Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Cross Necklaces? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

fhbnfghnbfgbsnbg

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:09 pm
When I was at a bookstore today, I happened to see that they were selling these Christian t-shirts.
All of them had slogans like "Hii saved me" and a picture of a Jesus Mii or a picture of Jesus's whipped back with the words "Read between the lines" superimposed upon it.
Just made me sick.
Worth noting, however, is that they had a shirt with this on it in the religious t-shirt section.
Amused me to no end.
I think the creator is atheist? I'm not too sure.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:08 pm
KuroFur
When I was at a bookstore today, I happened to see that they were selling these Christian t-shirts.
All of them had slogans like "Hii saved me" and a picture of a Jesus Mii or a picture of Jesus's whipped back with the words "Read between the lines" superimposed upon it.
Just made me sick.
Worth noting, however, is that they had a shirt with this on it in the religious t-shirt section.
Amused me to no end.

You don't know the half of it brother! When I was at a truck stop, I cam across a whole line of T-shirts that do nothing but borderline blaspheme by pushing Christ with clever phrases and parodies of nearly every major element of pop culture such as iPod, Myspeace, Facebook, Reases, American Idol, and even The Geek Squad. Dude, check it out.

- Kerusso T-Shirts

Dathu

Newbie Noob

Arios V

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:38 pm
Dathu
KuroFur
Just made me sick.
Amused me to no end.

You don't know the half of it brother! When I was at a truck stop, I cam across a whole line of T-shirts that do nothing but borderline blaspheme by pushing Christ with clever phrases and parodies of nearly every major element of pop culture such as iPod, Myspeace, Facebook, Reases, American Idol, and even The Geek Squad. Dude, check it out.

- Kerusso T-Shirts

Wow....

My favorite is still this one  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:43 pm
User Image
I love it when they show him blocking a goal with that phrase. I was gonna post the image, but in the one I like, Jesus looks more like a Peanuts character, and I can't find it.

Dathu

Newbie Noob

ellell89

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:51 am
I don't mind showing faith, "got jesus" kinda amuses me. What I hate is when people where crosses because they look nice, so many people have them because they 'look nice' I was bought one buy my agnostic aunti, (my family is pretty much agnostic.) She bought it me because its stylish. I am a big fan of silver, but I can't put it on its spitting on my faith.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:27 am
I kind of get the sikh idea of symbolism and whatnot, but christians really go to fer with their Jesus apparel. I can go with wearing a cross. I can even stand a t-shirt. Heck, even bumper stickers are tolerable, but one doesn' need a baseball cap, a belt buckle, a watch (I kid you not) or a Jesus bobblehead.

There's being overt about your faith and then there's rubbing it in peoples' faces.  

almisami

Fashionable Fatcat

7,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Nardone

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:00 pm
haha i find that kinda funny.. its almost like what the church did back in the middle ages when they sold "indulgences" to help people get into "heaven" but when that happened it ******** up the church really bad.. thats when they lost most of there power.. but i really dont think they should have posters for it whether it be in a religion section or not.. its promoting religion that some people dont believe in..  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:25 pm
Divided and conquered. Gripped by fear.
Wishful thinking that it can't happen hear..

User Image

I despise them with a passion. However, those that broadcast their religion on their bodys make it easy for me to steer clear of them and their bigot train.

User Image

It's well underway but nobody knows.
A repeat of history, That's how it goes..

Yur-Yur Yuri

Beloved Phantom

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Survivor 150

In Search of a Dream

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:59 pm
I think silver crosses are pretty and those Jesus T-shirts are funny. What I don't like are those huge gold necklaces with Jesus's face on them. That gets a bit annoying.
But then again, it's their body, their right to what they wear, and I'm pretty sure that's already been mentioned. As long as they don't force me to wear something like that, I'm okay.
almisami
I kind of get the sikh idea of symbolism and whatnot, but christians really go to fer with their Jesus apparel. I can go with wearing a cross. I can even stand a t-shirt. Heck, even bumper stickers are tolerable, but one doesn' need a baseball cap, a belt buckle, a watch (I kid you not) or a Jesus bobblehead.

There's being overt about your faith and then there's rubbing it in peoples' faces.

They have Jesus bobble heads? eek  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:05 pm
YuriOfSexyland DIMD
Divided and conquered. Gripped by fear.
Wishful thinking that it can't happen hear..

User Image

I despise them with a passion. However, those that broadcast their religion on their bodys make it easy for me to steer clear of them and their bigot train.

User Image

It's well underway but nobody knows.
A repeat of history, That's how it goes..

Labtech Soosh

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100

Colm-kun

2,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:58 pm
Well I kind of see relation to this in other things... such as when a black person says "Black Power" no one gives a s**t. They think he must have a cause. But when a white person shouts "White Power" he's suddenly the public enemy.

As it is Atheist's are considered the Antagonist for expressing their ideas, but Christians are somehow honored for doing the same.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:52 pm
i dont really mind it that much.. for the most part i accept peoples religion..
i do however hate when people are inyourface religion assholes..
that is when i get mad and nasty at them..
but if you think about it..
isnt the cross a horrible thing to wear?
its a necklace showing a man NAILED to a peice of wood..
and the strangest thing of all is that people will look at them and say "o wow thats a beutiful cross your wearing!"
i no longer have any crosses because of that thought.. so when i declared myself atheist i burned my two crosses and my bible as a nice warm hearted "******** you" to the church XD  

Nardone

DarkHyacinth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:29 pm
Er I don't really have a problem
Jesus is my homeboy T-shirts make me laugh
If it's something putting down other religions then I would get angry.
You can wear whatever torture device you want around your neck, I don't mind.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:22 am
ellell89
I don't mind showing faith, "got jesus" kinda amuses me. What I hate is when people where crosses because they look nice, so many people have them because they 'look nice' I was bought one buy my agnostic aunti, (my family is pretty much agnostic.) She bought it me because its stylish. I am a big fan of silver, but I can't put it on its spitting on my faith.
>>;; I wear crosses because they look nice... but I also have an upside-down cross to counter it ^-^

I don't consider the cross to only be a symbol of Christian Faith, just like the Swastika/Sun Wheel doesn't really mean you are a Nazi. It's used for other things. B
Quote:
esides with how much s**t they pack into those things these days, jewels and other flashy things, they are extremely fashionable and have almost unconsciously lost their meaning in public.

Quote:
i dont really mind it that much.. for the most part i accept peoples religion..
i do however hate when people are inyourface religion assholes..
that is when i get mad and nasty at them..
but if you think about it..
isnt the cross a horrible thing to wear?
its a necklace showing a man NAILED to a peice of wood..
and the strangest thing of all is that people will look at them and say "o wow thats a beutiful cross your wearing!"
i no longer have any crosses because of that thought.. so when i declared myself atheist i burned my two crosses and my bible as a nice warm hearted "******** you" to the church XD

About this... XD Yeah I really don't see how a dead Jew bleeding on wood is "Beautiful" and I certainly would not like one hanging in my dining room... why don't you just rip out someones intestines as a center-piece? Complete your theme.

Colm-kun

2,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:46 am
Colm-kun
About this... XD Yeah I really don't see how a dead Jew bleeding on wood is "Beautiful" and I certainly would not like one hanging in my dining room... why don't you just rip out someones intestines as a center-piece? Complete your theme.

User Image
I'm totally gonna say that out loud the next time I see a crucifix! "Hey, look at that dead Jew bleeding on wood!" xd

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff