Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LifelessFawkes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:50 pm
I'd say Chrono Trigger or TWEWY.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:35 pm
Radio Jazzy
Haven't played much of Zelda. TWEWY and Chrono Trigger are two of the best games you could get for the DS, IMO. TWEWY is very unique and different, but Chrono Trigger will last you way longer.

There's really a lot of playability in TWEWY after the main story, due to the Secret Reports. They add a LOT of depth and explanation to the characters and the world, which are topics that definitely deserve study!! 3nodding

BlueSparker
Lol, I just press left/right over and over and down every couple of seconds.
For Twewy I recommend a screen preotector...no seriously, I got one and its scratched to the point that I dont recognize the screen in daylight. Thank Gawd for the Screen Protector.

...Yeah. I'm VERY glad I got a screen protector before buying this game. I might have to replace it soon...  

RoseSpirit

5,200 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:47 pm
It's funny how people are calling Akira Toriyama's artwork a turn-off... seems kinda shallow if you ask me. >_>

Besides, you only really see it in the cut-scenes.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:50 pm
Chrono Trigger is over a decade old and can stand up to any RPG on the DS. That's a testament to how good it is. If you haven't played it before, you should.

More CT love please. sad  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

ravemast

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:19 pm
Trenn Flashkill
Chrono Trigger is over a decade old and can stand up to any RPG on the DS. That's a testament to how good it is. If you haven't played it before, you should.

More CT love please. sad

Lol, yeah, I've noticed there's not alot of people saying I should get Chrono..

Isn't Akira Toriyama the same person that did the Dragon Ball Z artwork?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:19 pm
Teh AK
It's funny how people are calling Akira Toriyama's artwork a turn-off... seems kinda shallow if you ask me. >_>

Besides, you only really see it in the cut-scenes.
For some people art direction is just as important as(hopefully not, more than ) than gameplay.

It could be easy to find the animu-y art direction of chrono cross a turn off. But seeing as how we're on GAIA ONLINE I am a little... What's the word?

Skeptical.

That isn't to say it shouldn't be given a chance, though.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:30 pm
ravemast
Trenn Flashkill

More CT love please. sad

Yes, but it means nothing. People would seem to have you believe that the game sucks because of it. Like the character portraits make the game shitty or something.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:37 pm
Trenn Flashkill
ravemast
Trenn Flashkill

More CT love please. sad

Yes, but it means nothing. People would seem to have you believe that the game sucks because of it. Like the character portraits make the game shitty or something.

Yeah, but I'm actually attracted to DBZ- type artwork lol.. I think it looks fine.  

ravemast

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:45 pm
ravemast
Yeah, but I'm actually attracted to DBZ- type artwork lol.. I think it looks fine.

Hah, I'm the same way.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:48 pm
Trenn Flashkill
ravemast

Hah, I'm the same way.

<3  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:10 am
The sprites aren't really detailed enough to look like the DBZ art anyway.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:30 am
Chrono Trigger is one of those many RPG's that only got my interest for a few hours. I've never touched it ever since. sweatdrop
The cut-scenes look great though.

And since i haven't played TWEWY, i would recommend Zelda.  

Vaettur

xenozebrax

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:59 pm
I'd say Zelda because the DS game (PH) has some of the most intriguing and original puzzles I've seen in any game. Definitely worth it... But if you play online, beware of jerks who quit just before they lose... It's like they want to have a perfect record, even though EVERYONE knows it's pretty impossible. No one is perfect.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:46 pm
Chrono Trigger is decently fun, but The World Ends With You is a great pick for the DS. I've never got into Zelda yet, so I can't give my opinions on that.  

Andru Noyola

Dapper Genius

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas