Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
this is a question for the ladies #2 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NeverMore42_6_6_6

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:27 pm
O_O... That would make my mom elderly this year... I'm really glad my mom wasn't on here to see that comment, she would argue with you so badly!! xd You are safe until my mom has enough time to get on gaia again. xd Run for your life when she does!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:01 pm
Well put brother well put. I really can't say anything more to that since he summed it up beautiful and quiet elegantly.  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

NeverMore42_6_6_6

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:32 pm
Yes, yes he did. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:03 am
Well yeah, 40 may be elderly in less developed parts of the world where the cultural view on appearance is most likely not the same as it is in most of the developed world. I find in the developed parts of the world, the family unit seems to be breaking down, there's less respect for authority figures and an overall materialistic view of the world. We value power, youth in our appearance, our possessions and often judge the worth of others by those things too.

Plenty of kids on this site openly post how they hate their own parents etc. I don't believe we should respect authority figures without question just because they're older, or in a higher position of some sort, but age does count for something. Someone older than you is more likely to be wiser and have more knowledge.

The obsession with appearance I think is just one of the examples of our materialistic view. There is a basic animal instinct level to this as well. Gotta look good to attract mates, right? Well, we've got the medical know-how to do it now so people take advantage of it. If you ask me we'd do far better to push beyond this far too earthly way of seeing things. We need to become more emotionally and spiritually stronger. We need more confidence in ourselves so we feel happy in our own skin.

edit: I think it should go without saying but to be on the safe side here's a little disclaimer: of course people are free to disagree blah blah just my opinion blah blah

Iakun

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:18 pm
LOL

All that is so true.

Though I can't help but prefer a picture of a girl that's skinny to one that's...
um...
fluffy.

^.^  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:03 pm
Well I don't think anyone really means to force the idea onto people that we need to forget about appearance entirely. We still are "animals". When it comes to attraction I think there needs to be a healthy balance of personality and appearance. But not everyone is that lucky. Like myself, I think my personality and my appearance are crap so I'm SOL when it comes to being attractive to anyone.

For all the preaching I do, I have insecurities as well that could push me to wanting some sort of procedure done, and lying about my age. *le sigh* Feeling comfortable in your skin is such an ongoing process... I know the thread was targeted at women, but I think both men and women suffer from this not wanting to be old thing, though women more noticeably so.

Iakun

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:57 pm
I've seen a village in China that some of the elders live to be well into their 100's and are still pretty dang vivacious.

However, I do agree that this desire to look good, be comfortable in our own skins, personalities, and so on is something that both men and women suffer. I PERSONALLY believe that there are probably just as many men out there that suffer, but society claims that a man must "be a man" and not show emotion and some such...crap so we don't hear about their suffering. While it's socially okay for a woman to complain about it opening because well...it's a girl they can't help but be all weepy and such.

And bro I think you're personality is great! You're a kind caring person with a big heart and a lot of love to give. But what do I know I'm bias right? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:04 pm
Aww I suddenly feel special. heart xp

Iakun

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:21 pm
Well you should cause you are special ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:34 pm
It's true.

The norm is to say that women are the emotional ones.
But most guys I know, including me, have emotions that are easily altered by what's going on around them. I can be happy one minute and pissed off the next, or depressed, or just content.

Accoring to studdies, guys have mood swings every 7 mins. But it happens so fast that it's ignored. So when it comes to chemicals in your brain, guys are more emotionally unstable then women.

As for appearance, I know I'm shallow. But at the same time, I know I'm not that good looking myself. I'll admit it, I'm a hypocrite, but so are most people, so frankly, I don't care.

When it comes to relationships, I know that appearance isn't everything, but there HAS to be at least some physical attraction. Or you might find yourself thinking of that hotty down the road, instead of the one your with, and that's not fair for either person.  

xwhateverxdudex

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:28 pm
*huggles Dude* I knew you were awesome! Okay sorry was excited there. Anyway...

Seriously you're right Guy's have emotions if they didn't they couldn't act on them and get into trouble or every guy that joined the military could shoot some guy, etc. So yeah guy's have emotions it's established and I think they should be allowed to feel whatever they damn well feel because keeping it bottled up sucks!

I have to say you make a valid point there if there isn't some kind of attractiveness then you're not going to stick around. I'm not saying take out all the attractiveness but...

Okay put it like this the first thing that catches your attention is say that persons hair or their eyes or whatever, then you'll move on to see if you can stand looking at them for more then 2 minutes once that's established you make contact see if they have a personality that is either a turn on or a big turn off. So there is more then just one thing that will keep you with one person you see?

*blinks* What were we talking about again?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:00 am
LOL (lost track? )

I agree.
If something catches your attention, take a closer look.
Then go say hi.

One thing I wouldn't be able to deal with, is if that person didn't like anime.
I can deal with "not a gamer" (that can be changed sometimes) rofl
But if that person doesn't like anime, then we're not going to have much to talk about. Because that's my favorate subject.  

xwhateverxdudex

aamiller321

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:15 am
xwhateverxdudex
LOL (lost track? )

I agree.
If something catches your attention, take a closer look.
Then go say hi.

One thing I wouldn't be able to deal with, is if that person didn't like anime.
I can deal with "not a gamer" (that can be changed sometimes) rofl
But if that person doesn't like anime, then we're not going to have much to talk about. Because that's my favorate subject.

This just in!: In a tragic accident Moonracers train of thought crashed off of the rails resulting in mass confusion.

People who aren't gamers can be cured with a nice big dose of any of the Super Smash Brother games.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:19 pm
xwhateverxdudex
When it comes to relationships, I know that appearance isn't everything, but there HAS to be at least some physical attraction. Or you might find yourself thinking of that hotty down the road, instead of the one your with, and that's not fair for either person.
Of course, you have to understand that physical attraction isn't really about appearance. It's about hormones and pheromones. Blind people still find certain people physically attractive. The visuals are the bait. That's why men seem to be hardwired to stray from monogamous relationships. There's always going to be someone hotter than the person you're with. It's the other stuff that's more important. People just think appearances are more important cuz society has developed some imbalances in social interactions.  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:22 pm
Dude: Agreed.

*chuckles* I don't know if they have to like anime for me but at least tolerate it because I'm a big kid at heart man. I like games of all kind, I like anime, I like my action figures, wallscrolls, plushies, etc... They have to at least tolerate that stuff. I'll cut back some if I'm with someone who isn't a big fan but by god I will not give it up I don't care how much I'd want to get with 'em.

miller: *snickers* No, I didn't lose my train of thought see it arrived just fine at the station. I just forgot what started this whole thread. sweatdrop *chuckles* I don't know about that but I'm sure there is a game out there that will make a non-gamer at least play once though probably varies on the person. Though I love the latest Super Smash Brother game.

Purple: Monogamous? Though other then that word you make an excellent point it is more about the hormones and pheromones then the looks, but at the same time I think it's the whole package really but hey I'm an odd ball what do I know? ^_^  
Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff