Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
Electrical Issues ///// Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lights out!
  :o
View Results

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:25 pm
✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖

Ok. Before I answer anything I wanna say:
      You know what's farked up?? ...I'm having the same electrical problem again. ~_~';;;;;; My computer has been moved back into the living room floor. xD
      This house is only 5 years old, so the wiring can't just be "old" like the landlord is claiming.
      I think he's a cheap b*****d who didn't really get this place up to code before renting it out. ~_~;;;;;;;;

ANYWAY. >_>;;
      Jeez no. I didn't mean spices at all.
      Anything that can keep for months & months or even years would be something I would keep. 3nodding

We go shopping once a week, and purchase only the things we will need for -that- week.
      If we buy a package of meat, it's split up to where one package makes multiple meals.
      We will not cook it all at one time...therefore no cooked leftovers.
      We only cook what we are hungry for at the moment, that way there isn't any wasting.

Something such as eggs or milk, I rarely purchase.
      They aren't something that I use on a regular basis, and will more than likely go sour before I have a chance to use them.
      I'd rather not buy them, than to have them end up going bad.

We aren't rich by any means.
      And it seems like......buying certain items in smaller portions is more expensive than buying a larger quantity. Therefore, I don't get said items at all.

...Does that make a little more sense? :/
      I think the only real way to understand it would be to live it.
      But, I tried to explain it the best I could.

ℛîñíÏʞã৳å®û

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:01 pm
Purple: *laughs* I've so done that. However, it's good to look at expiration dates cause when they're way past the expiration they so aren't good. Found that out the hard way with eggs. sweatdrop

Dude: OMG! You're just like my Grandfather! That man, I swear, could be happy eating the exact same meal every day for the rest of his life or close enough to it.

Rini: Huh...That's pretty messed up. The only other thing I might say could be the problem is the wiring is old. I'm not saying has been in the house a long time, but that it wasn't brand new when put in. OR...it was put in wrong and certain wires touch each other there for short each other out or whatever. I'm sorry to hear that and hope it gets fixed soon.

Ohhhhhhhhh! I get what you're saying! My parents use to do that when I was little. We had a huge freezer that we kept all this stuff in from wrapped meat, to extra bread. Though frozen bread sucks just gotta say that especially if you don't turn it often as you thaw it.

*blinks* You don't eat eggs??? The milk I can understand not a big milk fan myself, but eggs? Wow...I've never known anyone who didn't keep eggs, but hey whatever makes you happy. I found so many things to do with eggs like omelets, egg sandwiches, breakfast eggs, and more. They're a quick and easy meal for me so I go threw eggs like there is no tomorrow. sweatdrop

However, I think you explained it well and it does make sense now thank you. A very interesting cooking arrangement you have but understandable. ^_^  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:40 pm
Rini: That is a much better explanation. Thanks for the detail. I wouldn't do that myself very often, but it deffinately makes sence. I wouldn't be able to go without chocolate that long though. sweatdrop

Sounds like the wiring in our house (though not that bad).
I opened a light switch once and found the ground wire not even connected.
It doesn't even have a covering, so it touched one of the main wires once and tripped a circuit breaker. Good thing I know how to fix that stuff.

Moonracer: YOUR GRANFATHER! gee, thanks crying
But seriously, pizza is awesome. I like to eat it cold, right out of the fridge.

Actually it's the opposite for me. I drink milk if I eat something that goes well with milk, but I never eat anything where eggs is the main ingredient.
I'll eat ice cream, but never scrambled eggs.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:48 pm
Man, I'd be so mad if my landlord was like that. stressed That sucks. Is there somebody you can report him to? surprised

Eggs get used up pretty fast in my house, too. I only buy the cage-free kind, but my mom gets regular eggs for her and my dad. Both of them go really fast. xp

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:07 am
I'm sure there's someplace to repart him to.
Like the city building inspector or something.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:09 pm
✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖

I very rarely eat eggs.
      The only thing we use them for is baking cakes or things like that.
      3nodding
      I'm lactose intolerant so I have to take "medication" before eating//drinking any dairy products.
      Most often, I just don't purchase them.

About the electric;
      Yeah.....at first I assumed it was simply the circuits.
      But, I didn't want to flip it, in case it caught fire. (Which it did.)
      So...it was replaced.
      He's already gone to look at the wiring and he's saying everything is fine.
      They are telling us now that it's the electric company sending "surges" of power through the lines.
      I don't know.

I've investigated the housing commission here.
      But, unless the electric goes totally out and he refuses to fix it, there isn't much that can be done.
      I explained that it was a fire hazard and the guy told me.. "just don't plug anything high voltage in that room" ~_~;;;;;;

ℛîñíÏʞã৳å®û

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:18 am
Lazy people. xp I'm sure there's some agency who would kick their butts into gear. But it depends on how much trouble you want to go to.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:47 am
Yeah,
There's gotta be someone to report this A** to.

People like that deserve to be punched in the face.
twisted  

xwhateverxdudex

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:21 pm
Dude: Aw, it's not the insult you think it is. I love my grandfather he's the cutest thing every, but seriously he could eat the same meal everyday of his life. My mum use to eat cold pizza straight from the fridge, but doesn't much anymore. Me I can't eat left over pizza unless I'm super hungry and there is nothing else to eat.

Purple: You get cage-free eggs too!? Sweet so do I! That is when the lady my mum hits up at work doesn't give us some of her fresh, laid the day before from her chickens, eggs.

Rini: Ah, I see well good reason not to buy them that often. Aw, I'm sorry to hear you're lactose intolerant. I think I am at least slightly cause if I have a lot of milk like REAL milk shakes or I drink milk (Yuck) then I don't feel well that evening and some the next day. However, I can eat a ton of cheese which I'm thankful for cause I LOVE cheese.

As for your electric problem... Have you tried calling an actually electrician to your place your self not threw your landlord? Maybe they could confirm the landlord's words or disprove it and find the true problem. It's a thought anyway. However, it sounds like you have a real winner of a landlord there...and yes I'm being sarcastic.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:20 am
Your mom knows someone at work that has her own chickens?
WOW  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:33 pm
I want a pet chicken. whee  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:52 pm
LOL
That would be funny...  

xwhateverxdudex

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:58 pm
✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖

When I lived at the motel, about 5 years ago...there was a guy there who had a rooster. >_<;;;

Actually, we cannot hire our own electrician. That would be against our lease and considered tampering with things without consent from the landlord. It's stupid, but it's law.

It's no big deal. We finally got the electrician back, and while he was here he & I had a nice little conversation about the landlord and housing laws. He has family on the city council and he's going to talk to them about what I can do//who I can talk to about a lot of issues. 4laugh

ℛîñíÏʞã৳å®û

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:28 pm
Dude: Yes, my mum knows a lady at work who owns her own chickens. ^_^

Purple: I had a pet chicken once. I picked one out of all the other chickens we had and it became my pet. It would sit in my lap when I swung on the swing in my backyard. ^_^

Rini: *blinks* Wow that's just not even right! Hey alright! Glad it seems like things are starting to turn around for you. Hope it goes well. Good luck!  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash