Weather or not we use the plot of it is our choice, were not required to follow it so why should you expect us to?

And lastly, again you say, "and didn't make it look stupid by its end." Stop that. Just because you thought someones Lord of the Rings rp was a mocery of the serries, dosnt mean that the people who played in it didnt love it and didnt have a good time. It was fun, buetiful, and a good tribute to them. Who are you to say it was stupid? Your welcome to your veiws, but keep in mind eveyone elses are diffrent.  

MorazaDarkheart

Dedicated Lunatic

6,950 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Loiterer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:06 pm
I intended to. I believe all of the anime sub-forum's authors could work harder. The piece must be 100% true to inspiration otherwise it shouldn't be put in the anime forum. Your idea is fine as long as you stay true to the main storyline and your made up storyline does not contradict the real story. What's the point in calling it starwars if it goes against what starwars was and stood for? There is no point. Better off just making your own rp and title and taking a few of the elements of the series. It is because vamps and other mythical creatures have multiple lores on them that they are a generic race with lists of said abilities. Without 1 format to follow, citation is not necessary. A stupid rp is stupid. If it makes a joke of blood and sweat another puts into his or her work then it does not deserve to exist.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:16 pm
Novama, yes they need to work harder, but there is nothing saying, we MUST stay true to the original. As for lore, starwars has about as much lore as vampires. look up wookiepedia, tell me you can stay true to everything there.

And agian you say stupid, you still have no right to call all the works in the anime subforum stupid, your not god you cant decide what is or is not good for diffrent people, some people dont want a masterpeice. Some want utercrap, so its their right to it.  

MorazaDarkheart

Dedicated Lunatic

6,950 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Loiterer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:25 pm
I have the right to think things are stupid as I see fit. I judge them according to my standards. If you think my version of mediocre is great, then that is your deal. Starwars comes from a common point: Lucas. Vampires come from countries all around the world with their own legends and stuff. If one country's legend were to disappear, vampires would still live on. If Lucas disappeared, starwars would have failed to of been realized. By agreeing with me, you do not help your side, so if you want to argue a point and win, do not support your opposition. You only made my stand stronger by reinforcing some of what I had said.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:00 pm
Novama, who is your side? What subforum do you hang around most, where do you rp? Is it not filled of pages of crap that shouldnt have been posted in the first place? Couldnt I as eaisly trash talk what goes on there as you do with mine?

Yes. Of couce theres what can considered crap throught the whole guild, but what your doing is not helping, you just ranting about one subforums proublems while every other one shares the same fualts. If lucas dies tomorow, does starwars die, No! Most of Starwars nowadays has nothing to do with Lucas besides his name and signiture say yes you can write a book about that.

Honestly Novama, i just thing your starting to be a d**k, im cooperating with you, im seeing things from your angle, or at least trying, and your just continuly bashing a groups prefrence of rp topic. Your not geting anyone anywhere. Im sorry but here is my point, dont go on about how your not a d**k because of whatever or anything about lucas, just listen.

Just because we based it on a perticular anime or game it does not mean its crap from the start. If its not to par with the serries, thats the individuals choice, he was never required to in the first place and should not be called stupid for wanting to do things diffrenty.

I love Mass Effect, i made a Mass Effect Rp. I made sure it has nothing to do with the games acctual plot because i respect it and know not to ruin it. Yes i could just remake everything in a simmilar generic space marines rp, but why spend hours explaining everything when i can just set it in the Mass Effect universe. The Anime subform is a place of love, it is creative, it is stupid, but im sure many a man would call all of us stupid for rping to begin with.

Let us end this argument, as you should know, it is very hard to change someones mind despite who is right or wrong, so let us try and come to a mutal understanding.  

MorazaDarkheart

Dedicated Lunatic

6,950 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Loiterer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:16 pm
I don't mind agreeing to disagree. I said as much in my last post. This all started when I idly voiced my opinion and you became defensive, so if you want to quit, then be my guest.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:30 pm
I would like to end this on this note, your oppinions, believes and everything that weve said aside.

You appologize for insulting everyone in the Anime subforum.

I appologize for calling you a d**k.

Both of us were breaking guild rules with this, so lets just apologize and stay away from arguemts like this.  

MorazaDarkheart

Dedicated Lunatic

6,950 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Loiterer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:39 pm
I will not apologize for what I have not wronged. This is my thread and it was not designed with the intent of flamming and my comment was not an aggressive attack, but simply an idle comment. This is the ooc sub-forum and I am allowed to voice my opinions. Anyone who views my thread has the right to agree or disagree, to view or not to view, but nothing more. I couldn't care less what you think of me or call me. So allow me to end it on this note: I'm not sorry, I don't care about your opinion of me, and I still believe the anime sub-forum is 100% full of below par rp's when compared to the majority of the rest of the guild's.  
U/C

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff