Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
I'm seriously doing this. (New Zelda game details inside!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:57 am
Harupiggy
Meta_Fish
Super Cheesio
Link had better get the Master Sword in this game. evil
You see? This is something I hate about Zelda fans. If anything from the standard formula is changed they get their panties in a knot (David too). Let the Zelda series change. Let it be something better; something new. Let there be creativity. Give Link something other than a green tunic! Make the hero something other than an Aryan! Change the time setting, delete the triforce, no more Epona, make him speak, give him emotion, replace Ganon, have some politics; DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT.

STEAMPUNK! <3 Lol, I just really want to see how they'd do it in a futuristic style.
I wouldn't even mind steampunk. Just not the same ******** setting as every other Zelda game, especially considering they all take place in totally different times. The only real difference I can think of is the flood.

The games have neat core storylines generally, but let's get something crazy cool and new.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:07 am
Well Fish, I agree that change would be for the better, but you have to think like the fans here for a moment. No master sword means no Ganondorf.

I'm really not confident enough in either theory to bet, but regardless, I hope Wayne is right.  

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

MaverickDrifter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:30 am
I'm with Wayne. Even though I don't have enough gold. I'll just go and sell some stuff.

@Fish: How 'bout something where link has to get some sort of dark weapons to defeat Ganon? and then as he becomes overwhelmed by the darkness, there's this cool mini boss where you use a spirit sword (lol Kuwabara) to defeat the darkness consuming you.

And it is NOT like SpiderMan 3. If I ever based an idea off of that on purpose, I'd slap myself with a cactus leaf.

EDIT: I'm betting on your side, but i'll just give all the money I have since I don't have 10k right now. I'll just say when I have the 10k  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:18 am
I'm not sure which side I should bet on.. Well to begin I do bet that they will reveal the elda game today. It has been awhile since we had one for the wii and it is coming to that time they would be putting one out.
I am not sure if this girl in that image will turn into Link's sword. It is odd that he is not holding one nor is it in sight or hinted at anywheres. I may not agree with the girl being his sword but I think there will be some kind of connection so I will bet with you on this.  

SirBud

Al Torrenz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:46 am
Wayne is ******** right.

She... looks like a sword. Her head is all steel-ish, and her hair looks like the tip of a blade. She could spread those coat-wing-things, and if you look at her legs, the stockings actually sort of look like a handle. I can see her polymorphing into a sword anytime. Maybe she's even the master sword. The color and her coat-wings seem right.

I'm with wayne.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:54 am
http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=84856#comment-section

Some b***h stole my idea. )<  

Waynebrizzle

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:56 am
Meta_Fish
Yeah, but it also looks like a spirit from Windwaker. Well that might be more reason it's a spirit. Blue is wisdom, right? Maybe Zelda is the spirit. I'll bet with Wayne in any regard. At least it's something a little different, if it is. I hope that's not the only ******** thing though. I'm sick of them not doing more cool s**t to Zelda.

Looking at the picture one more time, I'm certain it's the sword. Look at a picture of the Master Sword and then look at this picture. The cloak looks like the hilt, the jewel on her forehead is like the jewel on the handle, and her legs are pretty bare, so that's the blade.

But yeah, does Link look like anyone? Big nose, long, golden hair, blue eyes... the eyebrows.... Cough cough.
OMFG I AM THE CHOSEN ONE

Her legs have the diamond design on the handle, actually. Take a look at the picture comparison on Gonintendo. And obviously, the head is the blade, because it points and s**t.

Edit: Okay guys, depending on the circumstances, I may stop taking bets soon.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:22 am
NintendOmega
Well Fish, I agree that change would be for the better, but you have to think like the fans here for a moment. No master sword means no Ganondorf.
Good. We've only fouht Ganondorf how many times? Do something different, and not just Vaati. Don't just change the final boss of the game. Don't just change the plot that gets you from quiet young humble boy to adventuring hero to hero of time that beats Ganon and saves the world. Change more. Slay Ganon forever.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:33 am
The girl might very well BE the Master Sword.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:48 am
I'm willing to bet against the girl being the sword, if only because I don't think Nintendo would reveal that much this early, even if it is only through small bits of a character design.

Also, if it has something to do with the sword turning into the girl (as in, inanimate object gaining consciousness, ala Pinocchio) then I say we consider this a draw, or something.
Yes?  

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:58 am
dragn99
I'm willing to bet against the girl being the sword, if only because I don't think Nintendo would reveal that much this early, even if it is only through small bits of a character design.

Also, if it has something to do with the sword turning into the girl (as in, inanimate object gaining consciousness, ala Pinocchio) then I say we consider this a draw, or something.
Yes?
Miyamoto showed it off to a closed audience who was to not take any pictures or use any sort of photography, but someone did, and got a blurry image which has been leaked onto the internet. Then Miyamoto officially revealed this image.

If the girl turns into the sword it's a draw? I'd still say the people that thought "sword = girl" wins.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:27 pm
Meta_Fish
NintendOmega
Good. We've only fouht Ganondorf how many times? Do something different, and not just Vaati. Don't just change the final boss of the game. Don't just change the plot that gets you from quiet young humble boy to adventuring hero to hero of time that beats Ganon and saves the world. Change more. Slay Ganon forever.
I'm hoping for some sort of clone or evil version of Link...  

Super Cheesio

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:44 pm
Super Cheesio
Meta_Fish
NintendOmega
I'm hoping for some sort of clone or evil version of Link...
We've done the dark Link thing before. Clones would be weird in the universe this is sure to be set in. But yeah, that would be a neat change-up. Two Links, both trying to save the world, both having been told they were the chosen hero, the hero of time. It could even open up for multi-player (co-op/counter-op) and help make the storyline more engaging.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:02 pm
Meta_Fish
NintendOmega

I'd like to see it where Link following his formula to defeat what he THINKS is the evil guy/girl, but as the story goes along, people around him are questionging whether what Link is doing is right. Or if the villian is even even a villain.
Like, the antagonist is doing this for the greater good, and Link with is pure, justice-for-all sense, immediatly targets this man.

Simply put;
The bad guy/bad girl isn't really bad at all, but is acting for the greater good of Hyrule, insert evil demi-god boss and such, which has been the true antagonist.
So the game is actually longer than it looks, even after you do your eight dungeons, go against the 'villian' and then find out that he/she is actually one of the good guys. Link and now-protagonist team up to do new kinds of quests, not dungeons. There'll still be boss battles and such.
You know.... What a twist!

Or, or, they could do it where along the sotry line, Link becomes corrupt, and sides with the villian. :/ I'd very much like to see something like this, because then, you'd split into two different story paths. Which means there'll be more chances of a Zelda game to not even include Link, but the new protagonist.

problematic briefcase

O.G. Sex Symbol

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:13 pm
Harupiggy
Meta_Fish
NintendOmega

I'd like to see it where Link following his formula to defeat what he THINKS is the evil guy/girl, but as the story goes along, people around him are questionging whether what Link is doing is right. Or if the villian is even even a villain.
Like, the antagonist is doing this for the greater good, and Link with is pure, justice-for-all sense, immediatly targets this man.

Simply put;
The bad guy/bad girl isn't really bad at all, but is acting for the greater good of Hyrule, insert evil demi-god boss and such, which has been the true antagonist.
So the game is actually longer than it looks, even after you do your eight dungeons, go against the 'villian' and then find out that he/she is actually one of the good guys. Link and now-protagonist team up to do new kinds of quests, not dungeons. There'll still be boss battles and such.
You know.... What a twist!

Or, or, they could do it where along the sotry line, Link becomes corrupt, and sides with the villian. :/ I'd very much like to see something like this, because then, you'd split into two different story paths. Which means there'll be more chances of a Zelda game to not even include Link, but the new protagonist.
I like the first idea a lot. Questioning morality, the good guy is bad, the bad guy is good; stuff like that. Where is the line drawn, etc.

And yeah, where maybe Ganondorf at the end of the game tempts Link with visions of Power and stuff to "come to the dark side" and Link does. That would be a kickass ending.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff