Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
The generic and boring player 3 and 4 Toads now have names! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who's your favorite?
  Yvan
  Wolley
View Results

Mukuchina Kurasu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:33 pm
SirBud
Bongardo
Teh AK
I think Toad would make sense.

...but not Toads. >_>;
How do multiple Toads make less sence. There are many Toads in Mushroom Kingdom. Thats been the case in just about every game.

That is like saying hey I want to make a fighting game and make half the characters the same character but recolor them. Someone was too lazy to think of one or maybe two other characters they could have used.

it's not the same....

Who could they use instead of Toads?

Koopa's? They are Mario's enemy, no.

Donkey Kong? he is just for pary games as well, and he has is own series. (though we haven't seen it in a while...)

Wario? Perhaps. but it would be wierd. He doesn't normally help Mario. Only time he did was in the remake of super mario 64.

Waluigi? he is just for party games.

And different color mario and Luigi? NO! that's the worst you could do when you have any other characters that are willing to help mario.

The Toads are perfect, they are frendly, and willing to help the mario bros.
And even if Nintendo doesn't give them names, We can still call them Yvan and Wolley. (Or you can up with your own names for them)  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:43 pm
Bongardo
SirBud
Bongardo
Teh AK

...but not Toads. >_>;
How do multiple Toads make less sence. There are many Toads in Mushroom Kingdom. Thats been the case in just about every game.

That is like saying hey I want to make a fighting game and make half the characters the same character but recolor them. Someone was too lazy to think of one or maybe two other characters they could have used.

it's not the same....

Who could they use instead of Toads?

Koopa's? They are Mario's enemy, no.

Donkey Kong? he is just for pary games as well, and he has is own series. (though we haven't seen it in a while...)

Wario? Perhaps. but it would be wierd. He doesn't normally help Mario. Only time he did was in the remake of super mario 64.

Waluigi? he is just for party games.

And different color mario and Luigi? NO! that's the worst you could do when you have any other characters that are willing to help mario.

The Toads are perfect, they are frendly, and willing to help the mario bros.
And even if Nintendo doesn't give them names, We can still call them Yvan and Wolley. (Or you can up with your own names for them)

In a perfect world we could have used Geno or Mallow from rpg but alas that could never come true. While Yoshi could have been someone to play as rather than an item to use in the game. The princess could have been used or Daisy and give us a new story besides save the princess deal.
Hell they could have given us new characters as they can make orginal villians like they have a few times now. As toad is over rated and over used in many games to begin with. Using one toad is ok and is acceptable but using a second one doesn't add to the game but takes away from it.
Mario is classic while Luigi still tries his best to break out into the spot light. A single toad is acceptable because there is so many but you throw in another one and it is like oh.... no difference no nothing? No one really likes to play the clone character and that is what this is. It doesn't add but takes away from it. Good god they could have took the characters from paper mario which hey look at that Koopa's and Goomba's and even boo's helped mario win the day. People would perfer to have moe varity then having 3 friends and their tag along kid that minics someone. They could have used other characters easily or made a new one. With that we could truly have added more to this already kick a** looking game. It could have been done and done right but they droped the ball on that one.  

SirBud

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:48 pm
SirBud
Bongardo
Teh AK

...but not Toads. >_>;

Wow, that sounds a lot like Brawl.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:52 pm
l-Kathulu-l
SirBud
Bongardo
Teh AK

...but not Toads. >_>;

Wow, that sounds a lot like Brawl.

True. They promised no clones and guess what we get clones. Did they add to the game? No not really. It took away from it espically where 3 of the characters had the same final smash *cough cough* It took away from the game... It was still a kick a** game I still love but because of clone characters it does take away from it as I see it.  

SirBud

DJNanners

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:34 pm
It should have been Wario and Waluigi not 2 stupid toads.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:48 pm
Zero Lilith
They explain that point in the article.

I like Yvan and Wolley.

Hell, I might even start wanting to be third player now. (******** Wolley. He's a douche.)
Go Yvan!  

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Mukuchina Kurasu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:42 pm
dragn99
Zero Lilith

I like Yvan and Wolley.

Hell, I might even start wanting to be third player now. (******** Wolley. He's a douche.)
Go Yvan!

YES! someone else who likes Yvan and Wolley! And understands they are different!

Dragn, you are aewsome! biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:54 pm
Bongardo
dragn99
Zero Lilith

I like Yvan and Wolley.

Go Yvan!

YES! someone else who likes Yvan and Wolley! And understands they are different!

They explained a lot of their differences in the second page.
But yes, Yvan seems like the cool one to me. Tough I can see how others will prefer Wolley.  

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:57 pm
SirBud
Bongardo
Teh AK

...but not Toads. >_>;

*coughMOSTFIGHTERGAMESDOTHIScough* xd

could of been worse, they could of made a ugly new character that no one likes *coughRAIDENFROMMGS2cough* xd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:12 pm
dragn99
Bongardo
dragn99
Zero Lilith

I like Yvan and Wolley.

Go Yvan!

They explained a lot of their differences in the second page.
But yes, Yvan seems like the cool one to me. Tough I can see how others will prefer Wolley.
yeah I know, but not many people read the second page.

and I like Wolley... stare
But they are both cool biggrin  

Mukuchina Kurasu

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:56 pm
YOU HERD IT HERE FOLKS!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:09 am
Nice, spelling things backwards makes old things new. Never thought the Toad duo would get names, but I'm not complaining I think that it is cool that they gave 'em names. 3nodding smile  

Fusion_X_ Rebirth

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:15 am
Fusion_X_ Rebirth
Nice, spelling things backwards makes old things new. Never thought the Toad duo would get names, but I'm not complaining I think that it is cool that they gave 'em names. 3nodding smile
Keep in mind that they're not official though :p

...Yet.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:19 am
I think the whole idea of color differentiation makes sense. I mean, their colors really stood out in the Propeller suits  

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:50 pm
Now they can give the red one a name instead of just calling him "Toad." He can be Der. DER  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff