So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
People who quit JUST before they lose... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever dropped out early during an online game?
  Yes, admittedly
  No, of course not
  Don't remember, honestly
  Yes, but only because the other player was "cheap."
View Results

xenozebrax

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:07 am
Really? I usually tell them to wait 5 more minutes. That usually works, rather than p***ing off the other gamer by quitting for a reason beyond your control.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:38 am
My parents WON'T wait. They are so strict... stare  

namex

Demonic Hellraiser

9,100 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
  • Tycoon 200

ravemast

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:42 am
Setosku Skywalker
ravemast
I hate when people do this.. It ruins the fun in a game. Especially Metroid prime Hunters when they leave or cheat to win.. It's so annoying.

Have you ever played against one of those purple glowing asses who are invincible and kill you when they touch you? How fair is that?

Yeah, that hack is pretty annoying. I hate people that cheat to obtain different weapons though.

As for the dinner/ meal situation that happens to me alot too lol. Not as much now though because I don't play videogames as much.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:55 am
I rarely ever play online but I've seen that a lot mostly on Left4dead. Teammate throw a fit about dieing to much.  

Dryson

Invisible Prophet

xenozebrax

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:00 am
Dryson
I rarely ever play online but I've seen that a lot mostly on Left4dead. Teammate throw a fit about dieing to much.

Well... About that game... As an Infected, you're SUPPOSED to die a lot--there's no way you can survive an entire round without dying, unless you hide the entire time. So why would he quit? He must have too much pride, or something.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:14 am
Setosku Skywalker
Dryson

Well... About that game... As an Infected, you're SUPPOSED to die a lot--there's no way you can survive an entire round without dying, unless you hide the entire time. So why would he quit? He must have too much pride, or something.

The only time I get annoyed when I die as a boss infected, would be from dying as a tank without killing someone or incapacitating 2-3 people  

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

xenozebrax

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:44 am
xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx
Setosku Skywalker
Dryson

The only time I get annoyed when I die as a boss infected, would be from dying as a tank without killing someone or incapacitating 2-3 people

That happened to me once. =( They were all spread out, all had assault rifles, and all were trained on me as they moved away from me. It was saddening, but at least I didn't rage quit.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:05 pm
It's such a ******** punk thing to do, I stick it out til they end even even I'm getting owned.
The only time I quit is if the other team is glitching, or my parents are shrieking at me. -.-; Other then that it complete bullshit.  

-Hel the Reaper-

KitsuneSaria

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:03 pm
Usually, if I have something else to do, I just set the controller down and go do it. Honorable opponents will usually realize my character is idling and won't go after me. The ones that go ahead and kill me weren't worth fighting against anyways...

I admit' I've quit in games too, but only when the lag is so terrible that the match isn't worth it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:56 pm
I don't try and rage-quit unless the other team bullshits. (Camping, spawn killing, (lol CoD anyone?) etc.) to the point where I just decide to find another match.

What I hate even more is in GTA IV - Free Mode, every little kid (7- cool gets all whiny and pissy if they get epic car jump owned, and vote to kick, and then the rest of the game bandwagons. So ********' annoying.

The WTF Ninja

ravemast

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:43 pm
The WTF Ninja
I don't try and rage-quit unless the other team bullshits. (Camping, spawn killing, (lol CoD anyone?) etc.) to the point where I just decide to find another match.

What I hate even more is in GTA IV - Free Mode, every little kid (7- cool gets all whiny and pissy if they get epic car jump owned, and vote to kick, and then the rest of the game bandwagons. So ********' annoying.

Lol, I don't quit those games.. I just stay in it and fight it out. Plus the PC version of CoD4 let's you change teams up every game so I hope it stops after the next match. If it doesn't, then I quit lol.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:09 pm
ravemast
The WTF Ninja

Lol, I don't quit those games.. I just stay in it and fight it out. Plus the PC version of CoD4 let's you change teams up every game so I hope it stops after the next match. If it doesn't, then I quit lol.

I play WaW and there's always an Airstrike on the spawn point in Hardcore.
D;

The WTF Ninja

Thanatoast Crunch

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:11 pm
Ugh yeah, that's really annoying. Sometimes my Internet disconnects on its own, though. Can't help that. >< So maybe it would be unfair to have a penalty for quitting, if that were the case.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:18 pm
In Brawl, it's almost worse when the person you are playing just runs the timer on purpose, just to be ignorant.
But rage quitters are annoying.
I've had people rage quit on me in a tournament.
-.-  

Milk Laggeh

Diablo Helios

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:03 pm
AndoruSaN
Thats actually a pretty good idea. In Halo 3, if someone team-kills, you can decide whether or not they get a penalty, which is handy. If you know it was an accident or something you can choose to forgive them. It would be nice to have a similar feature for people leaving a game.
Sometimes those features backfire. I was zoomed in with my BR just killed one guy in swat and when I fire another shot to kill another guy my teammate walks into my shot and seconds later I am booted. (Unfortunately sticking an enemy sometimes counts as team killing if they walk into your team mates. sad )  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff