Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Subscription Fees: Coming to a Wii Near You?(First post edit Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SylFariun

Distinct Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:06 pm
But.... but... I LOVE monster hunter.... and I like... crapped myself when I saw the Tri trailer... I guess I wont be able to play online...

Back to the psp I guess = as far as I know its free.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:06 pm
Servers cost moneyz  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:13 pm
I'm hoping they'll just come out randomly and say "naw america don't gotta pay"  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:19 pm
Waynebrizzle
If I don't get a job, that'd be great, but if I did, I'd be willing to pay.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Owwin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:22 am
Waynebrizzle
I will retract my hate of Capcom and apologize for all of the bad things I say about them.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:32 pm
But, money means better servers, and no ads... unless you're on Xbox Live :B...

Real world assets necessary to running servers cost money, and the subscription fees also pay for the salaries of the developers in charge of releasing new missions.

I am only fearful that Pay to play style games may lead to a trend of grind styled games. Why is noone but me even mentioning this? Seriously, it's money, guys. If you have it, it's there to spend of save... and then eventually spend. It is essentially worthless itself, the actual value is in what you trade for it. It's a system of credits. It's not like you can appreciate your dollars and cents(though, in a better economy, they could appreciate value). And for those of you that don't have any of it, well, you have other priorities.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:04 pm
Ill base my opinion after I play the game offline.

Paying to play actual good games online doesn't seem to be a bad idea though. Otherwise you will get people like this:
"Mitchell Saltzman of Gameworld Network expressed disappointment at the lack of "stat tracking, voice chat, and a mostly lag free environment" in the online mode."(regarding Brawl's online)

What a loser though am I right? I need to be able to chat with my voice so people know how bad I ******** up my language. I need to have a stat tracker so people know how much of a loser I am since I have no losses and a million wins and because I can't keep track myself.(*cough*rage quitter*cough). If I can't see every frame of me owning your a** the game sucks.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:42 pm
Thats stupid, Wi fi is always free its not worth paying 20 dollars a month.
Monster Hunter isn't the first game to have a Pay to Play, Games such as Guitar hero and Samba de Amigo you need to pay to get some songs.  

ev_kev

misternitsua

IRL Feeder

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:11 pm
ev_kev
Monster Hunter isn't the first game to have a Pay to Play, Games such as Guitar hero and Samba de Amigo you need to pay to get some songs.

If you'd look, you'd know that it's $20 every three months, which is better than the $40 that WoW charges for a 60-day card.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:40 pm
misternitsua
ev_kev

If you'd look, you'd know that it's $20 every three months, which is better than the $40 that WoW charges for a 60-day card.

Actually it's $30 for a 60 day card.  

ravemast

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:43 pm
don't care about mmo's anymore in the 1st place so this thread is irrelevant to my interests 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:00 pm
ravemast
misternitsua
ev_kev

Actually it's $30 for a 60 day card.
It's still cheaper. 20 for 90 days<30 for 60  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:02 pm
xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx
don't care about mmo's anymore in the 1st place so this thread is irrelevant to my interests 3nodding
It looks more like an MO than an MMO... like you can play co-op, and with lots of different people, and there's no level grinding.

Kinda different.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:52 pm
I will pay to play this, I won't like it, but I'll do it.
I really hope this doesn't go through.  

Milk Laggeh

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas