Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Hippie Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild promoting peace, love and music. 

Tags: Hippie, Flower Child, Peace, Love, Music 

Reply The Gaian Hippie Guild
Have you ever gotten told your not a Hippie? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hatheos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:58 am
Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00
Yeah. I have came to a conclusion of why people hate us. They don't know how to express their beleifs like we do and we don't care about what people think of us right? I bet they do which is why they hate us. Because we aren't afraid to express stuff they want to, but can't.

"Imagine all the people, living life in peace."-John Lennon
Human instinct includes hate, therefore we must evolve and live life in peace.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:57 am
Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00
Well most peoples in this Guild are actually Hippies. The type that was in the 60s' and 70s' is the type we are even though we weren't alive then although I'm sure everyone here feels as if they were.

Even that's tricky to describe seeing as there were different types back then as well. My aunt for example was not a part of the drug scene, but she was a HUGE political hippie. Other hippies were not involved in politics at all; some were in it for the drugs and sex. That's why it's really hard to describe what a hippie is or what they do. It's actual a controversial topic really. I understand where you are coming from though and I know you are describing the 'freedom fighter, peace-loving, flower child" hippie, but I just thought I'd spit some info for ya. q:  

capn crunk

HippieKrowly

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:20 pm
yeah way to go mam u said it haha  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:29 pm
capn crunk
Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00
Well most peoples in this Guild are actually Hippies. The type that was in the 60s' and 70s' is the type we are even though we weren't alive then although I'm sure everyone here feels as if they were.

Even that's tricky to describe seeing as there were different types back then as well. My aunt for example was not a part of the drug scene, but she was a HUGE political hippie. Other hippies were not involved in politics at all; some were in it for the drugs and sex. That's why it's really hard to describe what a hippie is or what they do. It's actual a controversial topic really. I understand where you are coming from though and I know you are describing the 'freedom fighter, peace-loving, flower child" hippie, but I just thought I'd spit some info for ya. q:

I'm pretty sure I am the "Freedom Foghting, Peace-Loving, Flower Child" Hippie type, lol. But hey, we are all Hippies so I don't see anyone of you guys different from me Hippie wise. And I don't see anybody who isn't a Hippie different from me. I just see them as confused people who haven't found there true self yet. Ya know what I mean?  

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Dust.And.Echoes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:09 pm
Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00
Dust.And.Echoes.

Its funny, my mom was a hippie...minus the drugs. She was born in 60, and literally grew up in the era and movement. I think she said by the time she went to kindergarten, she knew she wanted to be involved in the movement. She had some fun with the disco era, but stuck mainly to her hippie roots. My father was a hippie, and a drug user....despised the disco era. My step father helped build the stage at Woodstock, but was also never a drug user...never even has had alcohol.

My mom has always called me a "flower child" she said when I was little, I'd sit in the front lawn with dandelions, trying to make head bands and jewelry. I was raised listening to the music, and in the environment.

I have had a few people tell me that because I'm a southerner, that I can't be a hippie. And because my husband owns a gun, I'm not a hippie. Because, my husband wants to be a cop, I'm not a hippie. I find all of those statements to be quite untrue. I find a lot of southerners, grow their own food...and mind their own business. I find that living in a large city, and bad neighbor hood, protecting my family is important. While I disagree with government, my husband has a desire to help his community...and that is the way he wants to help, is by keeping people safe. I don't agree with everything law enforcement does, and I don't agree with everything a person does...but it is not my place to judge their intent, and I know my husband has the best of intentions.

So yes...I am still a hippie despite what others say, and my mom still calls me her flower child...so I don't care.

User Image

I'm a Southerner too. Myabe that is one reason people say I'm not a Hippie. And it's true, most people in the South, especially The Carolinas and Gerogia, usually mind there own business and are probably some of the friendliest people on Earth. The only time you really see Southerners from those places I said being really active, is usually when family is around. And I am sure Dust knows, aswell as I, Family is probably the number one thing to Southerners above all.

Sorry, I go on random hiatus's.

Everyone I know family comes first. My best friend came in from San Fran, and we were all excited to see her. Then her grandpa died. I think we got one day with her for the whole 2 weeks. She has been out of the south for 5 years. We all understood, but it just shows that the family thing really sticks.

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:17 pm
Ehh, I live in the Mid-North. Maryland, but where I live feels like the South. I sure do miss being in North Carolina though. But I have a lot of friends here who are practically a family to me.  

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Kaoru 81

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:31 pm
You are what you are, don't worry about labels. Just be yourself, because people will just see what they want to see anyway.

Been called a hippy by most people that know me....and that's alright. Had some people think I wasn't one because I eat meat...wtf I say to that. I'm just me, like it or leave it mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:28 pm
I'm always like that.  

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

dearest clyde

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:43 am
i don't really label myself as a hippie, but i fit the stereotype so i guess i must be.
User Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:45 am
User Image

I remember people telling me 'You are a hippie. Hippie Hippie Hippie.' I denied it for the longest time until I was like, 'Face it. I'm a hippie, and I'm proud.'

I think here is another Face it moment. We're hippies, man. If there are people out there who want to ruin our mellow, then so be it, but we can't let them get to us!

I had someone call me a 'Fake Hippie' the other day, and I thought it was great. They didn't even know me IRL and here they were going out of there way to stalk me and call me fake. I didn't let him get me down though, man.

<33
We're proud of who we are.

User Image

Captain Fagbox

Sazzie Lotus Song

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:16 am
lol I am always called a hippie. I am a hippie and I'm proud.
Peace and love.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:34 am
One of my teachers asked me if I was a Hippie, it was awesome, lol.  

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Emerald Clover13

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:05 pm
who cares what they say you guys...brush it off and keep going.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:06 pm
be proud but not priedful...after all we are one in the same/  

Emerald Clover13

sugarmagnolia420

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:51 pm
eff the haters  
The Gaian Hippie Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers